Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Australian Spiders - Is it true?

A Haunting Question

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Guys, girls, since I am new I apologize in advance if my post is completely wrong in this section.

Sorry *kitty eyes*.

Well, I've always wondered whether or not the rumours and what people say is true about Australia. This is something that could totally throw my "never-travel-to-australia"-policy overboard, so here comes:

Are there really so MANY deadly (and huge!!) spiders in Australia that you actually stumble upon when you are not, like, in the outback or something!

I refer to those "Funnel-web-spiders" that are said to actually like townships, cities and houses.

Thank you very much.

"Once you've got a theory of how the thing works - everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first."

(Linkin Park - "When They Come For Me")

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
There is such a gross exaggeration about our "dangerous creatures". I have never once encountered a snake or massive spider in the wild. It honestly depends where you go. If you go anywhere in the bush / rainforests you would be more likely to encounter them. It's not as if they just roam around free. It depends on the weather, the climate etc. Spread the message that there's nothing to be afraid of in Australia, the exaggeration is immense.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I hoped so :D

"Once you've got a theory of how the thing works - everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first."

OFFLINE   Jessica's Jewels

Jessica's Jewels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
We have these everywhere:
Spoiler

:(

Posted Image
Jessica 20 Victoria

OFFLINE   Jessica's Jewels

Jessica's Jewels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Not really. It will be different wherever you go, but most are like this one. You usually see them in the corner of the ceiling:

Spoiler

I think there are only two types can kill you, and it has been a long time since someone died from a spider bite.

There are snakes, but you won't see any if you are going to stay in a motel. They are usually near water and places where there are a lot of trees.

Posted Image
Jessica 20 Victoria

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
depends on where you are in Australia as to the spiders you encounter, the Funnel Web is in NSW and Victoria but I've only seen one in capivity, there is a spider related to the Black Widow called the Red Back that's found all over Australia but they're not deadly I've only seen one out of capitivity once and it was dead. We do have deadly snakes but they rarely come into houses, there's anti-venoms for just about all of our venomous creatures just beware of the Lion and Stone fish

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I friggin hate spiders the worst I've seen are huntsmans. About it. Daddy long legs and huntsmans are about it.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Jess, I put your spider pictures in a spoiler tag. I mean, seriously. LOL. A warning would've been nice.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks Artin, could you also put a pg warning on it... If you guys know what a pg-rating is.
Marco just let me see the pictures and I'm terrified off spiders and just seeing the photo's I got ...... Gross..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Sophiebear

Sophiebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Dude... they are horrifying. I don't even like the piddly little ones that scuttle round my garden. :wacko:

xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I'm glad I'm not the only one with arachnophobia!

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
LORD, so glad Artin put the photos in a spoiler tag, ugh! Hate them :( Not those small ones (it's not like i like them either) but those big ones, meeh :(

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

LORD, so glad Artin put the photos in a spoiler tag, ugh! Hate them :( Not those small ones (it's not like i like them either) but those big ones, meeh :(

You mean those big black basement spiders we get every winter? I hate those... :( Thank God in Germany they aren't usually this big.

OFFLINE   Sophiebear

Sophiebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I'm glad I'm not the only one with arachnophobia!

They are freaky looking. I don't like the fact they appear from nowhere and their legs all move weirdly and urrrrgh. *shivers* I'd never kill one (At least not intentionally) - I'd just rather they weren't anywhere near me!

xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
yeah, suddenly they're just kinda -- there! right next to you and they always seem to watch your every move.
and then suddenly, they run in any random direction and the way that looks makes me really sick.

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,371 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
We all swallow a few spiders each year when we are sleeping !!! Without even knowing LOL

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   MatthyEnnex

MatthyEnnex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

We all swallow a few spiders each year when we are sleeping !!! Without even knowing LOL

Thank you. Now I really wanna go to sleep tonight. :/

OFFLINE   Sophiebear

Sophiebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well, that's me wearing some sort of surgical mask to bed...

xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
You're fairly safe from the nasty ones if you're not out in the bush.

This reminds me of a hilarious song 'Deadly Animals' by the Scared Weird Little Guys. It's the perfect soundtrack for a tourism ad. :P

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I know Australia has a few deadly creatures there's sharks(not as deadly as somethings like cars and your more likely to be killed by drowning than a shark), spiders, snakes, fish, octapie, sea jellies, crocs but the famous ones are harmless for the most part like the Kangaroo, Emu, Koala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users