Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Speculative Thread

Speculation Dreams I Wish Born To Try Sacrifice Fiction

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I think the whole dating and writing together business is so risky! I mean imagine all the songs that would have been scrapped after the break because of Brian's involvement (which is a shame). I think Delta mixes business and love way too much, well more than what is career-wise smart to do.

Yeah, its reasonable to do maybe a song together, but you know...an album.
That's just begging for trouble.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yeah but in saying that, I do really love her love songs.

I guess I could put up with one Nick and Delta song but please not a whole album! I wouldn't call myself a fan but I don't mind the Jonas Brothers but when I think of them I think of Disney and then I start imagining Delta as a Disney Girl and then it keeps going.. :unsure:

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Yeah but in saying that, I do really love her love songs.

I guess I could put up with one Nick and Delta song but please not a whole album! I wouldn't call myself a fan but I don't mind the Jonas Brothers but when I think of them I think of Disney and then I start imagining Delta as a Disney Girl and then it keeps going.. :unsure:

Dear God...NO! :lol:
Thank God she is too old to be one :lol:. Just picturing Delta as Hannah Montana :lol:
"You get the besssssst of Both Worldssss!" :lol:
" With a shake of her hair, she can go anywhereeee!" :lol:

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Dream:
We were looking forward right now to her 5th or 6th album.
She would do more gigs and tours!
A Christmas Album!
One of those Video Countdowns she use to do for the new album!
An Album that sounds like Innocent Eyes or Mistaken Identity that was deep.
A small preview of the new single!
More communication to her us her fans about her music and not her love life.
For her to dye her hair brown and not be like all the other blonde celebrities.
Her old innocent, sweet image back and not sexy Delta.
An Album where she re sings old songs!
Using her music to achieve her fame, not ads or yeah I'll stop.

Nightmare:
News that Delta doesn't want to be an artist anymore.
Anything to do with Nick e.g. Delta singing a song written by Nick or a duet with Nick.
More Sexy Delta.
Only sings for US and forgets Australia.
Gets married to Nick.
An album with the croaky, sexy voice.
Loses all singing technique.
Losing the Delta that we all loved.
Becomes a cheap image.
Becomes another Lady Gaga.

I'm sorry, but I just giggled like mad at this one. I'm imagining Delta in a meat dress or in that Kermit outfit :lol:

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
^^ hahahhah oh i know right that would be sooo funny

OFFLINE   Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Dear God...NO! :lol:
Thank God she is too old to be one :lol:. Just picturing Delta as Hannah Montana :lol:
"You get the besssssst of Both Worldssss!" :lol:
" With a shake of her hair, she can go anywhereeee!" :lol:

Hahaha, I actually pictured that and laughed so much!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,656 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Delta has an opportunity to release first single in February but i am not feeling the buzz. i have an awkward feeling she is going to release her first single when The Voice live shows start in Australia which is like July, not at all 'straight out of the gate'. Hmmm

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Losing interest! Not at all 'straight out of the gate'. It's been far too long.

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
July is that really when the live shows begin?!
Lord i hope it aint so!!!!
Theres no excuse for this... She is doin nothin meaningful with her time right now...
And latchin onto the voice totally for promo will smack of desperation... Why not roll up her sleeves and get stuck into promoting herself away from reality tv ...
if there aint a single by may ... Once again she lied and let us down. Straight out the gate ... Yeah rite delta!

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
All the signs do not point to single release in february! There is no news, no buzz, no hype, and no sign of management or delta herself starting off this new era.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ well thats true.. But imagine if a single were released in february... It would be really hard to see a success happenin.. Either she is waiting for the voice to gain publicity or she thinks she can drop a single and everyone in australia will just lap it up... I say its the former not the latter... She cant be that dumb ... But thats the hard part deep down we know we are waiting few more months at least... Oh well...

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,656 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I honestly dont know what she has been doing with her time post 2009 Tour. Sure we know all the things shes done on the way, and we have some sort of evidence that she has been writing pretty much every month but I'm not sure what is actually going on. I find it hard to believe that she's filmed the first single, or the cover art, or arranged the tracklist. I know she said in November that 'the album is done'. But what does that mean?

The Voice is expected to premiere after Easter, mid to late April. Considering Blind Auditions and Battle Stages will probably take 6 to 8 weeks, thats what i meant by Live Shows in July (or maybe late June).

No, Delta is perfectly capable of causing hype on her own. But I think she is naive to realising how absent she is to the Australian public. It may be a case of the latter, thinking she can release song and expect it to do well.

BUT! I do think it is possible to start buzz in February. Release the song to radio when shes in Australia (this week). Go to all the main radio stations and get the song to be #1 Most added, in true Delta style. Then after the song gets some hype, she can release song to iTunes complete with TODAY Interview, A Current Affair bombshell interview, Nine News promoting her, her song becoming the promotion song for a new TV show (e.g. daytime talkshow Mornings with Sonia Kruger and David Campbell). Channel 9 will have spent tons on Delta to be on The Voice - they will want people to be interested in Delta and the other coaches so I expect overt advertising of Delta in the leadup to the show.

I'm interested to see whatever way Delta releases first single. But if its done wrong, it probably will flop

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Delta has an opportunity to release first single in February but i am not feeling the buzz. i have an awkward feeling she is going to release her first single when The Voice live shows start in Australia which is like July, not at all 'straight out of the gate'. Hmmm

The awkward moment when "Straight out of the gate" means July and Auguest.

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^ Exactly :/

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
yeah i agree i dont reckon there will be any music untill the second half of 2012 between june and december i also twitted sanity and they said there is no news to report so my guess is that there will be a single when the live show starts

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yeah I just don't see anything happening in feb. I mean it would be great to get a single but if the process is going to be rushed or done half hearted and delta doesn't reestablish herself properly that would be worse than no single til June! I don't want her to just think she can release a single and people will just automatically buy it; she owes it to her fans after she has been away for so long, to properly put time into the release of the new single/new era to show she really cares and wants it!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The even more awkward moment when "Coming late 2010, soon, soon" turns into, "Delta Goodrem's much anticipated new album "Not Listening Cuz I Don't Care" comes out on 19/11/2013" and gets pushed back into 2014 by 3 months
I cannot with my own feelings towards her anymore, can fucking not, this woman used to give me so much LIFE and INSPIRATION and Survival skills and so much...muchness :unsure: :wacko: :angry: :mellow: <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<
A good six years after Delta 07

Edited by delbrit, 02 February 2012 - 10:48 PM.

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think you're going mad hahaha...trust me I feel the exactly the same way as you do but don't let the frustration turn you crazy LOL! I agree with what you say and you generally agree with what I say but for your own mental sanity focus on other things you love at the moment and hopefully it will ease your frustration. Not worth the energy sometimes...

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Not crazy, just rage and gut feelings, raging for even still wanting this album after all the amazing artists I've found, and fell in love with who do give me things, tour constantly and put their career ahead of their love lifes on occasion. some even are celebate just so that they can focus on their art...and gut feelings cuz all I can go on is how she acts and she ain't acting like she wants it at all...

but the real reason for that post was, of cause, pushing the joke as far as it can go, cuz that's what I do!

My rage is just a valid a feeling as any other, remember the rules of the thread!

Edited by delbrit, 02 February 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I kinda feel like im getting to the apathy/indifference stage with Delta... I USED to love her.. Noone came even close to how much i loved her music... The rich piano led melodies... The really thoughtful lyrics... And i felt her voice improved with each album... I just connected to her music in a way noone else could do it for me

But things have changed.. I have... She certainly has.. A part of me actually dreads getting her album and playing it... I remember how gutted i was with Delta 07.. And all this time has built my anticipation to unreasonable levels that she most likely cant fulfil... I HOPE it will be more grown up... More instrument based.. But its along time since Delta said she was stripping her sound back... God only knows where she is at now..

Ill always love her first two albums and a few Delta tracks.. But she doesnt connect with my everyday life anymore... She certainly aint my fave artist anymore... I love Nerina Pallot.. Shes everything i want from delta... Consistent.. Plays great piano.. Makes great pop\soft rock music.... She has grown as an artist .. She knocks out great tunes.. And sooo many eps and extra tracks she gives her fans...

I will buy deltas album... But its more out of curiosity sadly now :-(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speculation, Dreams, I Wish, Born To Try, Sacrifice, Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users