Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia Ratings

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
2.417 million last night for the final audition episode. Usually audience is down on the night before a public holiday but not last night.
The Voice has taken 6 of the top 10 spots on the list of most-watched programs on Australian TV in 2012 with more to come. I think by the time the series finishes on June 18 it will have 9 of the top 10, with Rugby League State of Origin taking the remaining spot. The list (as of June 19) is:
1. The Voice - winner announced (Nine) 3,238,000
2. My Kitchen Rules - winner announced (Seven) 2,812,000
3. The Voice grand final (Nine) 2,749,000
4. The Voice - blind auditions part 4 (Nine) 2,704,000
5. The Voice - battle rounds part 1 (Nine) 2,620,000
6. The Voice - blind auditions part 2 (Nine) 2,534,000
7. The Voice - blind auditions part 5 (Nine) 2,522,000
8. Rugby League State of Origin Game 1 - match (Nine) 2,515,000
9. Rugby League State of Origin Game 2 - match (Nine) 2,498,000
10. The Voice - blind auditions part 6 (Nine) 2,458,000
11. The Voice - blind auditions part 3 (Nine) 2,373,000
12. The Voice - battle rounds part 3 (Nine) 2,328,000
13. The Voice - battle rounds part 2 (Nine) 2,267,000
14. The Voice - final performance (Nine) 2,224,000
15. The Voice - live show 1 (Nine) 2,199,000
16. The Voice - premiere (Nine) 2,190,000
17. My Kitchen Rules - Grand Finale (Seven) 2,186,000
18. The Voice - semi final (Nine) 2,127,000
19. Revenge - premiere (Seven) 2,067,000
20. Tennis: Australian Open men's singles final (Seven) 2,046,000
21. The Voice - live show 3 (Nine) 1,975,000
22. The Voice - live show 2 (Nine) 1,934,000
23. The Voice - live show 4 (Nine) 1,894,000
(Source: OzTAM)

This post updates

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The Voice Australia last night posted another huge total audience: 2.61 million!

@mediaweekaus Mon TV: #TheVoiceAU 2.61m (Syd 804k Mel 938k Bri 430k Ade 215k Per 227k)

Normally ratings went down from blind auditions to battle rounds in US and UK, as well as several other countries.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Great to see the show riding high still..... fab figures :)

On a side note, i see the Voice US recorded it's series low last night and NBC was beaten by CBS for the first time since the Voice returned in February

Also, Britain's Got Talent beat The Voice last weekend in the UK

I know the Irish one had huge viewer drops too over it's (far too lengthy) run...

It is great for Delta to get her profile back up in Australia but part of me secretly hopes she wont return for a second run, despite the great figures, If it continues to record great figures over the series, I think she might be better off jumping ship on a high... as a show, the show has quite a reliance on gimmicks tbh despite it's attempts to come off as more authentic and more about the vocal talents of contestants.. I mean the chairs/ backs turned and the Battle concept are small twists on the talent show format in truth and as a show, I think it wont grab audiences for too long before the novelty wears off.... It seems like it is happening in some ways already in some places

Definetly In the UK, when the X Factor returns, the Voice will be looked upon as second best, the pantomine/ staged drama/ tension and competitiveness that Simon Cowell manages to create to garner headlines and hype works every time...

I wonder what other people think, should Delta come back for another run of the show and risk being attached to a show that may start to dip in the ratings or bow out on a high with a hugely successful run, i know whose to say the next series wont be as successful but what do you think ?

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,395 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^^^^ The second season here did even better than the first one. Infact it did so well that the X Factor was dropped to make place for the first season of The Voice kids.

And yeah i think Delta should do atleast one more season ^^^^

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well unfortunately Delta is getting really bad reviews - one from Herald Sun quite publicly bashing her which is horrible so its even the option of will they ask her on again :(

I think she should do it - its quite easy to organise her career around the show. 4 days for blind auditions - go away overseas and do your thing. 3 days for battle rounds - go away and do your thing. And then 6-8 weeks of live shows which technically can involve Delta touring in Australia if she wants to

The show is really good exposure but i am hating reaction shes getting - its unjustified

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Also, ratings dropped to 2.25m which could be because it finished late (10pm) or because maybe the public prefer blind auditions.. AGT did get over 1m viewers

Posted Image

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Amazing ratings. i saw that "article" about Delta. Fankly always thought The Voice would be a one season duty, but with all the negativity and the cheap pay <_< Delta should probably not do another season. she's a a point in life where she could explore many areas (preferable mosty music related) Maybe the Delta bashers would prefer Paula Abdul instead :lol: Simon Cowell just did the absurd (again) for X Factort: the first was getting Britney Spears for 15 million, the second currently closing a deal to have 19 year old extremely troubled former Disney star Demi Lovato as one of the judges. There's too much wierdness in the air. :lol:

Edited by fredandadele, 02 May 2012 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Also, ratings dropped to 2.25m which could be because it finished late (10pm) or because maybe the public prefer blind auditions.. AGT did get over 1m viewers

those figures still sound impressive... i mean long term , i dont see the show having hit run after run ... it is pulling in huge figures now because it is fresh and a novelty but i just think audiences will tire quickly of it.. just imo..

i know it is still huge Marco in Holland after multiple runs but i think internationally, it will lose impact quickly...

when you couple the negstive press for delta with the possibility if ratings going down... i think she would be smart to enjoy this run, play it cool- act like she might come back and then spin it with nines help that she just couldnt commit again sadly.. i dont see nine "firing" her even if she continues to get flack.. she has a goid relationship with the network with all of their shows she has been on.. it is all about how she spins it if she doesnt do another run imo

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ You sound really naive about the whole Delta returning next year. Yes Nine would fire her if it they believe it is better for the show and it wouldnt be because Delta 'cant commit to it'. Her career does not require her 24/7 - I believe if you are getting paid six-to-seven figure sum for a show which allows for flexibility - 3 days for blind auditions, 4 days for battle rounds - before the x amount of weeks of live shows is definitely worth it. On top of her needing it to keep a public profile in Australia and it even has impact worldwide too. I could imagine worldwide syndication after it wraps up in New Zealand and Asia and maybe even a less popular channel in the US. It rates very very well.

Next Monday will be a true test to how popular the show will continue to remain - the 2.25m seemed like a significant drop as an indication for what might happen. But I dont think the negative article about Delta is bad for the show - quite the opposite. Clearly, people love to put Delta down and it seems they want to continue doing that. Also any publicity is good publicity - an article that gets attention brings attention to the show where it may not have previously...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Here are the revised audience numbers for last week's blind audition episodes from OzTAM:
Description Total Sydney Melbourne Brisbane Adelaide Perth
1 THE VOICE -SUN Nine 2,704,000 944,000 752,000 505,000 256,000 246,000
2 THE VOICE -MON Nine 2,522,000 794,000 862,000 439,000 202,000 225,000
3 THE VOICE -TUE Nine 2,458,000 730,000 836,000 444,000 211,000 239,000

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

^ You sound really naive about the whole Delta returning next year. Yes Nine would fire her if it they believe it is better for the show and it wouldnt be because Delta 'cant commit to it'. Her career does not require her 24/7 - I believe if you are getting paid six-to-seven figure sum for a show which allows for flexibility - 3 days for blind auditions, 4 days for battle rounds - before the x amount of weeks of live shows is definitely worth it. On top of her needing it to keep a public profile in Australia and it even has impact worldwide too. I could imagine worldwide syndication after it wraps up in New Zealand and Asia and maybe even a less popular channel in the US. It rates very very well.

Next Monday will be a true test to how popular the show will continue to remain - the 2.25m seemed like a significant drop as an indication for what might happen. But I dont think the negative article about Delta is bad for the show - quite the opposite. Clearly, people love to put Delta down and it seems they want to continue doing that. Also any publicity is good publicity - an article that gets attention brings attention to the show where it may not have previously...

I wouldnt say it is niave .... Delta wont be fired... you have to be unprofessional, rude to the staff and contestants behind the scenes, turning up late , being a diva to be fired... Delta is none of these things... Nine would be handling things very poorly if they were to slag her off and say she wasnt doing/ had done a good enough job in the end. and say she was being "fired"

Now Nine could be disappointed with her performance but Im sure they get on well enough with Delta to sit her down and say things havent worked out and we wont be renewing your contract... that's when the Nine PR and Delta's PR would kick in to spin it as a mutual decision or a parting of ways amicably... ie they want to freshen up the panel and she wants to promote overseas so they decided she wouldnt be returning

The ratings speak for themselves... Nine wont want to tarnish this succesful run by attaching any negativity to it by publicly firing anyone... they may quietly decide to change things up and that will be fine, yes- some low rent tabloids could paint it as Delta was fired (if she leaves/ isnt renewed), but it is all about her holding her head high and being dignified (which we know she can do) and Nine being professional in their handling of it which would be expected ...

So Delta wouldnt lose face at all by not doing a second season.... all she has to do is grit her teeth, get on with this season and do her job as best she can....

If things continue to be so much against her, I feel she wont be back- her own decision. She is quite sensitive and took the MI backlash to heart so I'm sure if things go on this way, she wont want to put herself out there next year for more of the same... or wh knows , maybe she doesnt care what the press are saying about her on the show, maybe she is having a ball and would love to do it again

It frankly is too early to call...

But , all i know is her music career does not/ should not be reliant on this gig ... the music will speak for itself and find an audience if it's good enough and she promotes it . Delta does not need this show to be a success... she was in the past without it, and she can be without it again... Yes it is good exposure, but i think alot of what can be achieved for her will be done by the end of this run.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That was my point though. Regardless of if Delta actually quit and was not even considered to be fired - because of all the people who are calling for a coach to replace her - everyone would assume she was actually fired.

Shes really not THAT sensitive. Shes been through much worse and has pretty much her whole career. I just hope she can take the constructive criticism about it

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Revised audience numbers for last week's battle rounds, from OzTAM:
1 THE VOICE -MON Nine 2,620,000 806,000 936,000 431,000 216,000 230,000
2 THE VOICE -TUE Nine 2,267,000 700,000 779,000 408,000 193,000 187,000

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The final battle round draw 2.329 million viewers in five major Australian cities last night. The result makes The Voice Australia the standout among the international versions of the franchise, having consistently high ratings while audiences fell from blind auditions to battle rounds in the US and UK versions.

ONLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

That was my point though. Regardless of if Delta actually quit and was not even considered to be fired - because of all the people who are calling for a coach to replace her - everyone would assume she was actually fired.

Shes really not THAT sensitive. Shes been through much worse and has pretty much her whole career. I just hope she can take the constructive criticism about it

I just hope she doesn't take all this negativity to heart and that she stays on for another season.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Revised figures for final battle round from OzTAM
1 THE VOICE -MON Nine 2,328,000 665,000 827,000 435,000 186,000 215,000

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
the figures are still really great.. makes u think even if delta can win over a tenth of the audience to wanna buy her album, she'll be doing very well. .. regardless of any negative press and social media backlash

OFFLINE   I love Delta

I love Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
i love the voice! i watched the american one which was cool and their voices were amazing!

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The first live show pulled 2.199 million last night, the second lowest audience for the series so far.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The Voice fell below the 2 million mark for the first time. The second live show got 1.937 million viewers (five-city metro) last night, the lowest audience so far for the Australian version.
Last week's revised ratings figures according to OzTAM:
THE VOICE -MON Nine 2,199,000 687,000 697,000 431,000 180,000 204,000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users