Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Video] The Voice Australia: Meet the Coaches

The Voice

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Haha so true. Ugh the thing is they did promote the shit out of failed show Excess Baggage, to the point where its still on billboards even though its axed, but thats not enough. Would be smart to screen it 3 weeks before AGT

ooh I didn't know Excess Baggage got axed!

Posted Image

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,785 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yup, shifted to Go! :(

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,965 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
In hindsight, Ten should have paid more money to secure the rights to The Voice. Then it would have been able to show it in August, avoiding AGT altogether.

OFFLINE   hannahbanana

hannahbanana

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 331 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
when you think about it, it kind of has to be screened pretty early in the year because it's on channel 9 who also have the Olympics, and once that's on it pretty much dominates the tv

tumblr_moinsqJriw1qmvrqxo1_1280.jpg

Hannah II 21 II South Australia II DELTA ♥ II a Child of The Universe

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,785 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I dont think August and competing with the X Factor would be a good idea.

I think Seven are smart enough to just watch what Nine do. Just watch. Cause the time it takes to promote the shit out of The Voice, Seven can make decisions. They can rush the production of the first epsiode and air same night as Voice, giving them no 'head start'. Or they could screen a 'Best Of' episode, or they could screen the week before, pretty much killing any chance Nine had. They really have screwed themselves by going head to head with AGT. Fkn idiots.

I think The Voice's only redemption is that it'll have a sufficient audience to not get axed and the loyal following will make it possible for a second season to occur and do better next year. Thats the only possible redemption I can see.

OR! They could screen the audition episodes in high rotation! Meaning that the excitement of the 'blind auditions' will attract high number of viewers in the times when AGT is not on. Eg last year, AGT screened auditions for 4 weeks over tuesday and wednesday, whereas the voice could screen blind auditions monday tuesday wednesday for 2/3 weeks, giving that slight competitive advantage with sneak peeks being screened as ads all the fucking time.

If Nine are smart they can do big things with The Voice. I'm assuming Nine will consider it a success if it cuts AGT to under 1 million views an episode, as opposed to actually beating AGT. To the general public, they will see it as 'AGT beats Voice' or Brian winning over Delta, but it is still a minor win for Nine if they can bring down a show that has been unstoppable in past 2 years.

Plus there are rumours Kyle cant keep up with AGT auditions, and the hate for him has intensified through the late 2011 controversy. Perhaps The Voice can bring down AGT - time will tell. But i doubt it, AGT is a great show and I think its too risky to compete with it

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Thanks for posting! :)

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,785 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I just realised Nine are all about the 7pm timeslot. Theyve realised that if they excel at 7, it should follow through to the 7.30 timeslot when AGT would start (considering Seven would not be top stupid to piss off their most loyal loved Home and Away viewers).

THAT is the competitive advantage The Voice needs. A half hour head start which should be extremely exciting - and hey, whats more exciting than Blind Auditions? Its a process even haters of reality TV shows appreciate. I think The Voice is marketed to an older crowd who like that they are getting judged on their voice and not their looks whereas the rest of market like it too because of the entertainment - the familiar songs, the competitiveness of the judges and the talent unvieled.

I am excited for The Voice again to air. After watching US version it seems to be such a potential hit and im so excited to go on sunday

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users