Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice Australia (Season 1) - General Discussion Thread

The Voice The Voice Blind Auditions

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Laura (from Holland)

Laura (from Holland)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
So is the Voice on again tomorrow or only on Monday?

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
only on mondays from now on

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The last of the Battle Rounds airs tomorrow night.
This will be followed by live shows with Delta and Seal's six contestants to face public votes via SMS, alongside Facebook page impressions and iTunes downloads.
The first two contestants voted off will take place on Monday, May 21, and there will be five live shows prior to the finale in which four contestants will sing to win the title of The Voice.
Tickets to the first two live shows are already sold out. Further ticket allocations will be detailed during future shows and will be made available via the show's website.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Laura (from Holland)

Laura (from Holland)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks Brad :) The Channel 9 website says it was on yesterday aswell. I guess that was a rerun then?

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yup :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I got vip tickets to the live show on June 4 - a day after my 21st birthday - i'm so excited :D xx

Posted Image

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Delta got the cover and two pages in this week's Woman's Day.

Two pages on Emma Louise Birdsall too :D

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,548 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Herald Sun says today that Justin Bieber could perform on one of the live shows, but nothing has been confirmed.

ONLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Brad which contestant were you saying was the standout of today's battle rounds? Guessing you're talking about Sarah or Brittany, not sure who else? :D

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,548 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
For the benefit of overseas fans, here are the match-ups from tonight's final battle round (winner in RED):

Carmen Smith vs Michelle Surret-Cursio (Team Joel)
Sam Ludeman vs Kieran Fraser (Team Seal)
Brittany Cairns vs Kelsie Rimmer (Team Keith)
Jerson Trinidad vs Matt Hetherington (Team Delta)
Sarah de Bono vs Yianna Stavrou (Team Joel)
Brett Clarke vs Darren Percival (Team Keith)
Ben Bennett vs Jesse & Ashleigh (Team Delta)
Emma Louise Birdsall vs Casey Withoos (Team Seal)

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
andy I was talking about the 'We Found Love' battle which surprisingly was a million times better in person.
Interestingly 'At Last' was my favourite on TV but not so much live. Crazy how different it can be when you are lying down on couch at home versus in the moment in person :)

Thats why I love concert DVDs! You relive it in a very different way

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Brittany and Kelsie gave me a musical orgasm LOL! So haunting and beautiful. Definitely need the mp3 of that. Amazing! Didn't like Delta's contestants tonight. Seal is pissing me off now. Delta does the stuff he does and gets ridiculed. Anyway I need to let it go. Happy with how Delta came across tonight :) Can't wait for the live performances.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The other judges wait for Delta's opinion then pick the other singer. Brilliant strategy. :P

ONLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I thought We Found Love wasn't that great, but I have to say Carmen is really growing on me. Kelsie and Brittany were just amazing.. Ben vs Jesse/Ashley was pretty bad I thought. Ben is good but the duo was just bad...

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Agree with what you say Brad, I remember when I was in the studio the performance "shower the people you know with love" was really awesome, came across a little different on TV, but still good :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
i know some overseas fans have had trouble with links in The Voice AU,performances I found this little piece by a guy called Ian on Melanie Dyer's My Space. http://www.msplinks....nZwjOSyxB-rVF3A

Just a quick opinion on last nights battle Carmen was great as expected, Brittany has a nice voice but I think she is overated and prefered Kelsie, Sarah and Yianna was a great battle, which surprised me a bit as I didn't think Yianna would have sung as well as she did judging by her blind audition, a close call that one Emma Louise was a good call over Casey, she [Emma Louise] really stepped up and gave the battle a good go.

Only big surprise Delta made her own decissions, although they were a reasonably easy call, so should have been Rachael without going to Darren for confirmation, tahts my opinion anyway

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Anyone watch this on Today Tonight last night?
http://au.news.yahoo...nside-the-voice

Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ That was sad to watch. I wonder what really happened, what the truth is.

I feel like Peta was told to say that Darren Hayes did more for her than Delta - like Today Tonight asked the question more than once to get that exact reaction.

I'm not saying Peta is wrong - Delta did say that she doesnt think Peta could take direction because she is set in her ways. Peta complained that Delta didnt know her well enough to make that judgement but that is something anyone can take from a few minutes talking to someone. If Peta doesnt allow Delta to help her - as it may be the case - e.g. if Peta doesnt try something Delta wants her to try or if she disagrees with her initially then it could become quite intimidating whereas if Viktoria comes up to Delta asking for help then naturally she will help her - thats not favouritism, thats just the way the world works. But I dont know what actually happened - Delta could be favouring Viktoria over Peta and thats what happened.

"When the cameras were off she said she only got 5 minutes of coaching". I've been told that the coaches are working 18 hour days and if you think about it, that sounds like a lot of filming going on. I wonder what Viktoria's response is to that about how much 'off the camera' coaching she got. Thats something you've got to realise when you watch the uncredible Today Tonight (or A Current Affair for that matter). I hate those shows cause they are always one-sided.

Either way, this is another piece of bad press towards Delta and she is getting a lot of it from everywhere.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Also lets not forget that she could have been paid to lie. Or maybe shes the type of person to make a name of herself by getting herself in negative situations like that - we dont know too much about her. It doesnt seem like she has a great attitude - its not something a credible person would do to get famous off bagging a TV show or a Coach who chose you in the first place. She says she was grateful but you're really not if you want to blame someone for not getting in. To me it seems like Viktoria was the better one and thats not cause Delta 'liked her more' - that was my judgement...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Here we go again. Delta, the poor coach. I'm guessing if Peta had made it through, she would have been gushing praise for Delta and how amazing a coach she was; it figures. Then again, it could have just been the show trying to get the information out of her and presenting a one sided argument, as Brad mentioned. Who really knows.

Also, I was listening to the Kyle and Jackie O show a few weeks ago and they were discussing how The Voice isn't what it's played out to be on television. An audience member who was at the blind auditions called in and said that the other coaches were told not to turn around for some costenstants, so they would be forced to choose Delta, allowing her to finally get people on her team; apparently, Joel accidentally turned for one contstant, when he wasn't suposed to, making Delta miss out. I'm not sure if this is accurate information or not, but either way, it makes Delta look bad again.

Also, Kyle was very quick to defend himself by stating that his curiosity as to how the show really worked had nothing to do with the fact that AGT was coincidentally on at the same time and that The Voice was achieving massive ratings. He also said that he loved Delta. Interesting...

Edited by dj030892, 08 May 2012 - 07:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, The Voice, Blind Auditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users