Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CHART WATCH #1: Sitting on Top of the World

charts

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,633 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Sitting on Top of the World is #11 on the digital tracks chart and #2 on the Australian artists chart this week.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I have to disagree, even though it will hurt SOTOTW's longevity, I think she has to drop the second single while the iron is hot. If it is June 15th, a 9 week gap is perfectly acceptable (most artists have a 10-14 week gap between launching singles).

But I dont think the iron is hot. I dont feel like the public is ready for single #2 yet. I honestly feel like people have had enough of Delta Goodrem and will simply not embrace the new thing she will release. People are sick of her in other words and I feel thats something that can only heal with time. For now though she should just continue being herself on The Voice which I'm sure will get people to warm up to her and still promote the first single until its time for people to embrace her again.

I agree that timewise it would be okay for Delta to release second single then but reality wise I just dont think its a good time..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
If people are sick of her, why would they want to hear a song that has already been out for months again?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
They wont but the song is that good that its changing peoples opinions - my family included. My family love to bag me out about her for many many years but they actually like her after 60 minutes interview! But not everyone watched the show and I feel as of two weeks ago, Deltas finally stopped caring what people think of her and is being herself and its really really great to watch the real Delta on The Voice. So peoples opinions are getting much less harsh (even from the Pedastrian.tv live blog which is popular, and on twitter as well) and so I think things are looking up for Delta!

Perhaps June 15 will be perfect timing for second single - I can imagine everyone loving "Dancing With A Broken Heart" - the title itself is enough for people to resonate with and like it. I'm just saying it needs to be done right. Another forumer suggested that the other coaches doing solo songs (even if its just one of them) would work in Deltas favour

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
#8 on iTunes Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
wow can't believe it's jumped to number 8!!!!

I think that a second single would work now, however I also agree that waiting a while could work. I believe this song has yet to do what it was planned to do. It hasn't cemented her yet and it needs a little longer to achieve this.

The only way for her to do this is to perform on The Voice. Then people will get on board with the song. And then it will be accomplished - many people interested in Delta, then bam, the second single has dropped.

I love Delta, and I just want her to do well! I feel like I am a part of her, and am invested in her success. I just want her to be around forever!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   MzMandy

MzMandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I was totally about to write off SOTOTW for next week to hit a low of #14-15, but it has climbed to #8 on the iTunes chart. If Guy didn't perform last week she would of been #10 this week but good for him debuting in the top 10. But If she can sustain in the range of #8 to #12 this week I'm sure she'll re-enter at #10 but then again the voice performances really screw the charting weekly with the exception of this week. There is a 50% chance she will be at #10 - Guys single is no longer a threat as it sits in mid range and will fall from the top 10, Kylie is behind delta and has tumbled to #47 on iTunes. Katy Perry is a bit of a threat as she sat at #8-10 last week but debuted at #26 on the ARIA chart. Maybe she will climb but probably not 10. Then we have Gym Class Heroes and the voice renditions that may enter top 10.

On the question of a second single, i believe she should release it a tad after the winner of the voice's single to avoid being blocked off to have a possible #1. SOTOTW was released in the midst of Call Me Maybe and that blocked her off to have a 9th #1 single.

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
#7 atm

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
#7! makes my heart warm :) it was actually at #20 last week. with only one of the voice contestants ahead of her. now its at #7. i wonder how many of the voice contestants will push in front of her and i wonder if she can keep her position above the songs shes in front of. so so cool. would love it if the song kept rising and Delta performs the single on The Voice and it actually goes Top 5 on ARIA again. That'd be truly incredible :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
dont wanna jinx it either but if digital sales data is anything to go by, shes very close to #6 as well...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
It's now number 7 on iTunes. 60 minutes must of helped very well!! ;-)

And I have to agree with brad, I think sitting on top of the world has yet to reach its potential and is slowly slowly growing on a lot of people (new fans) and the more we see of her on the voice and hear her on radio the best chance the song has of being the best performing song her career.
I think she should perform it on the voice!! And Just focus on being the best on the show and making sure one of her contestants win.

Leaning and rehearsing the second single would be way too much...
A Keith and delta song would be PERFECT!! They suit so well together!!!!

And lastly, I think delta and her record label know exactly what they are doing. She has been in te industry for a lot longer than most people and to still be able to gain new fans nearly 10 years later and have a song in the top 10 for 2 months on iTunes is amazing!! Just be patient and like they say "patience is a virtue"

OFFLINE   MzMandy

MzMandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I hope she is certified 2x Platinum soon! then 3x - Here we come Highest Selling Single 2012 :L

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Australian Airplay Chart

#22 (#15) DELTA GOODREM // Sitting On Top Of The World

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I feel the single will go Top Ten again this week on ARIA Charts. But its hard to predict and I wish she wasnt falling down the iTunes chart until tomorrow since today still counts but we'll see.

Its now at 22 on the airplay charts, from 15 last week. http://www.aircheck....abaseChart.aspx

I JUST WROTE THAT BEFORE YOU POSTED JIMJIM! Nicely played hahaha.

But yeah, that tells me that perhaps the songs chart run is over from here on. I still think she should continue to push it by singing it on The Voice which would be really good for her career - especially if she wows the nation by hitting that high note. If it doesnt connect with Australia, the first single can still aim for 3 months in the Top 20 which is something to be proud of.

I really wonder what Deltas doing in the US after The Voice. Perhaps playing the new song to the record label, the people who count and filming the second single? If Delta's intention is to release the second single as the first US single - a performance on a high rating US show would work as great promotion in Australia, as well as radio adding it considering Sitting On Top Of The World should be a high accreditation.

I think Double Platinum is quite soon. This Sunday will make it 8 weeks (2 months) and I feel she will go Double Platinum on Week 10. I wonder how influential a performance on The Voice finale will be. If she does that high note, and really does blow the nation away - I can see the single going Top 5 on iTunes straight away, a massive increase on radio and being a renewed hit that will spend 3 weeks in Top 10 before fading strongly. If it does get this renewed interest, I can see the single going Triple Platinum before the album is released. I think its important for the second single to be released while Delta is still hot which I'm hoping a performance like this would do. She should really promote the second single. I mean Delta has promoted the first but only exclusively through Channel Nine and instores. I think Delta should do instores for second single - simply because having a '#1' from this era would be good for her career launching into the States. But we'll see..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I find it so funny that when it comes to the weekend, SOTOTW surges ahead outside of it being further behind for most of the week. Its hilarious but its when it counts - good start to the charting week so lets hope it keeps up. Currently at #13 but close to 12 (darren percival - the voice) which may occur soon but is pointless as the Saturday night encore of Voice will get all Voice artists another push til Monday.

Interested to see where Delta charts tomorrow - it should be Top 10. Glad to announce Missy Higgins' album debuted #1 - she told us at her concert last night :) <3

Delta really should be nearing double platinum. Like before The Voice finishes. I'm expecting her to perform SOTOTW on June 18 which should get the song in Top 10 for a few weeks - hopefully totalling at least 10 weeks in Top 10. Then they should release second single to radio early July - Delta assumedly going to the US to film the video around June 25-ish and then release the single July 13 with instores and major promotion. Really want second single to go #1 so they can push it worldwide. But im expecting SOTOTW to go Triple Platinum which is a big deal

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
That's not an uncommon occurrence, older songs (i.e. those that have been around 5+ weeks) always move up on the weekend. Factor this in with the weekend being the weakest point for The Voice to effect to the chart and voila, Delta rises!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Is the reasoning behind that those who are on the ball download straight away, e.g. during the week, whereas those who are casual music listeners download on the weekends - in their free time? I'm just assuming.

Cause I am talking about non-Voice songs that Delta always jumps a few only on weekends - e.g. Florence + the Machine, Usher, James Morrisson, Labrinth, Jay Sean - songs that were in front of Delta during the week but right now are not. Sure enough though she will fall behind all these people come Monday/Tuesday haha.

What are your views on her hitting double platinum. I'm sure it has to be soon..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yes, that is one of the primary reasons. Alternatively, also people are downloading established hits for their parties/events on Friday & Saturday night. Obviously, you have the occasional track which has so much traction, the weekend won't effect it (e.g. Nicki's 'Pound The Alarm'), but mostly established hits move back up (e.g. 'Call Me Maybe' went from #10 back up to #2). Probably the most amusing example was watching 'Party Rock Anthem' drop through the weekdays only to surge back up the charts on the weekend and it did this continually for months!

Double platinum is imminent, especially with their premature certifying. Sales estimates:

WEEK A - #2 (29,000)
WEEK B - #3 (20,000) *GOLD CERT.*
WEEK C - #5 (16,000) *PLATINUM CERT*
WEEK D - #8 (14,000)
WEEK E - #10 (12,500)
WEEK F - #10 (12,500)
WEEK G - #11 (11,500)

= Sales approx. 110-120k.

So, she'll get her 2x platinum cert. either tomorrow or the following week I'd say!

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Delta didn't make the top 10 this week.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO