Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I hope Rachael and Viktoria continue to the next round. Rachael with the public votes, and Viktoria as Delta's choice. I like Glenn and all, but I wouldn't buy his music, or do I think he will be that successful.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,698 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
There are two new competitions being held this week to win tickets to see the grand final on June 18.
1. Woman's Day: more details in this week's mag, but basically you have to email your name, address, postcode and answer a question in 25 words.
2. ACP magazines: this competition is only held at Woolworths supermarkets across Australia (including Safeway stores in Victoria). You have to buy one copy each of the participating magazines (including Woman's Day, OK, TV Week and Grazia) to enter. Details at the magazines section of each supermarket.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
http://www.novafm.co...-viktoria-voice

Viktoria says she chose Smells Like Teen Spirit first, she revealed it to the producers and then Delta said she wanted to give her the same song.

That makes me feel much better about Delta's coaching.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Emma needs to win.
Thats my oppinion, she just stole my heart with her magic voice.

All the best to Delta, and Rachel will do fine and probably get a contract anyway.
but yeah Emma > The Voice, Emma > Life, Emma > All wannabe singers including myself.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Emma needs to win.
Thats my oppinion, she just stole my heart with her magic voice.

All the best to Delta, and Rachel will do fine and probably get a contract anyway.
but yeah Emma > The Voice, Emma > Life, Emma > All wannabe singers including myself.

Emma has a really, really good voice, but she bores me :)

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Seal has given Emma songs she can't do anything with. When anyone sings The Look of Love or I Never Loved A Man they've basically got to imitate Dusty or Aretha unless they rebuild the songs from the ground up, which they haven't done. Emma's great and has done well but in giving her those songs her personality hasn't been allowed to show. If you check out her youtube page you can see her sense of humour and brilliant personality which has been shown on The Voice in interviews and behind the scenes footage but not in her performances.

And what's with Seal and Joel's 'don't mess wid SLTS' dirty looks? Even when Kurt was stll with us there was a dance version. a Tori Amos ballad version and a Weird Al version. No way it's a sacred song that can't be messed with. Vote for Viktoria (after you vote for Emma Louise)

Edited by time-ticks, 30 May 2012 - 09:34 AM.

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

How amazing did Delta look and sing tonight? I loved that rendition of BTT.

it was good, but I still don't think Delta hit that high note at the end of it
Feel free to disagree, but that's my opinion.

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hope the final 4 are - Brittany (Keith) / Danni (Delta) / Emma (Seal) / Sarah (Joel) ....that's my opinion.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I highly doubt Danni will even make the Top 8.
As I said before I dont understand how they go from 'Semi Final' Top 8 on June 11 to 'Grand Final Winner Announcement' June 18.

The only conclusion I can come to is that its actually the Grand Final and not a Semi as Darren said on Monday.

Joel: I think Sarah just had a really good song choice with 'Listen' and Lakyn will be Joel's best shot.
Keith: Will be interesting to see competition between Brittany and Darren on Team Keith - they are both amazing.
Seal: Karise is a stand out. Anything she puts her voice to is golden. I love Emma too. I feel Fatai was lucky to have a very fitting song choice, shes great too, but Karise is my #1 on Team Seal.
Delta: I love Viktoria. I think she is so capable of great things. I'm still yet to see Rachael's potential, Delta's played it very safe with her. Whilst I dont think she should be doing anything shes not comfortable with, I'd like to see more from her. Perhaps an original, perhaps just a song that showcases her storytelling? I dont know. I'm finding her performances a little jaded. I dont want Glenn to win, as much as we know he is talented, and I thought Danni was amazing with 'Alone' but the 'When Love Takes Over' song choice will not put her through to the next round. I reallly hope Delta doesnt favour Glenn - Viktoria is a winner for me.

BTW I'm finding the coaches song choices in general to be either Beyonce or David Guetta. Its silly, there are other artists out there.

DAVID GUETTA
Chris Sebastion - Without You (Team Seal)
Prinnie Stevens - Turn Me On (Team Joel)
Danni Da Ros - When Love Takes Over (Team Delta)

BEYONCE
Sarah Debono - Listen (Team Joel)
Diana Rouvas - Love On Top (Team Keith)
Fatai V - Ave Maria (Team Seal)

Just need Keith to pick a David Guetta song on Monday and then Delta to pick a Beyonce song the week after and we've got a full set of each!

Ridiculous...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oops I take that back. Karise for team Seal haha. I don't think Rachael's voice is that great as the shows gone on. Glenn is good but don't really see him being a solo artist. Viktoria I haven't really liked from the start. Danni may not be the best out of the competition but I think her voice is the best on Team Delta.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Going solely by iTunes, I think Karise is going to win. In saying that I don't want her too. :P

Brad; I have a feeling there may be 1 more show slotted in somewhere (maybe on a Sunday or Tuesday) as it's been reported many times the winner is announced on June 18.

@knowlesey9

Posted Image

10 | 08 | 2012

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
haha, Brad well it wouldn't surprise me if someone sang 'Titanium' and let's not forget Chris already sang 'Halo' too!

I'd love to see this finale:

Team Delta - Viktoria
Team Seal - Emma
Team Keith - Brittany
Team Joel - Sarah or Ben (can't decide!)

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Forgot about earlier stages!

BEYONCE
Chris Sebastian - Halo
Diana Rouvas - Work It Out
Prinnie Stevens - Sweet Dreams

Six Beyonce songs!

And quite a few Katy Perry as well. Very ridiculous...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I am ridiculously attracted to Ben. And that Kiwi accent too..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Apparently the Winners Single will be released Friday June 22. This is silly - it is a dramatic increase to download winners single straight away after the announcement and to make people wait four days is going to eliminate the initial impact. Of course if the song is that great then it'll still go #1 (with a strong first full week of downloads) but i cant help but feel that it just doesnt make sense.

Perhaps the grand final results will be done on Thursday June 21. Cause how do you go from Semi Finals to Grand Final Winner like that?

By releasing single on June 22, that eliminates my prior belief that Delta should release her single then.

I'm actually very confused how Delta will release second single. It could be polarising for her career long term to use the Voice for her own personal gain. Seal can, Joel can and Keith can but because people are so negative towards Delta, she cant win. She can release at the same time but God help her if she releases her single on Grand Final Night. The song might go towards top the charts but in long term people will continue to view her negatively and it'll impact her album sales.

I wonder what 60 minutes interview will do for Delta. I'm hoping peoples opinions will change on her, as they already are starting to, by watching The Voice.

I feel the second single needs to be free from negativity and just be solely about the song.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta needs to drop her second single on June 15th, or wait until late July, but her promo potential drops dramatically then.

The thing is, none of the other judges have any new material to promote, nor any on the immediate horizon that I am aware of.

Edited by JimJim, 31 May 2012 - 12:29 PM.

OFFLINE   dave

dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I am ridiculously attracted to Ben. And that Kiwi accent too..

I hear ya!

Posted Image

Dave / 20 / Sydney / Graphic Design Student

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

How amazing did Delta look and sing tonight? I loved that rendition of BTT.

it was good, but I still don't think Delta hit that high note at the end of it
Feel free to disagree, but that's my opinion.

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

I think she did. she just didn't look cute doing it! :lol: That song is 10 years old and Delta had a young girl voice at the time. Today her voice is much richer and fuller in tone. It has more layers. The high notes are gonna have to be a little lower. Xtina, Celine and Mariah can barely hit the high notes they did 10 years ago. But it doesn't mean they can't sing.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Delta needs to drop her second single on June 15th, or wait until late July, but her promo potential drops dramatically then.

The thing is, none of the other judges have any new material to promote, nor any on the immediate horizon that I am aware of.

See that makes sense and she can perform on grand final June 18 which should have massive ratings - but in the long run I question if that is good for her career. Will people hate her for it?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The best way to get around it is if all the judges perform a solo song each, that way she can get the promo, but not seem selfish simultaneously.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users