Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has anyone ever had any near death experiences?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Please share! I'll share mine if people comment :)

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Walked in front of a car walking to school in 08 or something. I was simply jamming to Aly and AJ and bam car right next to me SCREAMING FEELINGS INSIDE...
What I learnt, pay attention to your surroundings and don't have music loud while walking across the road...also RUNNNNNNNNNNN!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
You're the first that has ever commented on any threads I have made on this topic on other forums! I have begun to think it is quite a rare occurence. My mum has had more experiences that have.

When I was at High School students always ran across the busy roads and nearly killed themselves. (this happens at other Schools too and not too just High School or immature boys, girls did it even more than the guys at my old first high school!)

Well, I think I'd always been sensible and cautious and waited on this quite busy road when everyone ran across. The road has been known for Many accidents and even a death recently. My mum even had a 3 (or more) car accident there in the 80's! It's right across the road from another school which also increases the risk of accidents. It's not a long road, but because it's a bit of a blind corner in parts with a bend and people speed down it for some reason, it's quite bad. Actually, the road is very short. Broken up with roundabouts too!!!
Well, one day after school I was trying to cross the busy road and was waiting in the middle of the road on the median strip thing. To my left a young guy was about to turn and I was watching him. He was 100% focused on his left side. He came my way and finally decided to look when he was about 1mm from my foot!! For some reason I was not scared at all! But I couldve easily been killed at the speed he was going!

I've also been in one car accident and also a time were we had to drive in a ditch from an insane laughing driver coming our way on the wrong side of the road!!!

Another time when I was little 2 guys came to out door with guns and mum said she saw them following us once. We couldve easily been shot at the door if we opened it that night!

A girl at my first High school once held a knife in cooking clace towards me and said she wanted to kill me with a evil look in her eyes. Which scared the hell outta me.

edit: One time Mum had a problem with her old car. The day we got it fixed we were told it could've exploded and killed us that very day or very soon! Mum, I was so shocked by that! We don't have this car anymore. We sold it because it had so much problems. We were always getting it fixed! We sold it in 2009 and we had it since my birth I think so it was long past its used date! We had quite a few problems with it breaking down before driving me to school causing me to be late and also stopping on main roads and we couldn't get it started. Glad we got rid of that old bomb! I miss that car sometimes as It was mum's 'signature car' lol. It's hard to believe but I still remember the whole licence! LOL!

Edited by DeltaFan, 25 January 2012 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   hannahbanana

hannahbanana

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 331 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
not me, but my brother! he fell asleep at the wheel of his car and was very lucky! He'd been working a lot that week so was very exhausted! He woke up when he started hitting the reflector posts on the side of the road! it was on a turning lane to get off a highway/overpass and he could have easily gone into oncoming traffic, or drove off the bridge, or smashed into the barrier separating the two sides of the road or hit a tree! So thankful that he woke up and could steer it into the dirt, and his car had minimal damage! Just goes to show that nodding off at the wrong second for only a millisecond at the wheel is pretty scary and dangerous! Hope he learnt from it!

tumblr_moinsqJriw1qmvrqxo1_1280.jpg

Hannah II 20 II South Australia II DELTA ♥ II a Child of The Universe

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

not me, but my brother! he fell asleep at the wheel of his car and was very lucky! He'd been working a lot that week so was very exhausted! He woke up when he started hitting the reflector posts on the side of the road! it was on a turning lane to get off a highway/overpass and he could have easily gone into oncoming traffic, or drove off the bridge, or smashed into the barrier separating the two sides of the road or hit a tree! So thankful that he woke up and could steer it into the dirt, and his car had minimal damage! Just goes to show that nodding off at the wrong second for only a millisecond at the wheel is pretty scary and dangerous! Hope he learnt from it!

YIKES! Thank God he is ok! I think I knew someone who had that happen with those bump things on the side and middle of the road. They make weird noises when you drive over them which woke the person up. They said that's what the bumps are for, but they are not always on the side of the road which I don't understand if that is true

This wasn't really a NDE but along the same stretch of road that person drove towards us, one time there was some obviously stoned people in front of us. The passenger kept jumping up and down in the seat non-stop and they were zig-zagging all over the road! Even across the train track when you cross it and acting weird. That scared us. I think someone drove towards us again on that same road by memory too. Really scary!

Edited by DeltaFan, 26 January 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
When I was in Japan over New years celebrations... they had a few earthquakes, was really scary.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 684 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Yes, while I was at work in 2008. I was testing a UPS (like a battery to keep your computer going when the main power go out) pluged it into the powerpoint and the next thing, get a little shock, the unit went poof and there was snoke everywhere. The safty switches didn't trigger at all. The rest is history.
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,302 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Two years ago when I was walking by the exercise bike with my bare feet, my right little toe got cut by the unpadded exercise bike stand and was bleeding profusely. I reacted quickly by pressuring the toe with my hands to stop it bleeding before washing the cut under cold water and wrapping it with bandages. It took a week for the cut to heal.

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Ooooouch Johnson!!

When I was about three I fell in a friends swimming pool by mistake, my dad happen to save me before it was too late but I think I'll always remember the horror feeling like I was stuck and about to die, couldn't do anything about it, really scary.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jessica's Jewels

Jessica's Jewels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
When I was 12 weeks old, I had bronchiolitis and was in hospital for about five days. On the way there, my sister had to keep breathing on my face,
because I wasn't breathing properly and was going blue.

When I was 6, I walked down stairs in my sleep. In 2009, I broke my leg and was bleeding from an artery.

Posted Image
Jessica 20 Victoria

OFFLINE   aussiechick007

aussiechick007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
when i was about 10 i was walking along the top of a really big waterfall in sandals and slipped a bit on a rock, and i could see myself falling :o
In six thousand years what will this mean, words from the heart or a melody?

OFFLINE   Pi (3.14159...)

Pi (3.14159...)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Last year I had one. I was verry ill, I had a "Abscess of lung with pneumonia" (Sorry, I do not know, what is that in english, I just loked up the ICD10-Code J85.1 instead of a translation from German).

I am a Teacher of Math and Science, and it seems I got this Illnes from one of my Pupils. Frist I thougt, it is a more harmeless flu, and I did not feel verry well when I came home from Scool on Thirsday evening. On Friday, I staied in bed, but it still did not seem to be dangerus. On Saturday I feeled verry bad, and we caled a docter. For it was Weekend, we could not call our usual doctor but only the weekend-duty-doctor, but she said, it is not to bad, harmeless flu.... On Sunday exactly the same.

Monday morning, I asked myself If I better go to school for some of my pupils had to do a test, but I did not.
My Back started to hurt, but I thougt that came from couhging a lot... On thursday It hurt so much I could no longer lie... it hurted so badly, but I still had no Idea about a pneumonia... but I went to see our doctor. She gave me some medicin against the hurt, ond took some blood for the laboratory... In the evening she called just the moment I wanted to ask her, if I can increase the dose of the Medicine, because it still hurts so badly - she sayed, I can, but I have to go to the hospital, because the Laboratory sayed, there is something not all right, someone should get the papers instantly from her... some hours later I was at the hospital and after a long time to wait and a short examination, they toled me I had a verry hard pneumonia and gave me O2 over a mask and drove me to the intensiv-station. There they talled me, it is that bad that they have to intubate me and for that, there is need of a anesthesia... but they will try it some more time without... I fall asleep... and when I woke up, it was 3 weeks later. My Mother tolled me that I allmoust died, that the whole family came to say ggodby because the doctors sayed, there was no hope... but somewhow I survived.

I am verry glad I survived! Since then I see Live no longer as a Duty, I see it as a verry worthy thing, something nice. Since that I am happy of every new day. On the other hand I have no longer fear from death. It is not that bad you think. And it makes no sense to live only because of fear of dead.

Life is nice!

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
When I was 15 I attempted suicide and ended up in hospital, I flat lined twice on the table but the doctors brought me back :)

So I technically died twice. That's pretty "near death".

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Two years ago when I was walking by the exercise bike with my bare feet, my right little toe got cut by the unpadded exercise bike stand and was bleeding profusely. I reacted quickly by pressuring the toe with my hands to stop it bleeding before washing the cut under cold water and wrapping it with bandages. It took a week for the cut to heal.

what? you cut your toe, how does that = almost dying?

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I had a papercut once. Needed a bandaid.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   OhHappyDays

OhHappyDays

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
my mum found me face down in a pool, twice, when I was around 3... I vaguely remember the incidences that's why I have a fear of swimming.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kait

Kait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I crashed my car on the freeway last year, if there wasn't a divider I would have fallen 20 feet. I didn't think there was a divider so I honestly thought I was dead. I remember all these things coming in my head, and I felt my body get light. Honestly, my thoughts were of my wife and how I didn't properly say goodbye.

Thankfully, I was just bumped and bruised but the car wasn't saved.

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
When I was 13, I had just come back from england, and when I got back to New York City, My friend and I were walking to haagan dazs and I looked on the wrong side of the road and almost got hit.

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 503 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I drank petrol when I was like 1 or 2, not enough to do anything though, but I spilt a lot on myself, so my parents freaked out and thought I drank a whole litre or something and took me to hospital. I was so classy.

Once my brother farted while he was sitting down, and I swear on my life the floor shook. I had never been so scared.

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   Future_JD

Future_JD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
What an interesting thread. I guess we should all be thankful everything worked out for the better. 2 years ago I had a adverse reaction to some medication and developed multiple blood clots in my leg that eventually went to my lungs. It happened around my last semester of undergrad so I didn't know and had clots for about 2 months. Luckily, I didn't have a stroke or heart attack during that time, but when I was diagnosed I was admitted in to the icu for 5 days. To put it in perspective if you watched Grey's anatomy this is what Denny died of but his was due to post surgery clot, and I had multiple clots in my legs and lungs. Well the dr said my lungs and legs were filled with them. It took 6 months for my body to get rid of them all. Anyway, all healthy and happy now, but it was a very intense time of my life.

I found the girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long.

I told her that I'd never leave...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users