Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Thanks for the Emma Louise you tube Johnson, I sort of expecting a commercial [which it was] to come on I was surprised to see Emma Louise singing and it took me about a minute to close my mouth and hit the record button so I missed a minute of it

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Karise Eden has matched a record held by The Beatles since 1964.
The Voice winner has notched up the top three places - and has eight of the top 40 songs - on the Australian singles chart, an astonishing accomplishment for a 19-year-old who was living in a women's refuge a year ago.
Eden's cover of Duffy's version of 1960s song Stay With Me tops the ARIA Singles Chart, followed by her versions of Hallelujah and I Was Your Girl. The singer said she was "blown away" to hear about the ARIA chart.
"To have my first No.1 is amazing enough. So thankful to everyone that has bought the songs and to everyone on the show for making The Voice such a big success," she said.
It's exactly where Eden's new record label Universal Music wants her to be: in the charts and out of the reach of scandal.
Working under the refrain "it's all about the album", Universal has blocked access to Eden, her friends and even members of her family, who have all been told to keep quiet about what they know of the young woman's life.
While The Sunday Mail contacted several of Eden's "aunties" - the female carers with whom she spent time growing up - all refused to speak about the woman they fondly call their "daughter", on the express instructions of the record label.
"It's simply about moving forward. It's all about the album now," a Universal Music spokeswoman said.

http://www.courierma...o-1226406406973

After winning The Voice, Karise Eden is about to embark on her victory lap across the country to meet her fans and release her debut album 'My Journey'.
News Limited readers will get the chance to hear one of her tracks, which has never been performed on the hit reality TV show that has made her a star.
The track will be revealed on Monday, June 25, from midnight AEST, at the websites of Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun and The Courier-Mail.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Karise Eden will perform songs from her debut album My Journey live in the A Current Affair studio tomorrow night (Monday).

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Conrrats to Karise a wonderfull achievement having the top 3 and 8 songs in the 40
Great story from living in a Woman's refuge to chart dominence
Not sure about Universal Music gaging relo's The Voice/Shine Productions used the media to milk all the publicity the could for the show - different company

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
http://www.dailytele...9-1226404728525News Limited readers have chance to hear Karise Eden unveil an unheard song from her album My Journey
Posted Image3

Posted Image
Source: Supplied

THE Voice has sold more than a million singles on iTunes, with Karise Eden producing four gold singles for Universal Music and the show's owners.
Eden, who has eight songs in the ARIA top 40, now has four gold plaques for Stay With Me Baby (No.1), Hallelujah (No.2), I Was Your Girl (No.3) and Nothing's Real But Love (No.11).

The Voice winner isn't the only artist commanding the Australian charts in the afterglow of the final of the ratings juggernaut this week.

Sarah De Bono's Beautiful debuted at No.4, cementing her prospects of a recording deal with Universal, which has the first option on all of the contestants.

Darren Percival's Damage Done also made it into the top 10, while his performance of For Once In My Life landed at No.17. I Believe also hung in the top 40 this week while his duet with Keith Urban of his song Without You put the original back into the charts.

Shooting Star, the song Rachael Leahcar penned for her coach Delta Goodrem, came in at No.31, with her rendition of Smile at No.34.

"Appearing on the ARIA charts means a great deal to an artist as it is a vindication that their music is resonating with people across Australia," ARIA boss Dan Rosen said. "The artists to emerge from The Voice should be extremely proud of this achievement, particularly in breaking the recent international dominance of our singles chart."

Don't be surprised if Lakyn Heperi also ends up on Universal's roster.

Eden recorded a few extra covers last week for her My Journey album, which is out tomorrow, to entice fans who already own the songs she performed during the series.

The man guiding her career at Universal, Peter Karpin, is determined to launch Eden on the world stage.

"Karise has a gift that can take her all the way, not only in Australia but throughout the rest of the world," he said.

You can preview Eden's recording of the Otis Redding classic Dock Of The Bay below.

NSW readers who want the chance to win an exclusive meet and greet with Karise, enter our competition here.
To celebrate the release of her debut album, Woolworths will be presenting Karise Eden live at Westfield centres nationally.
Karise will be performing and signing copies of her new album, T-shirt or poster.

The Voice winner’s debut album My Journey will be released on June 26.
It is a collection of the songs performed on the show, Karise’s winner’s single ‘You Won’t Let Me’, as well as newly recorded tracks.

You can catch Karise at one of the venues below:
QLD
Wednesday 27 June, Westfield Chermside, 12.00noon, Carpark
Wednesday 4 July, Westfield Garden City, 12.30pm, Centre Court

NSW
Thursday 28 June, Westfield Kotara, 6.00pm, Centre Court
Friday 29 June, Westfield Sydney, 12.30pm, Pitt St Mall
Saturday 30 June, Westfield Miranda, 12.00noon, Centre Court

VIC
Monday 2 July, Westfield Southland, 12.30pm, Centre Court
Tuesday 3 July, Westfield Fountain Gate, 12.30pm, Centre Court

SA
Thursday 5 July, Westfield Marion, 3.00pm, Carpark

WA
Saturday 7 July, Westfield Whitford City, 3.00pm, Piazza

ACT
Sunday 8 July, Westfield Belconnen, 12.30pm, Centre Court

http://www.dailytele...9-1226404728525

Also in yesterday's Sunday Telegraph it was mentioned that Universal Music were close to also signing the top 3 Rachael Sarah and Darren, so fingers crossed that occurs, I don't know if it is related but Rachael tweeted that she is back in Sydney today

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

VIC
Monday 2 July, Westfield Southland, 12.30pm, Centre Court
Tuesday 3 July, Westfield Fountain Gate, 12.30pm, Centre Court

Why can't it be somewhere more central to the city?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Good news Rachael Sarah and Darren have all signed with Universal Music
THE Voice finalists Sarah De Bono, Darren Percival and Rachael Leahcar have all secured record deals. Universal will release their singles on Friday - tracks which would have been their winner's singles.
Percival's single is called In the Blowing Wind, Leahcar's Coming Home Again and De Bono's No Shame.
The Voice finalists also have record deals
They will all release albums following the formula of winner Karise Eden: studio versions of their covers from the hit TV show and a handful of remakes.
The Voice takes over ARIA Singles chart

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Posted Image

Recommended Coverage

Posted Image

The Voice's Final Four

Posted Image

The Voice Finale after party

Posted Image

Trio on song to signing

KARISE Eden isn't The Voice's only winner.

Posted Image

12-day victory lap for Voice winner

LIVING the dream is going to mean no sleep for tonight's winner of "The Voice".

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Delta Goodrem finds new love on The Voice
Karise Eden wins Channel 9's TV show The Voice Australia
Pictures: The Voice winner Karise Eden: From Birth to Now
Pictures: Karise Eden wins The Voice
Pictures: The Voice finale
De Bono, of Melbourne, said all the final four deserved record deals.
"We all worked hard, we're all very different but we're all credible artists," she told music writer Cameron Adams.
"All I wanted was to be recognised as an artist, that's why I went on the show. Getting to the grand final was everything and more for me, no matter where I came.
"I was going to try and get a deal and release an album. This is what I was hoping for. Everything's falling into place."
De Bono's original song Beautiful (not to be confused with the Christina Aguilera song which was inspired by the same subject matter) debuted at No.4 this week, achieving instant gold accreditation.
"It's hard to share your story and be honest," she says.
"I haven't had the easiest time growing up. I wasn't popular, I was proud to be me and that was the problem. I never gave in to peer pressure.
"When you're trying to find yourself as an early teenager people put you down and make you feel like nobody. I got pretty bad, I had some dark times. But I changed schools and got through it, that's when I wrote Beautiful. Hopefully that song has helped inspire a few people, I'm getting feedback on Twitter saying it's helping people."
Video: The Voice's four finalists before they were famous
De Bono recorded covers of Usher's Burn and Duffy's Warwick Avenue this week.
"After this album I'm writing for an album of originals," she says. "I really want to have that out at the end of this year. The Voice was an amazing vehicle, but this is just the beginning."
http://www.dailytele...0-1226409505681

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Why can't it be somewhere more central to the city?

Because Universal has a deal with Westfield in which the winner will only appear in Westfield shopping centres. Westfield Doncaster, which is the one closes to the city, will have been ideal but I don't think it has enough space to hold so many fans waiting to see her.

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
I was thinking of highpoint.

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
So I met Sarah de bono and Emma Louise birdsall tonight at the part of me premiere, gotta signature and photo with Sarah :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Karise Eden will perform two songs (You Won't Let Me and It's a Man's World) at pre-match entertainment at the Rugby League State of Origin decider at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night. Karise, hailing from the NSW Central Coast, is a keen supporter of NSW Blues Origin team.

Runner-up Darren Percival returned to Sunshine Coast yesterday and was overwhelmed with his welcome from fans.
He yelled a sincere "thankyou" to the crowd while holding his son's hand and standing proudly beside his wife Amanda.
Darren returned home after a gruelling seven-week recording schedule with Universal Music, happy to announce the release of his first single In the Blowing Wind and his debut album Happy Home (to be released on July 13), which he said was a tribute to his family and the Sunshine Coast.
The 10 covered songs he performed during the show are featured in the album, including his emotional rendition of Stevie Wonder's I Believe, which lifted the roof and received a standing ovation. A duet with Mahalia Barnes, daughter of rocker Jimmy Barnes, and a soon-to-be released single, Happy Home, will also be included.
Darren will spend four days with his family, visiting friends and his local surf club at Coolum. He will begin preparations for a small-scale Australian tour from September to October, as well as performing at music festivals, before embarking on national tour in February next year.
http://www.sunshinec...ppy-to-be-home/

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yet again they go with the Voice, I was thinking of Keith as the pre-game entertainment since it's in QLD and the Maroons would want a QLD boy which Keith is

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Karise Eden's first album My Journey has debuted at No.1 on this week's ARIA albums chart, already certified platinum. Of her four singles which reached the top 5 in last week's singles chart, only one is still in the top 5 (You Won't Let Me still at #5). Hallelujah plunged from #2 to #38, while Stay with Me (#1 last week) and I Was Your Girl (#3 last week) dropping out of top 40 altogether.

EDIT: according to AusPOP, Karise’s ‘Stay With Me Baby’ (last week’s #1) has plummeted to #54 within a week. It is believed to be the biggest drop ever by an ARIA #1 song.
Karise’s ‘I Was Your Girl’ (#3 last week), Darren Percival’s ‘Damage Down’ (#8 last week), Karise’s ‘Nothing’s Real But Love’ and ‘Landslide’ (#11 and #15 respectively) are all out of the Top 100.
Darren Percival is at #78 with ‘I Believe When I Fall In Love’.
Rachael Leahcar fails to make the top 100.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Channel Nine announced tonight there would be a concert special called Voices Reaching Out, to air before the London Olympic Games. I think this will be shown on Sunday July 22, possibly up against the finale of MasterChef Australia.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Will delta feature in that concert Johnson? Also I heard that karise's video for 'you won't let me' will premiere on sunrise - weird seeming the voice was on channel 9!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Channel Nine press release on Voices Reaching Out concert:

In 2012, a group of amazingly talented singers achieved their dreams and were given the chance to shine. Now, in a special event, the nation’s favourite new voices will give something back by putting on a great evening of entertainment for the Reach Foundation. The singers who captivated the nation are returning in a one-off concert at The Palms in Melbourne’s Crown complex, to be screened on Channel Nine and hosted by Darren McMullen. Karise Eden, winner of The Voice, will perform her hit single, You Won’t Let Me.
She will be joined on stage by the three other finalists from the ratings-busting TV blockbuster: Darren Percival, Sarah DeBono and Rachael Leahcar.
Prinnie Stevens and Mahalia Barnes will bring another show-stopping number to life while Adam Martin, Ben Hazlewood and Chris Sebastian will treat the audience to an acoustic group performance.
The concert will also feature a duet by Fatai V and Mitchell Johnson as well as Brittany Cairns and Kelsie Rimmer reviving their popular rendition of Adele’s Turning Tables.
We will see the return of viewer favourites Diana Rouvas, Viktoria Bolonina, Emma Louise Birdsall and Casey Withoos.
Plus, viewers will be treated to a performance by one of Australia’s most talented singer-songwriters, Megan Washington, who has put something very special together for the Reach organisation.
With special backstage interviews by Faustina Agolley, Australia can catch up with the artists they’ve grown to love over the last three months. Jules Lund and Jesinta Campbell will also be on deck, bringing viewers some of the most inspiring stories the Reach Foundation has been involved with. Jeffrey Browne, Managing Director of Nine Network Australia, said the concert will be one of the highlights of the TV year.
“Everyone at the Nine Network has been touched by the incredible work of the Reach Foundation and the support they give to young people across Australia. This concert is our way of acknowledging them and helping to spread their message to the broader Australian audience,” Mr Browne said today.
“The calibre of performers who are joining us is exciting and the night will be a wonderful piece of entertainment for our viewers.”
Reach CEO Sarah Davies said the concert would help the foundation meet an increasing demand for their programs in the community.
“This incredible opportunity helps to spread the word about Reach and the positive difference it makes in the lives of tens of thousands of young Australians each year,” Ms Davies said.
The Reach Foundation, founded by the late Jim Stynes, an AFL legend, aims to inspire young people to believe that, no matter what their circumstances, they can achieve their dreams.

Will delta feature in that concert Johnson? Also I heard that karise's video for 'you won't let me' will premiere on sunrise - weird seeming the voice was on channel 9!

No Delta won't be at the concert, in fact none of the four judges will be there.
As for your second question, remember Karise is now signed to Universal Music so it's up to the record company to decide how to promote her album.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Nine has announced that Voices Reaching Out will be shown next Sunday week (July 15) at 6.30pm.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think there is still definitely a chance for Delta to debut her new single

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I think there is still definitely a chance for Delta to debut her new single

Do you mean at the 'Voices Reaching Out' thing? Do we have any confirmation that Delta will be there?

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta won't be at Voices Reaching Out concert. The concert will be held at The Palms at Melbourne's Crown Entertainment Complex next Thursday (July 12) from 7pm. Looks like tickets to the event won't be available to the public, so the only way to see the concert is to win one of five double passes by entering a competition at Universal Music's Getmusic website: http://www.getmusic....s/detail?id=424

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users