Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bringing back the Memories...

delta

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   jave87

jave87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Every time one of my favourite artist gears up to begin releasing new music I ALWAYS begin listening to their back catalogue and obviously now I've been having Delta's on repeat! It always takes me back though and I always have flash backs when I hear certain songs as to where I was in my life at the time and how songs made me feel back then.

For example...

"You are my rock" - This song was an instant favourite of mine the day Mistaken Identity was released. I remember I was living back at home with Mum and my two sisters and I had just come home from buying the new album.... I skipped to the very last song as I know its always going to be a classic on the album and this song was just so beautiful I started getting overwhelmed! I used to listen to it so much when I was feeling down, it is just one of those songs without fail that lifts me up and showed me that yes, life gets tough but there are people who can/will be there for you and it's OK to reach out to them when your struggling for a moment through life. I know it isn't everyone's favourite but it really helped me, especially when I was coming out in high school.

I love how music can do this... the stripped album is another one but this isn't Christina daily lol Many more of her songs like "Will you fall for me" "longer" and I think its safe to say the whole Mistaken Identity album always take me to a time that seems like a life time ago but its funny how back then you just can't see how great life is really going to be.

I am sure I am not the only one....

OFFLINE   Mikesig2234

Mikesig2234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Absolutely agreed, the feelings just come back again. Especially with Mistaken Identity. When you grow up with an artist, like Delta, it just makes you feel so proud and great inside when you see them coming back onto the top of the charts and into the music scene.

Whenever Brave Face comes on I think of her going into the audience on the BA Tour DVD. Me and my good friend who also love Delta would always sing that song at the top of our lungs in car rides, and in public too in stores and such. Not only did no one know what song we were singing (keep in mind I'm in the US) but they didn't think we were doing a good job singing either LOL.

Delta has brought me through a lot of tough times in my life. I never doubted for a second she would desert me, or any of you all--her greatest fans. I'm just so excited!!!

Hi my name is Mike, and i'm sitting on top of the world. Massive Delta Goodrem fan. Wishing everyone a happy life full of love, light, and joy xx.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/mikesig2234 ; Insta: Mikesig2234 ; Tumblr: http://peroxideonmyheart.tumblr.com

OFFLINE   jave87

jave87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
:)

OFFLINE   Neigh84

Neigh84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Whenever i hear throw it away I think of the first time i saw her perform it way back in 2003 at her Innocent eyes showcase!
Such good memories!!

OFFLINE   jave87

jave87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users