Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I wonder whats going on next week. Darren doesnt even know (http://channelnine.n...fd-c3e33257f933)

I'm guessing promos will reveal soon? I dunno.

They did say that the coaches will be singing with their contestants so I'm guessing Team Delta + Team Seal will sing as well as their Top 4 plus the eliminations of Team Joel + Keith.

They struggled to have the 11 performances (not 12) as well as the elimination so I'm guessing the 8 contestant performances plus the 2 team performances + elimination is all that will happen next week. I highly doubt the Top 16 will sing next week, considering Keith + Joel dont really have the time to mentor all 6 when only 4 will go through (and time would just not permit it either).

MY ASSUMPTION
May 28 - Team Delta + Seal's Top 4
June 4 - Team Keith + Joel's Top 4
June 11 - The Top 4 sing or The Top 8 sing?
June 18 - Winner Announced

I really get the idea that they will do a Top 8 instead of a Top 4. Which makes sense cause the talent really is that high - its just a bit weird. Usually when it comes down to picking a winner of a show - there is two, or three - or in the case of The Voice WORLDWIDE - its 4 and not 8 but it really seems that The Voice will give us eight choices of a winner. Which is really cool - I think I finally get it. Here I was thinking it was gonna be 4.

My predicted Top 16
Team Delta - Rachael, Viktoria, Glenn, Danni (CONFIRMED)
Team Seal - Karise, Emma-Louse, Chris, Fatai (CONFIRMED)
Team Joel - Sarah, Lakyn, Ben. Prinnie or Laura? I think he should go with Prinnie, they both did poorly last night. Laura is voting better
Team Keith - Brittany, Darren, Diana, Adam

Predicted Top 8
D - Rachael.
Then for other 3, depends how Delta mentors them. She better not favour Glenn cause Viktoria + Danni are incredible.

S - Karise, Emma.
I dont think Chris or Fatai are good

J - Lakyn.
Either Sarah/Ben. Depends on Top 16 performance. Prinnie and Laura were quite weak last night

K - Brittany and Darren.
Diana was very impressive last night but I think it was more of a fluke.

I wonder how they would announce the winner of the Top 8. Would they announce who the winner of each team was? What if its so close between the one team, that kinda seems unfair if they were really runner up but are instead viewed as 5th. Interesting

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I still think there'll be a Top 4 on June 11 as going from 8 people to a winner seems odd. I'm guessing the person with the highest amount of votes will go through from each team of 4 then the winner is announced on June 18. Unless Channel 9 are planning more episodes but I doubt it.

@knowlesey9

Posted Image

10 | 08 | 2012

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Brittany Cairns version of “Different Worlds” hit #1 on the Australian iTunes charts and propelled Jes Hudak’s original version to #8, according to TV website Throng. The track originally entered the ARIA charts when public demand was sparked by its use in Channel Nine’s promos for The Voice. Production music is not usually made available for sale to the public but the interest prompted Big Bang & Fuzz to make the track available for download through iTunes. They are glad they did because “Different Worlds”, upon first release, debuted as the highest new entry on the ARIA charts.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ Johnson, talk normally. But cool :)

Michael: Dont you think thats too massive of a jump to go from Top 16 to Top 4? I totally get the idea of having a Top 8 Grand Final - makes them all feel like winners and showcases the high degree of talent on the show.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Not sure how accurate this is, but from Wikipedia:

"Each team of singers is mentored and developed by its respective coach. In the second stage, called the battle phase, coaches have two of their team members battle against each other directly by singing the same song together, with the coach choosing which team member to advance from each of four individual "battles" into the first live round. Within that first live round, the surviving four acts from each team again compete head-to-head, with public votes determining one of four acts from each team that will advance to the final eight, while the coach chooses which of the remaining three acts comprises the other performer remaining on the team.
In the final phase, the remaining contestants (Final 8) compete against each other in live broadcasts. The television audience and the coaches have equal say 50/50 in deciding who moves on to the final 4 phase. With one team member remaining for each coach, the (final 4) contestants compete against each other in the finale with the outcome decided solely by public vote."

*From what I gather on June 11, the Final 8 will sing and by the end of the episode there'll be a Final 4 as the voting happens live? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I read it.

Edited by Michael, 22 May 2012 - 11:24 PM.

@knowlesey9

Posted Image

10 | 08 | 2012

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I read it as the following episode will reveal the 4 and time would not permit that unless the top 16 sing next week which is ridiculous.

Perhaps the finale is June 25 and not June 18 as been publicised??

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Michael

Michael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
That would make alot more sense, but the CD releases are all planned; http://auspop.blogsp...eases-ahoy.html

On the back of the live Grand Final on Monday June 18, a three track physical winner's CD single will hit the shops just three days later - on Thursday June 21. And in the tradition of Idol, the winner will also release a 'My Journey' album - a collection of the tracks they've performed during their time on the show. 'My Journey' is due in the shops on Tuesday June 26.

Seems like they're wrapping up the show too quickly, could've easily finished in July.

Edited by Michael, 22 May 2012 - 11:36 PM.

@knowlesey9

Posted Image

10 | 08 | 2012

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
How can they release an album featuring songs they have sung? There will be no where near enough for that.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I got a feeling Rachael will be the last singer with Delta....

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
You guys are forgetting they could always just have two shows in the one week, Monday & Tuesday... however, I also don't see why Nine would end it as soon as originally planned, surely they would want to drag it out as long as possible.

My predictions for top 8...

Delta - Rachael & Viktoria

Joel - Sarah & Ben (but Lakyn would probably get there unjustly)

Seal - Karise & Emma-Louise

Keith - Brittany & Darren

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

^ Johnson, talk normally. But cool :)

Oh sorry, I was just quoting from Throng :P

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Songs for Monday
1. Paul Young - Whenever I Lay My Hat
2. Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
3. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
4. Jes Hudak - Different Worlds
5. Black Keys - Lonely Boy
6. Jason Derulo - Fight For You
7. Ed Sheeran - Lego House
8. Beyonce - Listen
9. Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
10. Youth Group - Forever Young
11. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know

Team Keith: Brittany, Darren, Adam, Diana, Taga, Jimmy
Team Joel: Ben, Lakyn, Laura, Prinnie, Sarah Carmen

Seems Keith initially chose Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me for Diana. So glad they went with 'Love On Top'.
Knock out performance

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

DMG Radio has partnered with Nine’s hit show The Voice, giving the high-rating song contest a radio show on Nova.
The show is a temporary cross promotion, going out on Tuesday evenings from 6-7pm. The Voice Radio Show will run until Tuesday 19 June, the night after the finale of the TV series on Monday June 18.
The Voice’s host Darren McMullen will present the show that will include interviews with the competitors and replay the live performances from the night before.
Paul Jackson, group program director of DMG Radio Australia said: “We are really excited to be offering Nova listeners exclusive access to the biggest TV show of the year and welcome Darren onto the Nova network as host of The Voice Radio Show.”
Adrian Swift, Channel Nine’s director of development said: “It will be exciting to share this behind the scenes experience with the Nova listeners on the exclusive The Voice Radio Show with Darren McMullen.”
Darren McMullen said: “I can’t wait to give the fans their own voice on Nova. It’s also going to be a fantastic opportunity for everyone to get to know the amazing characters we have on The Voice. My mum always said I have a face for radio. She’ll be chuffed.”
Earlier this morning, DMG announced The Voice judge and mentor Seal would present a four week show on its easy listening station, Smoothfm.

http://mumbrella.com...e-on-nova-93780

The radio show can be heard on Nova 96.9FM in Sydney, Nova 106.9FM in Melbourne and Nova 100.3FM in Melbourne from 6-7pm AEST (0800-0900 GMT) on Tuesdays. It will also be broadcast on Nova 91.9FM in Adelaide and Nova 93.7FM in Perth at 6-7pm local time. At this stage it is not confirmed if the show will be streamed on the Nova website, but if so it is good news for overseas fans because they can hear the performances without having to download the entire episode from the internet.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I dont know what to think of the song choices for Mondays show. To be honest, they are not that good.

They lack a display of vocal exertion and in nature some are not meant to be toyed with (just as Sweet Child O' Mine shouldnt have last week)

1. Ne-Yo - Closer
2. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
3. Ella Fitzgerald - Someone To Watch Over Me
4. Beyonce - Ave Maria
5. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
6. Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
7. Seal - I Cant Stand The Rain (originally by Ann Peebles)
8. Burt Bacharach - The Look of Love (also done by Dusty Springfield)

On first look I assumed Fleetwood Mac has to be Delta's and Seal has to be Seal but when it came down to predicting, that wasnt the case. We'll see..

No one in Team Seal or Delta is a 'rock singer' so I feel like they are going to be doing a controversial take on Nirvana which is probably not gonna work. Actually any performance of this song is not gonna work, you just dont touch this song. Interested to see what will happen.

Team Seal - Karise, Emma-Louise, Chris, Fatai
Team Delta - Glenn, Viktoria, Rachael, Danni

MY PREDICTIONS
1. Closer - Glenn
2. Nirvana - Chris
3. Ella Fitzgerald - Viktoria
4. Ave Maria - Rachael
5. Kelly Rowland - Fatai
6. Fleetwood Mac - Karise
7. Seal - Danni
8. Look of Love - Emma-Louise

Tbh I dont even know if I'll get one of those right, which is good. It shouldnt be so damn predictable :P

It seems Deltas Team is singing Des'ree - You Gotta Be whilst Team Seal is singing Alicia Keys - If I Aint Got You. *not sure*

Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is likely to be dire.

'Landslide' has potential for greatness.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,519 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I can see Viktoria singing Landslide and it being the highlight of the night. I can see Karise singing I Cant Stand The Rain.
But I also stand by Viktoria doing Ella Fitzgerald cause she really killed it with the Nancy Sinatra classic and her poise from another era was mesmerizing that this could also do really well.

I wonder who the silly billy is to choose Nirvana - Delta or Seal.

I'm going off The Voice videos where they hint at the songs. Glenns doing something 'groovy' so I assume that Ne-Yo Closer, Rachael is doing a song that 'everyone will love' which she says reminds her of her blind auditions so I get the idea its something heavenly like Ave Maria which I could also see Fatai singing seeing as shes from that gospel background.

Chris has sung Firework and Halo, theres no stopping him from singing Kelly Rowland too but that is vocally challenging which is why I think maybe Danni will get that song but its really really hard to predict. Bottom Line, I'm just excited. Bring on Monday Night! Go Team Delta!

I know Karise went #1 on iTunes but I feel that was because of her talent and not Seal's mentoring whereas you can tell that Danni connected with lyrics cause of Delta's mentoring, that Viktoria improved a shitload with a great song choice, that Glenn shun by Delta knowing him personally as an artist with his capabilities.

Like I feel Delta is very committed to her role and its gonna show...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
don't envy the person singing I can't stand the rain infront of Seal.

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I dont know what to think of the song choices for Mondays show. To be honest, they are not that good.

They lack a display of vocal exertion and in nature some are not meant to be toyed with (just as Sweet Child O' Mine shouldnt have last week)

1. Ne-Yo - Closer
2. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
3. Ella Fitzgerald - Someone To Watch Over Me
4. Beyonce - Ave Maria
5. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
6. Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
7. Seal - I Cant Stand The Rain (originally by Ann Peebles)
8. Burt Bacharach - The Look of Love (also done by Dusty Springfield)

Here's Emma Louise singing Someone To Watch Over Me

Edited by time-ticks, 27 May 2012 - 12:22 AM.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
New scans:

Posted ImagePosted Image
http://i242.photobuc.../ok040612p1.jpg
http://i242.photobuc.../ok040612p2.jpg

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I wonder what song Delta will be singing with her team... :P

Any guesses?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users