Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CHART WATCH #1: Sitting on Top of the World

charts

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Yeh if it were x factor then she would definitely have sung. I thought jimmy Barnes was a little random though. And good to hear it rising on radio. I think this weeks charts will obviously be Karise crazy but our delts still keeps selling :D

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
The release of SOTOTW during the voice has done amazing things for her coming album...
Posted Image

OFFLINE   lilfiary

lilfiary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Brad, I'm pretty much in awe with the amount of knowledge and research in your posts. Are you applying for a job in Delta's team? If not you should, ' cause you're more helpful than most in at least the communication towards the fans ;)

keep up the great work!

Posted Image
Open Eyes, Open Mind, Open Heart

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,877 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
DOUBLE PLATINUM
https://www.facebook...444740318884101

Artin
My signature is awesome.

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Did i do that? haha

https://twitter.com/...027189076963328

I sent ARIA, Sony + Sanity a tweet at 2.37 saying 'surely its Double Platinum now'. Less than an hour later, they announce it.

Thats such great news though :) Very proud of Delta. The best bit is that she did it within 10 weeks! Not many artists can do that :)

Triple Platinum will come in next 10-12 weeks I'd say. By then she should have another Platinum Top 5 smash as well :P

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
So happy to hear that. Keep the hits coming!

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,627 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Double platinum is great :D

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Yay for double platinum !!!
Posted Image

OFFLINE   knightr634

knightr634

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
YES!! 2XPlatinum is brilliant!!

Just a thought, when the album is released, SOTOTW will most certainly be cherry-picked on Itunes which would once again boost it's chances so I really do think by the time the album is in the charts SOTOTW could make it over 3XPlatinum

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
With it now spending 10 weeks in the Top 20 and reaching Double Platinum - a feat not many artists can claim nowadays. Thats a very quick way of reaching Double Platinum but if anyone can do it - its Delta. The song may drop out of the Top 20 next week, which is fine. Makes room for the next single which is coming in a matter of weeks! Crazy!

Having two singles in the Top 50 will be awesome. I hope Delta's team have big things in store for the new single. I think instores will be really really good for her. This single doesnt have to go #1 - it does need to at least go Platinum and go Top 5 though.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   alistairlovesdelta

alistairlovesdelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
id love it if it went #1 seeing as SOTOTW just missed out

it be great if she could get 10 #1's but the end of this era... fingers crossed

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I highly doubt it. The song really has to connect with all of Australia. Or if she does instores, she may have a good crack at it

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MzMandy

MzMandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Finally 2x platinum come on Australian highest selling single of 2012 :L And i suspect it will hit #20 or low 20s next week on the ARIA top 50

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ When it comes to the ARIA Awards, Gotye is by far the winner of highest selling single by an Australian. (period generally from August-August).

For the end of year charts, Delta's chances are better.

Current Competitors: Matt Corby 'Into The Flame EP' (4xP), 360 'Boys Like You', Hilltop Hoods 'I Love It', and Timomatics 'Set It Off' (3xP)
-> Considering Reece Mastin's Good Night (4xP) went 3xP in early January, I dont think he'll be a competitor.

Matt Corby was Gold in early January so he's in the lead and probably will not be beaten as 7 months on from release, hes still in the Top 30 whereas Delta is likely to drop below Top 30 in a matter of weeks.

But I strongly believe SOTOTW will be Delta's highest selling single of her career (BTT at 3xP), may reach 4xP and can well likely be the second highest Australian single on end-of-year charts. Maybe Top 10 overall including international artists

Posted Image

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
But its totally not even something worth thinking about. Matt Corby is unlikely to have another hit single again, whereas Delta keeps rolling them out.

Delta's album is probably going to be the highest selling album at 2013 ARIAS, after winning in 2003 and 2004 with Innocent Eyes, with 'Delta' in 2008 and narrowly missing out in 2005 with 'Mistaken Identity'. With potential contenders of Hilltop Hoods, 360 (Platinum) and Missy Higgins and Keith Urban (Gold) and possibly The Veronicas - if Delta simply goes Double Platinum this year (and the others dont) - she's got the highest selling Australian album of 2012 in the bag.

Overall competitors include Adele (13xP overall, 3xP so far - going to be unbeatable), One Direction and Florence Against The Machine.

Top Ten album of the year is definitely achievable. Releasing 'Delta' in late October did not help her chances, as she went #13 (still very good). An album release perhaps in August/early September will give that extra edge.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I just realised that The Voice artists will probably push Delta out the Top 20 tomorrow. Cause downloads were so high for the voting for the grand final, one days worth of votes can affect the entire week. We will see.. Perhaps Delta will not be Top 20 for her 10 weeks...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

^ When it comes to the ARIA Awards, Gotye is by far the winner of highest selling single by an Australian. (period generally from August-August).

For the end of year charts, Delta's chances are better.

Current Competitors: Matt Corby 'Into The Flame EP' (4xP), 360 'Boys Like You', Hilltop Hoods 'I Love It', and Timomatics 'Set It Off' (3xP)
-> Considering Reece Mastin's Good Night (4xP) went 3xP in early January, I dont think he'll be a competitor.

Matt Corby was Gold in early January so he's in the lead and probably will not be beaten as 7 months on from release, hes still in the Top 30 whereas Delta is likely to drop below Top 30 in a matter of weeks.

But I strongly believe SOTOTW will be Delta's highest selling single of her career (BTT at 3xP), may reach 4xP and can well likely be the second highest Australian single on end-of-year charts. Maybe Top 10 overall including international artists

Although seeing SOTOTW getting 4xP would be amazing I think it will probably peak at 3xP, considering it was really spurred on by exposure delta got through the voice and now that it has finished it probably won't get as many downloads...
Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I think it's about time I posted an update to her all-time standings:

#153. Born To Try
#456. Lost Without You
#515. Innocent Eyes
#550. In This Life
#720. Not Me, Not I
#863. Out Of The Blue
#876. Predictable
#1007. Together We Are One
#1012. Almost Here
#1757. Sitting On Top Of The World
#1886. Believe Again
#2847. A Little Too Late
#2884. Mistaken Identity
#3261. You Will Only Break My Heart
#4105. I Can't Break It To My Heart
#4860. Mistakes

I originally predicted it would end up somewhere near 'Together We Are One', but she'll need another 7-8 weeks in the top 50 to make that happen.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

With it now spending 10 weeks in the Top 20 and reaching Double Platinum - a feat not many artists can claim nowadays. Thats a very quick way of reaching Double Platinum but if anyone can do it - its Delta. The song may drop out of the Top 20 next week, which is fine. Makes room for the next single which is coming in a matter of weeks! Crazy!

Having two singles in the Top 50 will be awesome. I hope Delta's team have big things in store for the new single. I think instores will be really really good for her. This single doesnt have to go #1 - it does need to at least go Platinum and go Top 5 though.

I want reasonable Instores, like Towers during the weekend SOME POINT this era so I can actually GO!

I've never done a Delta instore before...

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Doing an instore at Towers doesnt make it reasonable. All her instores are reasonable as she performs multiple songs and stays for many hours. Dont be blaming Delta cause you cant be bothered travelling up to an hour to see her. She cant be everywhere at once, shes been doing more than enough.

The only reason why I think she'll go 4xP is cause of all the artists that go Platinum that have spent 10 weeks in the Top 50. I feel with the second single and the album release that new fans will be downloading the single over a long span of time. But im not definite on it, 3xP is highly likely though.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users