Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia Ratings

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 418 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I just wanted to compliment on how well The Voice did on its first night. I read that the 4.1 million viewers was the most watched show for a reality show in Australian history! That is great! That equals to the US version getting 39 million viewers on the first night of the second season and the most watched in 6 years. Glad Delta is a part of it!

*Sorry for the wrong number in ratings. I first read 2.9 million then I just read Artin's tweet that it was 4.1. Sorry!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,654 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It peaked at 4.1m across all of Australia including regional areas

Across the metropolitan areas (five capital cities) it peaked at 2.93m but the official average audience is 2.17m

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
2.17 million is massive for a premiere, if it can even maintain just 1.3 million+ that would be considered a hit.

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 418 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It is so amazing to contrast Australia to USA. Here, shows get cancelled for reaching a low rating of 7 million.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,654 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Generally 1 million on a normal night is considered a hit but this week is just crazy.
Ratings war is NUTS!

But I've asked a lot of my friends, and they didnt even know AGT was returning tonight which indicates to me that Nine will win the night as well.

The Block was the highest rated TV show of last year as well which says a lot...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Well yes, 7 million in the US is equivalent to about 500k here, which is terrible in primetime.

I guess it is all relative!

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,369 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
HAHA Now you are all thinking there you have him again but i don't care. :)

I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE HUGE !!! EVEN ON THE OLD FORUM

It did even better than the Dutch debut (1.75 million based upon a pop. of 16.7 million)

It will crush every other tv show

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,532 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I doubt The Voice will crush every other TV show, it will depend on how Nine schedules it.
I also cannot believe a few people did not hear Australia's Got Talent returns tonight, Seven has been promoting the show very hard in the past month.
The average audience for last night's premiere, in each city, according to OzTAM is:
Sydney (where the show is made) 655,000
Melbourne 714,000
Brisbane 454,000 (out of population of 2.1 million)
Adelaide 175,000
Perth 178,000

OFFLINE   jx3delta

jx3delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The Voice is amazing so it's no question as to why it has received such awesome views and ratings :)

Posted Image
091207|030408|210808|180412
© banner and icon by me

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,532 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I was wondering, given this thread is only about the show's ratings, perhaps it should be in the TV section of the forum?

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
the figures are very impressive.. its great Delta is part of such a success story..

her profile can only benefit from all this.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,864 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
The Voice beat AGT in the ratings last night. 2.54m vs 1.19m.

Suck it, AGT!

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Nine gave Seven an absolute thrashing last night, hitting down all of their top shows. Revenge is down to 1.1 million, after premiering to over 2 million viewers a couple of months ago. AGT was rating close to 2 million last year, and now it's down to 1.19. Also, they took down Biggest Loser, which was rating around 1 million, and is now down to 825k.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,532 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I have been following Australian TV ratings for more than 15 years and I have never seen a reality show pulling more than 2 million viewers for the first two episodes. Even the Australian Idol, in their best years (2003, 2004 and 2006) did not have a start like this.
The city-by-city breakdown is:
City episode 1 episode 2
Sydney 655,000 767,000
Melbourne 714,000 818,000
Brisbane 454,000 475,000
Adelaide 175,000 230,000
Perth 178,000 251,000

Suck it, AGT!

2.54 million is a huge figure, but was slightly inflated because it included fans of One Direction who watched to find out how to win tickets to the Brisbane concert, so the "natural" figure would have been 2.3 million. You can say whatever you like to AGT, but I am sure the show will bounce back.
Anyway, last night's episode is now the second-most watched program on Australian TV this year behind My Kitchen Rules: winner announced.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,864 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

You can say whatever you like to AGT, but I am sure the show will bounce back.

............. Suck it, AGT.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I enjoy talent shows........

But I am sooooooooooooooooo super glad the voice is smashing AGT!!!!!!

Artin said it best!

I want to do my happy dance!
I'm sure too honestly, it has to do with the judges, not just Delta (mostly delta) cause for it to smash idol, when people are getting tired of these things, that is just awesome!
Stay Classy :)

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,369 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
And Yet again. I TOLD YOU IT WOULD TRASH ANY TV SHOW LOL :P :P :P :P :P :P
Ratings will go down during the battlerounds. And than up again at the live shows.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,654 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I was at the Battle Rounds and they were phenomenal! I dont know if it will go down

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,532 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The Voice's stunning debut even got a mention in the Hollywood Reporter newspaper of the US:

SYDNEY - Nine Network Australia looks to have a hit on it hands with the Sunday premiere of The Voice Australia becoming the highest-rated new show on television for the year.
The first of the blind auditions, introducing coaches Keith Urban, Joel Madden, Seal and Delta Goodrem and uncovering a new star in 19 year old former foster child Karise Eden, was watched by an average 2.9 million viewers nationally. The show won every major demographic and was the top-rated show on one of the most competitive nights of the TV year when it debuted against Seven Network’s Dancing With The Stars and Ten’s The Biggest Loser.
Nine needs a major hit — it's been sitting a distant second to rival the Seven Network for the last two years and the gap has been widening in recent months.
The Talpa format, in the works here since mid 2011, may provide the bedrock for a ratings resurgence as Nine launches its other big-ticket programs this week: the home renovation format The Block and Celebrity Apprentice.

http://www.hollywood...-goodrem-312400

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,369 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I was at the Battle Rounds and they were phenomenal! I dont know if it will go down

I have checked again Brad And they diden't.here I was wrong. :( They averiged still more than 3 million in the second season and about 2.5 at the first season.

I hope you will get the Kids version aswel. (Talpa confirmed only Germany, Austria and Ukraine it this time)

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users