Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gossip Girl

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I agree with everything! Except with the Ivy bit as I love Ivy ;)

I'ts just wtf even. Way to make ALL YOUR CHARACTERS REGRESS. Like who even does that? it's as though they have no respect for their show or their characters and just do whatever the fuck they want, it makes no sense.

The fans love the show more than the writers do tbh, and that is sad because if you're working on a show and you spend heaps of times with those characters creating plots and storylines, you should LOVE them and want to root for them, instead of ruining them all to the ground.

The Blair Waldorf I loved is dead, the girl that ran back to Chuck for the 8979876876 time is NOT Blair Waldorf in my mind, because Blair would NEVER do that - I mean who goes to someone who makes them feel "vulnerable" and "devastated" like WHO? AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY DESPITE LOVING HIM? IT MAKES NO SENSE. I'd chose the best friend who made me feel strong and safe. I honestly think Blair is addicted to pain and misery, which is all Chuck does to her and vise versa. Plus how insulting to have her say a few eps before saying she lost herself between selling out for a tiara and getting traded for a hotel, and then to bring back the traded hotel thing to chuck's face again.. to have her running back to him ON TOP OF THE SAME HOTEL ROOF, then have HIM reject her there, and then for her to go running back to him ONCE AGAIN in Monaco of ALL PLACES, it's just insulting to that character.

You can so tell none of the actors were putting into their performance during that finale. Leighton looked so lifeless and dead in the eyes when she said "I love you" to Chuck, and Penn was all "meh" with his scenes that weren't with leighton. the only one who put in effort was Ed. margaret Colin who plays Blair's mum also rolled her eyes at the things Blair was saying, esp when she spoke about Chuck, and ugh how in the fuck is it a hard choice and Blair doesn't know which type of love is better" LIKE ARE THEY FOR REAL?

STUPID FINALE. worst ep ever.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Noooo lol you misunderstood me - or i wasnt clear - I like Ivy too, her character and storyline etc, I was glad to see her get the money she got because she did deserve it - I hope in the next series she continues to try and bring Lily down!

It is actually AWFUL what the writers have done and how they have just had NO regard whatsoever for any previous development of storyline or character. The serena at the end of this series has suddenly or NO reason or sense become the serene of series 1 again - can they not think of anything more original or imaginative?! its lazy, boring and unprofessional. They have completely disregarded Dair and any friendship and love Blair and Dan have - THAT HAS GONE BACK FOR AGESSSS - by giving them nothing and making Blair decide something that is illogical and doesnt fit in with her own character growth or story. And all for what reason?!! IF they had wanted Chuck and Blair to be together all along why wait til now, after Dair, to do it?! Why not as soon as Blair ditched Louis at the wedding?! That in itself doesnt make sense. Suddenly Blair's resolution not to be with Chuck again for various reasons has also been forgotten too!!!!

It is awful how they have written Blair....what kind of message does it send?? She herself said how the relationship made her feel vulnerable and weak so why on EARTH would you go running back to that for no apparent reason?!! And then not only does she do it once but twice after Chuck rejects her with the same typical excuse 'i cant be mr blair waldorf', why go and chase someone who has said that to you?! The whole thing just does not make sense, and your right, she must like the pain and drama of it all as why else would someone go back to that?

LOL i know what you mean, when blair said she loved chuck she looked dead behind the eyes!!! probably couldnt believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. I know what you mean, when blair couldnt decide between dan and chuck and was saying what each love was like, why would there be any contest?? any normal person would surely go for dan.

Awful, just awful.

i did actually like when Dan got in the car and Georgina was there....i thought then i dont give a fuck what happens now, let Georgina do her worst and actually make this show interesting again!!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oooh i'm sorry! :( woops. Clearly I didn't read properly D:

(i'll respond to the rest later, lol)

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
LOOK AT MY AMAZING ALT UNIVERSE

http://kissedbystarl...e-blair-waldorf

OFFLINE   Unwritten

Unwritten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Ratings for the 1st episode of season 6 was atrocious, CW made a smart move ending the series. While I absolutely love love love GG with all my heart, I am glad they are doing a send-off to the series rather than just cancelling it.

May the next 9 episodes be amazeeee <3

Posted Image

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Ratings for the 1st episode of season 6 was atrocious, CW made a smart move ending the series. While I absolutely love love love GG with all my heart, I am glad they are doing a send-off to the series rather than just cancelling it.

May the next 9 episodes be amazeeee <3

Hahaha i'm glad they were terrible with the way things went in the finale. No Dair. No Care. EVERYONE WAS OUT OF CHARACTER EXCEPT CHUCK. I hate the writers.

Doubt it, if it's all Chair centric ugh puke.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
So it's overrrrrr for good! What do we all think about that one?

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Lolz....

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

No comment.

However I created this blog gossipgirlplotholes.tumblr.com

the aftermath has been amazing

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oh bernadette I saw your blog!!! It was hilarious and so true! I recon they just had no idea how to end it or who gossip girl was so they just plucked a random idea out of thin air. Awful.

And the ending was so dire, that whole happy ever after thing was vile. And as much as I liked dan I never bought that he was suddenly in love with serena again.

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I think they had  planned Dan being Gossip Girl the moment Savage took the reigns back as showrunner (basically towards the end of s5).

The ending sucked, Blair and Serena basically became housewives and got married (nothing wrong with that but c'mon) they all basically became they're parents which nONE OF THEM WANTED TO HAPPEN. So it's utter shit.

Same, he still had feelings for Blair lbr and it was so stupid how Rufus and Lily weren't even endgame and Lily ended up BACK with her ex husband who gave her fake! cancer and left her alone to raise her two kids. Ugh.

I still don't buy that Blair would run her own design company/her mothers or merge with Jenny, she never wanted that in s4 so why would she want that now? makes no sense.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I just straight out hated lily by the end and had zero respect for her - why after all that would you end up with him?!

I hate how it was all happy ever after, the only way you can be happy is to end up married - with people they were with from way back when - as if that would happen!

it was just all so sickly and unrealistic - not only is blair running a fashion label she is also a working mum?!!

I also just didn't buy that dan loved serena again. after everything.

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Yep exactly my issues with it all.

The last thing Blair ever wanted was to be a fashion designer of her mum's label, that's what she said she DIDN'T want in season 4. She wnated to be a top fashion magazine EDITOR. Which would be perfect and so fitting for her, she's not a designer, she tells other people what works and what doesn't.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

yes exactly!! when did we ever see blair as arty, into designing etc?! being a cut-throat editor in charge kind of like anna wintor would have been so blair and more fitting than - "oh I get handed my mums company to me on a plate and suddenly I can design and im a successful new designer' - yeah whatever. cause that's how it works!

and talk about bad continuity as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users