Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Australian Spiders - Is it true?

A Haunting Question

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I know Australia has a few deadly creatures there's sharks(not as deadly as somethings like cars and your more likely to be killed by drowning than a shark), spiders, snakes, fish, octapie, sea jellies, crocs but the famous ones are harmless for the most part like the Kangaroo, Emu, Koala

Living in the Netherlands, Yeah... But Marco has been sending some tips to visits you guys in Aussie... Now no way ... Me and spiders not a good combo unless you want to be deaf and your hand black and blue....

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jessica's Jewels

Jessica's Jewels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Sorry if my spider photos scared anyone. :)

No one should let spiders stop them from going anywhere. You can get rid of them with a jar, a shoe or some fly spray. If you put it in a jar, you can watch it walk around for a while, then scare someone with it.

I usually only see the ones in my second post, but I have seen about two or three redbacks and some huntsmans. The rest are only little ones, and I don't know what they are called.

This has a list of spiders: http://en.wikipedia....tralian_spiders

One night a few months ago, the power went out, and don't know how, but I saw a spider like the one in my last photo. It was on the roof, and when Dad sprayed it, it landed on a brown rug, where we couldn't see it with the torch. The power came back on a few minutes after that.

Edited by Jessica's Jewels, 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image
Jessica 20 Victoria

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yep they can be stomped on, sprayed or put in a jar to be released outside where if I see one my first instinct isn't to stomp on them unless it's a white tail

Edited by ninafan, 19 July 2012 - 11:22 PM.

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Lol I've heard terrible things about Australia. Even on TV. Snakes just slipping in to bath and shower with you. Hoggers :P
I saw a program and this lady had to call someone. Totally puts me off ever going to Aussie lol. Especially those beasts up there. You guys act like it is a normal occurence lol. Especially Jess..lol. Heck, the spiders here are miniscule compared to those. Heck, we get huge daddy long leg ones here sometimes. But nowhere near the size of those things...ew.
I was staying somewhere and this guy said all calmly a huge one walked into his hotel or home (while he was on holiday in Aussie) and he put a icecream container over it and the legs were still visable..He also said he just saw spiders jumping from trees and killing birds a lot. He didn't seem to mind..
We do have poisonous ones here in New Zealand. It just depends where you go. I've never seen one. But I have seen ones with a huge middle (won't go into story).

At my old house, we used to have daddy long legs at our front door all the time having babies. Gross..I know. One time I sprayed one that was pregnant and somehow babies went everywhere...disturbing. We have them at our house here too though. They go crazy at night (obviously). I've seen them running up our hallway before in the middle of the night. I just can't stand them. I try and kill all that I can. But they do run fast and hide as they do or 'play dead'. Sometimes they hang out above our bath and move around. I just can't stand them. If I see one in the middle of the night and it hides, I will stay up all night until I kill them. I just don't like them. Those 'jumping' little ones are little devils! Or those little 'claw' spiders that look like mini scorpions..those are very common here. Especially 'Daddy Long Leg' ones. They are house spiders and found everywhere

This thread reminds me of that pic Jess posted on the last forum. That humoungous spider on the toilet. Anyone remember that thread?

Edited by DeltaFan, 10 April 2012 - 11:45 PM.

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Is it true there are more kangaroos than people in Australia? Lol. I heard it the other day and it sounds pretty scary.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

We all swallow a few spiders each year when we are sleeping !!! Without even knowing LOL

Thank you. Now I really wanna go to sleep tonight. :/

I heard that was all false...:/
It would be nice if it was. I must admit there was one of those 'Funniest home videos' in America and the guy has a spider over his mouth while asleep...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Just remembered this book they used to have at my intermediate school. It was a book about spiders..obviously. The front cover was just massive spider eyes on the front. I used to get teased with that book. Scared the crap out of me. They had them crawling in class too. I would just shy away and squish myself into my chair lol

Posted Image

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Is it true there are more kangaroos than people in Australia? Lol. I heard it the other day and it sounds pretty scary.

I don't know but could be true.
Where i live there are more pigs than people. LOL
Population 18200
Pigs 233000

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Population 18200
Pigs 233000

LOL...I think I get what you mean..not positive. But I'm pretty sure I get the joke if it was one lol

Posted Image

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Population 18200
Pigs 233000

LOL...I think I get what you mean..not positive. But I'm pretty sure I get the joke if it was one lol

Shure i'm joking. but the figures are true. :(

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Jessica's Jewels

Jessica's Jewels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
You never see them in the cities, but there are about 2.5 million more kangaroos than people.

I can't remember that photo. At a market a few months ago, someone was selling big spiders in frames. Some were as big as a plate.

Posted Image
Jessica 20 Victoria

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
o-0
Wild pigs?
When I was little, I was staying at my brother's farm. You get scary wild pigs out there. I didn't know anything about that. I just thought farms were cows, sheep and horses. I had no idea wild dogs ran loose or wild evil looking cats or pigs. So I was playing 'hide and seek' in a little hut. I heard a growling and didn't think much of it. Not long later, I was told a wild pig came out running. Man, it could've hurt me or killed me! Lots of people have been hurt by wild pigs!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

You never see them in the cities, but there are about 2.5 million more kangaroos than people.

I can't remember that photo. At a market a few months ago, someone was selling big spiders in frames. Some were as big as a plate.

They have those at the museum lol. Auckland museum. They have 'insect draws'. I was curious, so I opened these drawers. WTFFFFF I thought when I opened them. Just all those huge spiders behind glass and urgh...scared the crap out of me. They have animals on the ceiling too. Creepy. Last time I went was about 2006 though. Hate the museum..

Posted Image

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

o-0
Wild pigs?
When I was little, I was staying at my brother's farm. You get scary wild pigs out there. I didn't know anything about that. I just thought farms were cows, sheep and horses. I had no idea wild dogs ran loose or wild evil looking cats or pigs. So I was playing 'hide and seek' in a little hut. I heard a growling and didn't think much of it. Not long later, I was told a wild pig came out running. Man, it could've hurt me or killed me! Lots of people have been hurt by wild pigs!

No the ones you find at the supermarket. :lol:
All held in farms.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
oh the standard kind :P

not these
Posted Image
lol

Posted Image

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Actually i lied. :lol:

Our population is 18338 and there are 233560 pigs.

We are number one LOL

http://www.boerenbus...rkensbedrijven-

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm sure there are some 'pigs' in that human population number Posted Image

Posted Image

ONLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I'm sure there are some 'pigs' in that human population number Posted Image

could be. Not me though. :P I'm really really nice

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   samiam

samiam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Haha I'm glad I stumbled across this thread :) Oh I HATE spiders as well! Which is really NOT a handy thing to have when you live in a house where a huntsman is found about once a week. But seriously, everyone, don't let that put you off coming to Australia. Honestly, it isn't that bad. It does depend where you go and hotels are fine and clear of spiders. So please come!! :)

e6emiq.jpg

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I wonder if any of the spiders are fans of Delta lol.
Just got a random image of a bunch of spiders dancing to 'sitting on top of the world'. Sounds adorable, but it aint :lol:
sitting on top, sitting on top of your wall making spiderrr webbss lol

Edited by DeltaFan, 11 April 2012 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users