Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,827 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
South Australians have really good forms on reality competitions in recent years. The state featured in the finale of MasterChef Australia every year since the series began in 2009, with Adam Liaw taking out the 2010 title. Last year Reece Mastin won the third season of The X Factor Australia. Earlier this year My Kitchen Rules also featured an all-SA final, which saw friends Leigh Sexton and Jennifer "Princess" Evans beating Nic Mazzone & Rocco La Bella to win the third series. Can Rachael join them next Monday?

OFFLINE   possessionless*

possessionless*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Can't wait for the duet with their coach next week! Wonder what song they'll sing! :)

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Whilst I like Rachael, I don't think she'll win. I think it'll be either Karise or Darren.

Really excited to hear Rachael sing with Delta and I really hope Delta performs SOTOTW.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,827 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

How would you like to be involved in an exclusive Google Hangout with the Final Four artists? On Tuesday 12th June from 4pm AEST we'll be offering you the chance to join an intimate chat with each of the Final Four. Head to http://facebook.com/TheVoiceAU to find out how you can take part.

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I was seen on the show tonight with my mum meeting the singers on the red carpet - that was so exciting :D

Posted Image

OFFLINE   careychristopher

careychristopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I really wish Diana got through.. Oh well what an amazing top 4! Poor Rachael was sick! =(

So happy for once on an Australian singing show 3 girls are in the finals! It's always taken over by guys, like Xfactor last year. But this is great.

I love how Sarah made it! Ive always loved her! Karise did well tonight. Darren's sounded better & Rachael looked adorble, i really hope she does well next week. Plus didnt like how Delta didnt mention her on twitter tonight when she mentioned the other 3.

Also can someone explain what happens on the sunday show and the mondays. Hope everyone enjoyed tonights show. Im really gonna miss it =(

OFFLINE   Laura (from Holland)

Laura (from Holland)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Results of last week's live show for overseas fans:
Team Joel: Sarah de Bono went into the final 8 thanks to public vote. Joel then picked Ben Hazelwood as his choice.
Team Keith: Darren Percival reached the final 8 based on public vote. Keith then picked Diana Rouvas.

Results from tonight's live show:
Rachael Leahcar (Team Delta) and Sarah de Bono (Team Joel) are in the final 4. Joining them are Darren Percival (Team Keith) and Karise Eden (Team Seal).

Thanks for posting Johnson! :) So when does the next episode of The Voice air?

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I am so pleased Delta picked Rachael, I thought Diana deserved to be picked Karise and Sarah were predictable but also deserved, should be a great Grand Final next Sunday.

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I was seen on the show tonight with my mum meeting the singers on the red carpet - that was so exciting :D

Good on you Zoe
  • Zoe likes this

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Whilst I like Rachael, I don't think she'll win. I think it'll be either Karise or Darren.

I second that. I believe it will be Karise, however.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DUET :wub: damn!

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'd love Racheal to win...her voice is so special, a real diamond. Karise is amazing, too but her voice is not THAT unique, we've all heard of Janis Joplin before for example. But I guess it's some kind of fresh air since Janis has been dead for quite some time now and many young people don't know her anymore lol Anyways, I think they're all good but Rachael has my support, loved her from the start! I just want her to have a pretty album with old hollywood inspired songs, that would be so cool...( a girl can dream)

Edited by CielNocturne, 12 June 2012 - 09:25 AM.

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Im annoyed that voting for the winner started last night. I assumed with the live grand finale performances on Sunday that that would be when voting would start. Like now we already know Karise will be the winner. And why the hell would voting finish at midday for the winner? why not right up until the first half hour of the show?

Check out iTunes.

1. Karise
5. Darren - LAST WEEK
10. Diana - LAST WEEK + ELIMINATED
13. Darren
14. Sarah
17. Karise - 2 WEEKS AGO
21. Rachael
25. Ben - LAST WEEK + ELIMINATED
26. Adam - LAST WEEK + ELIMINATED
27. Karise - FIRST LIVE SHOW
34. Sarah - LAST WEEK
47. Diana - FIRST LIVE SHOW + ELIMINATED
49. Karise - AUDITION
54. Karise - BATTLE ROUND
55. Darren - FIRST LIVE SHOW
57. Lakyn - - LAST WEEK + ELIMINATED
60. Fatai - BATTLE ROUND + ELIMINATED
64. Fatai - 2 WEEKS AGO + ELIMINATED
66. Sarah - FIRST LIVE SHOW
73. Brittany - FIRST LIVE SHOW + ELIMINATED
90. Ben - FIRST LIVE SHOW + ELIMINATED
92. Fatai - BATTLE ROUND + ELIMINATED
99. Darren - BATTLE ROUND

Ridiculous. To be honest I think voting should be applied to the entire show for this, the grand final. Starting from last night, all performances should count as votes that are downloaded this week. That would be more fair.

But yeah, Rachael is seemingly in last position here. Poor Delta. At least she chose Rachael, otherwise her career would be over here... haha

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Future_JD

Future_JD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Is there not voting based on Sundays performance? I just thought they'd add the 2 together so it was somewhat of a surprise.

Racheal would be higher if she wouldnt of been sick. I think so any way. I loved the song more than I thought I would.

I found the girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long.

I told her that I'd never leave...

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Sunday counts as well but whats six days of voting versus half a day after Sunday. Cause voting ends midday Monday #silly

Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Whats the swear word Darren McMullen slipped in on the live show? Newspapers are saying he will be replaced by Andrew Gunsberg

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I doubt him swearing on TV is the reason. The real reason is that he brought nothing to the show and was deemed 'a nobody' by all critics of the show everywhere haha. Andrew G makes sense - his accent is more Australian, he is a million times better and is a professional. His chemistry with the coaches would show, I'm so excited if it is true cause Andrew G is awesome.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Yeah good point, it's also because of his

'tell-it-how-he-sees-it attitude' which was in this article:

http://www.courierma...o-1226391636372

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I am a bit undecided if it is a good thing or not that voting started from last nights show, you can only buy the single of each of the 4 finalists [which is consistant with what the voice has done through out the series only the winning song is sold on ITunes after the show] so I guess it is reasonable that now the Grand Finalists are known they might as well start the voting otherwise they would only get a bit over half a day voting if it only started after the Sunday show [more revenue for the producers of the show this way, it is all about the money-revenue].

I would be most surprised if Karise was not crowned the winner Sarah Darren and Rachael all have their good points but Karise has consistantly sold more of her songs on ITunes so must be more popular.

How interesting that after the blind auditions Yianna sang Rihanna's S & M and Sarah sang Jessie J's Price tag when it came to the battle rounds Joel said that the person he picked would be the person that could win the contest for him, which after the battle round I could see that they were both better singers that the songs they chose but how good a judge [coach] was Joel to pick the song he did for them and make the statemant he did - Sarah has not won it for him yet but she is his last contestant standing from his team

I though Darren did quite a good job sort of in the background [not trying to hog the limelight] but keeping the show moving [never heard of him before the show and wondered who the hell is he and why get an unknown import to host the show]

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,827 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Nine confirmed today that second season of The Voice would not be shown until after Easter 2013.

Results of last week's live show for overseas fans:
Team Joel: Sarah de Bono went into the final 8 thanks to public vote. Joel then picked Ben Hazelwood as his choice.
Team Keith: Darren Percival reached the final 8 based on public vote. Keith then picked Diana Rouvas.

Results from tonight's live show:
Rachael Leahcar (Team Delta) and Sarah de Bono (Team Joel) are in the final 4. Joining them are Darren Percival (Team Keith) and Karise Eden (Team Seal).

Thanks for posting Johnson! :) So when does the next episode of The Voice air?

The Grand Final airs this Sunday from 7.30pm to around 9.30pm AEST (but will definitely go overtime), which translates to 0930 to 1130 GMT. The winner announcement will be shown the following night (Monday June 18) from 7.30pm to 9pm AEST (0930 to 1100 GMT).

OFFLINE   Laura (from Holland)

Laura (from Holland)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks Johnson! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users