Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tears turn to joy for Delta on the eve of the release of her new single SOTOTW

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,879 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Tears turn to joy for Delta Goodrem on the eve of the release of her new single Sitting on Top of the World

Posted Image

Posted Image

UNLUCKY-IN-LOVE Delta Goodrem has described the past year as one of the unhappiest of her life.

She split from fiance Brian McFadden and then US boyfriend Nick Jonas and, despite her best efforts, struggled to crack the lucrative US pop market.

But the 27-year-old singer Delta Goodrem says she has ridden out the emotional roller-coaster of heartache and despair, with her new single Sitting On Top Of The World - an apt description of how she feels now. Watch the brand new video below

"I really learnt a lot over these past couple of years; good, bad, it has been hard, it has been heartbreaking, but I always try my best to rise above anything that is thrown at me. I am always learning," Goodrem told The Sunday Telegraph.

See more pictures of the gorgeous Delta Goodrem

"It was a very unhappy time there for a second so to be able to celebrate coming out with music and be in full flight just feels so great.

"Even though music is my escape and I love to write, I wasn't in a place where I could let my spirit fly because it was being pushed down. I've had to make decisions, and they have been hard, but I am feeling stronger and wiser for it."Goodrem's first single in nearly five years will be released on Friday with the singer to perform it live at the Logie Awards in Melbourne next Sunday, followed by appearances at Westfield Kotara and Miranda that week.

The song, she says, reflects how she feels now, having survived one of the toughest years of her life.

She has returned to Australia to work on new Nine show, The Voice, and reconnect with her Australian fans with her new single and album.

"I have been through my ups and downs but I'm back to being myself, back to being free and loving music and loving life," she says. "I feel very much at peace now. I feel like me again."

It has been a decade since Goodrem burst onto the Australian music scene as a star on TV soap Neighbours with her hit single Born To Try and Innocent Eyes.

At the height of her success in 2003, she was diagnosed with and successfully fought Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Goodrem's yet-to-be-titled fourth album will reflect all that has happened in her life to date, happy and sad, good and bad."I've made mistakes, I've got things right, I've got things wrong musically and personally, but right now I really feel like I'm in the best place I have ever been," she said.

http://www.dailytele...r-1226321038753

Artin

My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
well I like the last sentence :)

Anyone else ever read these and just want to reach out and giver her (or whoever the article is about) a hug ?
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Awwww what a sad article.

She always seems so smiley and happy these days so it is easy to forget that she has had a really dramatic year... we've all been very critical of her disconnection from us and music but that wasn't really fair.

I like that she's being so honest about it all. I love her :(!

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Maybe she wouldn't be unlucky in love if she didn't date prepubescents and mental unstable douchebags.

Love & Light, hehe xx.
Martin~

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
we should start another thread on who she should date in our opinions!
lol
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
If she just dated Benji from the get go...

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She needs to have a lesbo phase.

Also, I'm sorry, but since when has breaking up with people been equivalent with "the hardest thing" to go through? I mean, the woman beat cancer for cryin' out loud.

Edited by Eissa, 08 April 2012 - 03:57 AM.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
i'm genuinely surprised that she describes last year as one of the unhappiest of her life.... goes to show you dont know what is going on behind closed doors... she split with brian and got with Nick quite quickly and she always looked so happy with him travelling round and just having fun with him,

I really hope she does stay single for a while now, for her own good, so she can be truly happy in her own skin and then get with a guy truly on her wavelength...

OFFLINE   tino2003

tino2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Do not worry your head her. Delta will know what all went wrong. I want her to be happy and she knows to express in their music.

Tino
Good Day Everywhere!!!

@@tino2003maier

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Interesting read. Surprised to hear she's had such an unhappy year. I hope everything will run smoothly from now on for Delta. There always seems to be so many ups and downs!

Beautiful pictures.

Michelle

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
There are some other pictures in their gallery..

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Aww that's really sad to hear delta has had a tough time of it :( and it's great she has come out and is brave about it and is happier now. It must have been so hard for her breaking up with Brian, I don't think we appreciated how hard and heart breaking for her that must have been. I know she was with nick but imo it was so clearly a rebound!! She has been through her fair share of heartache but it's good shes feeling good and better now!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for the article, so happy to know she's feeling herself again. :)

OFFLINE   tino2003

tino2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Hi Artin, Delta reads here, anyway?
Good Day Everywhere!!!

@@tino2003maier

ONLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

This Interview Just Got Me Really Exicted For The New Album.... All Over Again!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I really like this interview. Delta has been gone from the public eye for so long it is interesting to hear what she has been up to since 2007! Good to hear that she feels like herself again maybe we will hear "her" in this new album which we missed out on when her third album "Delta" arrived on the scene! I am so ready for this new chapter. Bring on the music Delta!

Exciting Times!!

Edited by Memories, 08 April 2012 - 07:20 AM.

bannerMemories06b_zps478de8db.png

Thanks to thaisdramaqueen

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
"I've got things wrong musically and personally" - musically ^_^
Also getting more and more excited for this album. So so happy she's finally feeling herself again <3

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   MattRiley28

MattRiley28

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 65 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Delta you are the most wonderful person i have ever meat Im glad you are happy again when we no your sad where sad as well i can't wait to see you again as long as i don't get lost finding the place in Melbourne. don't let any think worry you or let any heart you again your fan's are here for you all the time.you brighten my day all the time when you sing. Don't ever change Delta your the best.

take care keep smiling always
Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm surprised to hear her say that the past year was difficult, which goes to show that we don't know what really happens behind the scenes. I'm happy for her that she finally feels free and in a good place in her life. It will be intresting to hear allll these struggles and triumphs reflected in the album.

OFFLINE   Nichole-Delta

Nichole-Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks heaps for the that Artin :) And so glad delta is herself again. Stay Strong Delta. All your fans are here for you. We all love you... And are so proud of how far you have come... Keep up the fantastic work...

take care, Keep smiling and stay positive xx
Posted Image

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Truthfully, I think we were all a bit harsh on her, upon reflection. And i do include myself in that.

This article has been a sharp reminder for me that we don't always know what goes on behind closed doors; there is always more to the story than what lies on the surface. She references her spirit being pushed down - that may not have just been the breakups, but it could also have been the label, media publicity of her relationships, us....you just don't know, it's probably very complex.

I'm just glad she's back at a place where she seems happy and comfortable and ready to get back into music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users