Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CHART WATCH #1: Sitting on Top of the World

charts

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Well what I was thinking was. If us as her fans managed to get her to number 12 of downloads and we've all bought a physical cd at least 1 copy (I think I have 4) we should be able to at least get her to number 2 or even number.

After writing this I see my theory makes no sense at all. But I still reckon that There is every possibility delta can debut at number 1. I don't think one direction will be any higher on the aria charts as they have hardly moved on iTunes.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Also I think its really important for Delta to stay in the Top 10 as long as possible, thats what will inevitably make the song a success - not one week at #1 and then dropping off.

Believe Again - #2, #6, #11 (3 weeks to leave Top 10)
I Cant Break It To My Heart - #13 then #42 (Biggest fall in history at that point)

In This Life did great - #1, #2, #2, #4, #3, #3, #3, #5, #10 (9 weeks in Top 10)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Well what I was thinking was. If us as her fans managed to get her to number 12 of downloads and we've all bought a physical cd at least 1 copy (I think I have 4) we should be able to at least get her to number 2 or even number.

After writing this I see my theory makes no sense at all. But I still reckon that There is every possibility delta can debut at number 1. I don't think one direction will be any higher on the aria charts as they have hardly moved on iTunes.

I'm not saying its impossible, I would just be very surprised because Carly Rae was selling double the #2 for most of the week - as in I dont even think it will be close between Carly and Delta. Like 4:3

Posted Image

OFFLINE   alistairlovesdelta

alistairlovesdelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
im so happy with how the song has gone on itunes #2 is awesome especially for delta who has never been a big downloads artist :D so happy
plus with all the instores and this competition there would have been heaps of physical sales so who knows... at least i think it'll definately debut at #2

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
SOTOTW officially debuts at #2.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
That's great news for delta! It can still get to the top spot. When, and I saw when Carly rae dies away a bit.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That's great. :)

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That is such great news :) Honestly, so proud of that achievement.

Songs to debut in Top 5 since 'Believe Again' - 23/12/2007
Delta Goodrem - Believe Again - #2 - 23/12/2007Posted Image
The Veronicas - Untouched - #4 - 23/12/2007Posted Image
Britney Spears - Piece of Me - #2 - 10/02/2008
Madonna - 4 Minutes - #1 - 20/04/2008
GetUp Mob - From Little Things Big Things Grow - #4 - 04/05/2008
Michael Jackson - Thriller - #3 - 12/07/2009
Pink - So What - #1 - 31/08/2008
Wes Carr - You - #3 - 07/12/2008
Flo Rida - Right Round - #1 - 01/03/2009
Short Stack - Sway Sway Baby - #2 - 02/08/2009
Robbie Williams - Bodies - #4 - 25/10/2009
Vanessa Amorosi - This Is Who I Am - #1 - 25/10/2009
Stan Walker - Black Box - #2 - 06/12/2009
Jason Derulo - In My Head - #1 - 28/02/2010
Kevin Rudolf - I Made It - #4 - 11/04/2010
Brian McFadden - Just Say So - #1 - 25/04/2010 - #1 for 3 weeks!
Katy Perry - California Gurls - #3 - 30/05/2010
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - #4 - 15/08/2010
Rihanna - Only Girl In The World - #1 - 3/10/2010
Short Stack - Planets - #4 - 10/10/2010
Pink - Raise Your Glass - #1 - 24/10/2010
Kesha - We R Who We R - #1 - 14/11/2010
Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (Im Lovin You) - #3 - 16/01/2011
Lady Gaga - Born This Way - #1 - 27/02/2011
Rihanna - We Found Love - #3 - 9/10/2011
Reece Mastin - Good Night - #1 - 04/12/2011
Delta Goodrem - Sitting On Top Of The World - #2 - 22/04/2012

If we analyse the #1's, there is one thing that is clear. They are generally huge international artists with songs that are intended to be played in clubs or largely on radio - Lady Gaga, Kesha, P!nk x 2, Rihanna, Madonna, Flo Rida and Jason Derulo. In almost 5 years, they are the only artists to hit #1 on debut besides Brian McFadden + Vanessa Amorosi.

This Is Who I Am is one of my favourite ever songs and it was a smash on radio so that makes sense and Just Say So, which went to #1 for 3 weeks, came out of nowhere. Great song but dated too. But they are the two exceptions in almost 5 years (good on them I say).

As for Delta going to #1 on iTunes next week - possible. As for Delta hitting #1 next week - I doubt it. As shown in just the first two days of the next charting week, Carly Rae is killing it and I dont think its until the Sunday airing of The Voice where Delta will feel that resurge and I think Delta may eclipse on Tuesday to go #1 unless Reece Mastin has something to say about it.

So my expectation is that Carly will stay #1 next week and maybe Delta will eclipse #1 if she can hold on. I do however think Delta should be doing more promotion 2 weeks from now - performances on Today Show, interview on A Current Affair, print magazine cover shoots. Keeping this song in Top 5 for as long as possible and even clinching at #1 eventually would be awesome.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
#2 is amazing. Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

SOTOTW officially debuts at #2.

Artin

That's a great debut... I'm delighted for Delta... even if she doesn't go number one with this song, number two is a great achievement..

Lets hope she stays top 3/5 next week.. a huge drop wouldnt be the best start to this era.. but im optimistic this wont happen... it's a new song, people dont have it on the album yet and the voice will be great exposure for week two promo...

But #2 is a great achievement :-)

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,733 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
#2 is a great start for Delta after such a long break :)

So my expectation is that Carly will stay #1 next week and maybe Delta will eclipse #1 if she can hold on. I do however think Delta should be doing more promotion 2 weeks from now - performances on Today Show, interview on A Current Affair, print magazine cover shoots. Keeping this song in Top 5 for as long as possible and even clinching at #1 eventually would be awesome.

This is why Delta's role as a mentor on The Voice will hamper the promotion of her new single. She can't appear on Seven or Ten until The Voice finishes in July (she can appear on Channel V and MTV though) and she has already appeared on most major FM radio stations in Australia. Which leaves newspaper and magazine interviews and photoshoots.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Being on the highest rated television show and all the exposure from that is far better for Delta than one or two appearances on Seven or Ten.

FAR BETTER.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Channel 7 & 10 have jackshit that can promote her, I mean if Rove was still around it'd be a different story.

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Even then, it wouldnt do that much. Roves influence dwindled massively towards the end. The best sort of shows for Delta to actually have influence on iTunes would be to appear on would be The X Factor or Australias Got Talent finale, or Sunday Night or Today Tonight which all have equal or if not better opportunities on Nine Network with 60 Minutes, A Current Affair and the more exposing and popular The Voice which has already done better than X Factor and is beating AGT in ratings. Sure, a Sunrise performance would be nice but its not a necessity until the album is out which should be fine for Delta :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I know, the only other shows you can really perform on are Young Talent Time and Dancing With The Stars.

#2 is fantastic, we should all be very happy with that.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Aww its a shame Rove is not around anymore, I always really enjoyed watching his interviews with Delta!

ANYWAY - NUMBER 2!!! This is great news!! I am so happy for Delta, she totally deserves that what with all the in-stores she has done! Id much rather have SOTOTW in the top 10 for a good number of weeks than hit number 1 and then be forgotten about just as quickly. I think longevity is more important these days :)

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,883 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Congrats Delta!! :D

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   knightr634

knightr634

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I keep reading on various news columns that Delta is #2 (and Rachael Learcar is #18!!)

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,623 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Hoping "Sitting on Top of the World" will be on the charts for at least 10 weeks in Top 10. That could beat her last single by at least one week which could help her when she starts promotion in the U.K.! While she is in the U.K. she could very well release the second single (with a music video) at home during that time riding out the good feed-back from "Sitting on Top of the World." I think the instores have helped her greatly and I can already see that this era will be very different from 2007. With Vince by her side I can see her making a bigger impact then she did in 2007 and 2008!

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Hoping "Sitting on Top of the World" will be on the charts for at least 10 weeks in Top 10. That could beat her last single by at least one week which could help her when she starts promotion in the U.K.! While she is in the U.K. she could very well release the second single (with a music video) at home during that time riding out the good feed-back from "Sitting on Top of the World." I think the instores have helped her greatly and I can already see that this era will be very different from 2007. With Vince by her side I can see her making a bigger impact then she did in 2007 and 2008!

10 weeks ain't happening Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users