Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CHART WATCH #1: Sitting on Top of the World

charts

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   MzMandy

MzMandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I agree Brad that Kylie won't outsell Delta but MAYBE Guy would by an inch :S I have a feeling SOTOTW will drop to #11 or 12. Though i HOPE she sticks it out in the top 10 but the Voice Performances may push her out. Besides that theres no other threat to her, and a rendition of Born To Try might even knock her off if it goes well tonight ahaha.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Airplay chart:

#15 (#12) DELTA GOODREM // SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,518 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I feel its time for the song to drop. It wont be Top Ten this week and its going down on airplay - perhaps this is a good sign to release the second single in the next few weeks - June 15 would be great timing with a performance on the finale on The Voice (June 18) seeing as it wont interfere with the winners single apparently to be released on June 22. However I question if people will criticise Delta very harshly for performing on Grand Final night...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I feel she's going to face criticism regardless; people will always find something about her to criticise, so that really doesn't bother me anymore. It's a smart move and it would give the single great exposure. She definitely should do it as I think SOTOTW is only going to go down from here.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Even if she doesn't perform (consider that JLo has performed all three of her new songs on Idol this season), she can do the alternative 'premiere the video' or 'sneak peek of the song' sort of promo slot on the show, getting it out there, without necessarily have to perform it.

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 503 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Adam Levine & Christina Aguilera performed Moves Like Jagger on the finale, and it smashed the winner's song out of the water, and no one cared. Knowing the press, they'll make Delta look bad, but who cares, still more new music for us!

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I feel she's going to face criticism regardless; people will always find something about her to criticise, so that really doesn't bother me anymore. It's a smart move and it would give the single great exposure. She definitely should do it as I think SOTOTW is only going to go down from here.

That's the spirit.
Delta can't run from criticism forever, you know, in reality. And Anything she does to not get critized would probably mean a hiatus again, which even then would be criticized.

Edited by delbrit, 31 May 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
In my opinion many are being a little insulting with words thrown about from critics and others

"Let's see if Australia's Princess has what it takes to do this again! ..."

Delta never went away. Delta never stopped doing this. She has been creating music, moving to America, trying to crack the United States Music Industry, ending a seven year relationship with the man she planned to marry, working on Australia's "The Voice" and singing with Micheal Bolton. I think in the business she is in the longer you are successful the harder it gets. Let us give her a clean slate. I am so glad she is back home in Australia and recording songs on her home land. I feel that is where she creates her most special songs! I can't wait to hear her new album becuase I feel it will be something extra special. Goodrem has Vince back in her music and Brian McFadden is out!

This is something great!

Edited by Memories, 01 June 2012 - 12:08 PM.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Any news on chart positions for next week?

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Number 11 this week.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

In my opinion many are being a little insulting with words thrown about from critics and others

Delta never went away. Delta never stopped doing this. She has been creating music, moving to America, trying to crack the United States Music Industry, ending a seven year relationship with the man she planned to marry, working on Australia's "The Voice" and singing with Micheal Bolton. I think in the business she is in the longer you are successful the harder it gets. Let us give her a clean slate. I am so glad she is back home in Australia and recording songs on her home land. I feel that is where she creates her most special songs! I can't wait to hear her new album becuase I feel it will be something extra special. Goodrem has Vince back in her music and Brian McFadden is out!

This is something great!

But she hasn't put an actual song from her album for four years. THAT's all that matters.
She's been doing duets, and shared songs and shit with other people for four years, but it's her comeback to her own music.
THAT's what they mean. It's not even that rude, it's just a fact she's been else where doing else things and now she's back in Australia procrastinating the title/tracklisting and information on her new album, due this year.
It does look extremely unprofessional when you have a single out for two months and no album title.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

This is something great!

But she hasn't put an actual song from her album for four years. THAT's all that matters.
She's been doing duets, and shared songs and shit with other people for four years, but it's her comeback to her own music.
THAT's what they mean. It's not even that rude, it's just a fact she's been else where doing else things and now she's back in Australia procrastinating the title/tracklisting and information on her new album, due this year.
It does look extremely unprofessional when you have a single out for two months and no album title.

I can see your point. :)

I had hoped that she would promote and release album while she was here in Austraila promoting "The Voice" becuase then she would have been able to fly over to the states and go from there. Let's hope we hear something after "The Voice" wraps-up. I think she wasted alot of time when she could have released the album and done more (extra mall tours, talk shows, late night performances) promotion but hopefully she releases the second single and the album by the middle of July or early August!

Great Note: Vince is back writting with Delta!

Edited by Memories, 03 June 2012 - 12:06 PM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,518 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Apparently The Voice paid her 750K for this first season and may rise 1.75-2M for second season. Not only has the show made her amazingly relevant here (after over a 2 year absence when you count Kids Choice Awards and 2009 Xmas show) but it will also help her internationally. Its starting to get syndicated to NZ, but I can also see it being pushed globally (thinking US+UK) on a not so popular channel due to the calibre of stars - Seal, Keith Urban + Joel Madden - which would be really good for Delta. I can even see Delta + Keith promoting Australian version on Ellen or something

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I would rather Urban and Goodrem write a song together and promote that in the United States! The song doesn't have to be a duet but I would like Delta to pull out her piano and Keith to take out his guitar and let a heart-breaking ballad emerge from air. Maybe Delta could do backing vocals on the song. I have said from the very beginning of her American journey that she sould colaborate with Keith Urban and in my opinion "The Voice" is the best lauching pad to achieve that!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,518 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
She dropped to #20 and has been hovering around 17 to 20 for most of the week which surprises me to see Sitting On Top Of The World to rise all the way to #12 before 60 Minutes interview. Holding Strong! I'm feeling a Double Platinum accreditation soon :) within next 2 weeks I reckon. The chart is so close atm - especially the #10-#20 range. Its going to be interesting to see if this segment tonight does any immediate impact for the single. Im proud of what the single has done.

Im not joking, I can totally see Delta singing Sitting On Top Of The World on The Voice. Its such a killer of a song and if performed right, it can be career defining. Delta needs songs that she can look back on years to come and say - wow, that was a hit

If Delta extends the staying power for the single and it spends maybe 15 weeks in Top 20 and goes 3 to 4 times platinum (in numerical terms, her biggest selling single ever) - thats a big comeback and sets up hype for a huge second single and album. I feel the single hasnt had its moment. Sure its had The Logies and State of Origin but I think its destined for The Voice. I feel its unwise to release the second single this month when she should be concentrating on her job which is paying her 750K and could make her 2M next season if she does it right. I feel she did not do well last week and perhaps that was cause leading up to it she was concentrating on her own career by going to Melbourne to do Origin performance.

Radio + General Public should be begging for second single and seriously, its just not the right time. The first single hasnt reached its full potential and considering her public image is so not in the balance right now, i dont think it would be received well. Its all about timing.

Deltas connection with Channel Nine will pay off when second single needs to be launched and to be honest, the quality of the song should be high enough to make it a hit anyway. Anyone agree?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Your long ass posts are always a great read :P

Agreed! Timing is EVERYTHING in this music business.

OFFLINE   believe_again

believe_again

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
@brad: I agree with you and everything u said there

as much as i want her to debut her 2nd single on a major tv show like this, at the same time i feel like if she releases the 2nd single right now everybody is just going to forget sitting on top of the world and focusing on the 2nd single instead. The first single is going to drop like a bomb though it hasnt reached its fullest selling potential yet. It still amazes me how its holding so strong in the ARIAs chart despite of not reaching number one. The sales have been amazing, Ive read somewhere on the net that it has sold around 11k around last week or the week before to reach No.10 on the official chart. I mean why would you waste the staying power of this song!!!

And I also agreed on Delta performing this song on The Voice, it would be the make it or break it performance for sure with that high note. That high note is crucial, if she doesnt hit it right despite singing the rest of the song flawlessly, it would give her so much more negativity than ever. BUT if she DOES hit that note perfectly, im sure the public will just go "WOW" and buy the song right away to listen to that high note again, thats what happened to me the first time listening to the song anyway lol, and the same thing with the high note in Born to try, the WOW factor. She can just play it safe by avoiding the high note completely but i would still want her to try, she was born to try anyway (after failing so many times LOL).

Also I would probably be hated for saying this but how about lip sync anyone??? just the high note part to be sure considering the huge risk and possibility of not hitting it right -_-. I mean she can obviously sing the rest of the song live.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,518 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ NO! everyone will be judging to see if shes lipsyncing and itd be horrible for her career! Dont ever lipsync Delta!

I'd rather her not go for the high note than to lipsync. But I am confident she can hit the note live if she works for it

Posted Image

OFFLINE   believe_again

believe_again

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
^: how can you tell if its just a tiny part of the song??

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I have to disagree, even though it will hurt SOTOTW's longevity, I think she has to drop the second single while the iron is hot. If it is June 15th, a 9 week gap is perfectly acceptable (most artists have a 10-14 week gap between launching singles).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users