Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Carol Ahmed

Carol Ahmed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Welcome to the forum Carol :) You are willing to see the show streamed live by waking up early (due to time difference between Brazil and Sydney).

haha Yeah, it starts at 6:30 A.M in Brazil. This is how excited I am to watch the show. It's the time I wake up to go to work! lol ;D
Oh, and thanks for the welcoming! ;)

Edited by Carol Ahmed, 02 June 2012 - 03:17 PM.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Word on the street is that it is actually Ben performing 'I'm With You', which could be exciting.

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 188 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I'm watching all of The Voice epsiodes from the very start and I'm shocked to notice that for some of the blind audition songs - the victory song that they played after they've been picked by a coach is what the live show performance became.

I've only noticed it twice - Taga Paa - Fight For You and Ben Bennett - One Thing but it kind of makes me think that the producers have a say in what they artists sing as well as the actual coaches. This is confirmed by when Viktoria said that she told the producers she wanted to sing Smells Like Teen Spirit before Delta asked Viktoria to...

I agree Brad, yes it is a competition to find the best voice, but first and foremost it is a television program and the production company put a lot of money into the program [and same applies to all these types of program] so of course the producers have a lot of say in many or all aspects of what goes on so although the coaches give the song to the contestant i feel sure the coaches sit down in discussion with the producers and discuss what song to suggest for which contestant and why, is it ultimately the coaches choice the producers choise or joint choice.

I have noticed that all coaches have had a earplug in one ear throughout the process and can't help but wonder if a producer communicates suggestions or directions to each coach along the process, I also noticed with both Joel and Seal during the blind auditions that a couple of times they motioned to push their buzzer and looking for a nod yes or no to push it, so I am guessing from the producers who stand in front of the audience that the coaches are faceing

That said it is a great and very popular show

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Carol Ahmed

Carol Ahmed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Ahhh! The show is about to start! Anyone online? Nobody's can't do an ustream? :( :( :( I hate living here!

OFFLINE   Carol Ahmed

Carol Ahmed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Just heard about Delta's choice and didn't like it! I love Viktoria!! :(

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
who was Delta's choice Rachael or Glenn? Both are good singers and nailed the songs Delta chose for them.

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta putting through Glenn....again! ugh.

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Sarah de Bono is awesome!

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Ben is just so perfect Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
^^ ben is adorable so cute and his voice is amazing

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,309 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Results from last week's live show:
Team Delta: Rachael got through to the semi-finals via public vote. Delta then picked Glenn. Danni and Victoria were eliminated.
Team Seal: Karise reached the semis via public vote. Seal then picked Fatai V. Chris and Emma were eliminated.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I'm shattered that Emma Louise went home, a big loss IMO Posted Image

Anyways, the show delivered again tonight! Let's look at the breakdown...

THE BEST
Darren - Obviously, does anyone really question this? The reaction in the studio was insane. He lacks a bit in versatility IMO, but what he does, he does immaculately.

GREAT
Ben - I'm totally sold, sign me up as a #Hazlenut
Diana - The consummate professional, she is all class. Delivered once again and in a completely different capacity, anyone else think she looks like Tina Arena?

GOOD
Lakyn - Much improved over the previous week, not versatile enough IMO.
Adam - He certainly has his niche, I can see him being popular with the Triple J crowd, he's like the less-mainstream supposedly-indie Lakyn

OKAY
Brittany - I turned to my housemate and said "this could be her 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' moment"... was I right? Perhaps, I think the performance was alright, that moment when the band came in was indeed very nice... but! This won't win her any votes. Very much like Viktoria, she's gone from a front-runner to now fighting for survival.

BAD AND/OR FORGETTABLE
Prinnie - It was fun and nicely sung, but I feel that the original CD recording of that track has this strange magic about it and it is very hard recapture in a live setting, let alone in a cover.

Waiting for iTunes before I make my predictions. No doubt Darren will be #1 tomorrow.

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,521 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wrote a long message but it got wiped out. Just summarising - Sarah was also amazing - you forgot to include her.

iTunes fucking up will hurt sales cause immediate impact is what gets them high in the charts - only the really dedicated ones will buy now which is unfortunate for The Voice (but good for SOTOTW haha).

I feel Brittany + Lakyn were robbed with song choices as Viktoria was but I think we have a very solid Top 8.

Rachael, Glenn, Karise, Fatai, Darren, Diana, Sarah + Ben.

In my mind they will sing next week. I feel like The Voice is extended to June 25. It just has to - I'm sorry, I dont see any other explanation.

They've advertised June 18 as the Grand Final - it still will be. June 18 will be the grand final and June 25 will be the Grand Final Results. Its very smart advertising, its deceiving and will ensure massive viewers for both nights. Australias Got Talent did it years ago, I'm pretty confident The Voice will too.

I dont see how they will go from Eight 'Semi Finalists' to Winner Announcement the week after. It just cant.

---------------------

Anyways, with the results being announced June 25 (I've decided) - this gives Delta enough time to release second single then.

I mean I'm still divided over whether Sitting On Top Of The World should be done with yet or not. I feel like its still making an impact and Delta should make it a really massive single cause theres no better way to launch a second single than have a gigantic single preceding it. I'm confident it will go Double Platinum by the end of the month but if Delta sings it on The Voice on June 25, it will extend the success of the song unbelievably and may even go 3 or 4xPlatinum which would be huge. Then when you release a second single after a multi-platinum selling smash, radio embrace it massively (which they actually didnt for SOTOTW) and people tend to love it too.

But theres nothing like launching a single on the biggest TV show if there is a June 25 show then I think that is the perfect time in line with Delta's career and releasing the album, to release her second single. I mean I'm a little bit worried with how it will fare with people with Delta releasing the same time as The Voice Winner and I dont feel Delta will knock off the winner from #1 anyway. So I'm confused with what shes meant to do.

She cant sing it June 18 cause that is the contestants night and next week is way too soon considering SOTOTW is still doing well. June 25 would do and if Delta doesnt care about going #1 - by all means do it. I just think for Delta's career, long term - she should perform SOTOTW on the finale. To me, that is the best thing for her. It doesnt jeopardise the second singles success (whereas a performance might) and is the worst time to be competing for #1. I think performing SOTOTW will ensure it still has life in it, 10 weeks after its released. Longevity is something Delta has struggled with and sure - she's using the Logies, being present on The Voice, State of Origin and now 60 Minutes to ensure that length but thats what you have to do when you dont release music for 5 years. Promote the hell out of it. And I think performing it on The Voice will be the last hurrah for the single and it'll show an impressive run and have great certifications - marking a great comeback launching into the second single and then the album. That makes sense to me.

Delta said she's going back to LA after The Voice wraps up. In my mind, that is her saying that she is not releasing second single now. I feel she cant anyway. She doesnt have the time to do a film clip and shes not giving herself time to promote it either. I see her going to LA (maybe June 29) and doing the film clip for it as well as going to all the radio stations and setting up Sitting On Top Of The World as the first single in the US. She can do that for a few weeks (July 22-ish) and then come back to Australia and release the second single with the intention of releasing the album very quickly after. As in she's releasing the second single to promote the album, doing dual promotion (single and album). She should be literally everywhere with the July 27 release of the second single, which on top of a perhaps 3xP single preceding it and a strong first week on radio (Radio Release July 19). The album could be released August 17 and Delta should be over all the networks - Nine, Seven + Ten - as well as all magazines and such promoting the album. If she can do a big promotion opportunity in the US before she comes back to Australia, that'd be pretty cool too. The album should get a worldwide digital release straight away and then when she goes to the individual markets, at the right time release it physically.

I dont think this era should be rushed, I think it should be done properly and this is the era that should break Delta worldwide for good. And that starts with Australia. If the second single tanks and the album doesnt do what it should, then UK + US wont have faith in Delta as an artist and it all goes downhill from there. Taking her time and getting it right is important. The thing about Delta going to the US after The Voice and getting the first single going by going to radio stations very intensely over perhaps 3 weeks will do wonders for her aswell as a hopeful TV performance as it will rise and rise and rise on radio as she goes to Australia and it gives her a great platform to start from for when she goes back perhaps 6 weeks after and its in the Top 40 on Hot AC radio. Then she can go absolutely mental doing all the promotion she possibly can in September and making Sitting On Top Of The World huge and then releasing the album early November in the US. Then she can go to UK in 2013 and knock em dead there.

Im talking shit but i gotta stop

Posted Image

OFFLINE   mariiaaa93

mariiaaa93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I really adore and love Adam :) he's just so amazing, and his voice... :wub:
ANYWAAAY,

My predictions for next week:
Team Keith - Darren and Diana
Team Joel - Sarah and Ben

I really liked Prinnie's performance too, but to me she's a karaoke singer, not an original artist.

OFFLINE   Elissa

Elissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Omg I have not been on here in forever.
But I'm soooo excited! I'm 99% sure I'll be going to The Voice finale!!! :D :D :D :D :D My mum won a competition. I started crying when she told me. Omg. I don't know if I'll get to meet D but omg I hope I do!! Eeeeeep!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
@elissaloo.

DGOF name was LissaLoo.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just before I grab a cup of tea and a biscuit to read Brad's post, here's the iTunes action:

#8. Darren Percival // I Believe
#13. Sarah De Bono // How Will I Know
#21. Ben Hazlewood // I'm With You
#26. Diana Rouvas // I Can't Make You Love Me
#28. Adam Martin // Romeo & Juliet
*BIG GAP*
#60. Brittany Cairns // Straight Lines
#68. Lakyn Heperi // Friday I'm In Love

Prinnie isn't in the top 100.

OFFLINE   mariiaaa93

mariiaaa93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
You should be her pr/advertising/whatever manager, Brad.

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,521 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Just before I grab a cup of tea and a biscuit to read Brad's post, here's the iTunes action:

#8. Darren Percival // I Believe
#13. Sarah De Bono // How Will I Know
#21. Ben Hazlewood // I'm With You
#26. Diana Rouvas // I Can't Make You Love Me
#28. Adam Martin // Romeo & Juliet
*BIG GAP*
#60. Brittany Cairns // Straight Lines
#68. Lakyn Heperi // Friday I'm In Love

Prinnie isn't in the top 100.

please dont read my post, i was just talking shit. i got a job interview tomorrow morning i have to concentrate on, hence the shitty post.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I was strangely disappointed when I realised it was more about Delta than The Voice lol.

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Wow Brittany and Lakyn have flopped so quickly... not a fan of Prinnie at all.

Brad very interesting post! Although I'm not so sure how SOTOTW would fare in UK and US... not sure if it's the right debut single for her in the states

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users