Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Speculative Thread

Speculation Dreams I Wish Born To Try Sacrifice Fiction

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Since basically now all we have is speculation and dreams.

This is the thread to say it all. Nightmares, jokes, horror stories, times you've felt let down over the last three years, whatever, spit it out!
Also you can make up dream-album tracklists and art work if you want...

The only rule is not to tell other people off for having bigger nightmares then you and for being negative and for having bigger dreams then you and being positive. This is the thread to let it allllllllllll out.

Dream:
Album came out late last year
Tour starting in February (Yes she does get a Christmas Break) this year, going on a few months, possibly world wide AND A FUCKING smaller American tour as an opening act.
Christmas album in late 2009.
Album creative and inspiring, intimate, right key, 16 tracks (TO MAKE IT WORTH MY WHILE) basically, Mistaken Identity pt 2.
Personal tweets and Facebook posts about musical experiments. Actual proof shes been working isntead of holidaying. I'm a pessimist I believe the worst unless I see proof over months or years of commitment to a cause.
Excitment about her own music. The last time she was excited about anything she did was in 07 and even then I'd say 04's excitement was so much MORE
Vince Pazzinga, Toby Gad, Gary Clark all over that record, Gary Barlow (+ his team) and Cathy Dennis to..IIf their music is good, which would probably be true because hey, they know what they're doing..and have proven to be good producers before..
Going all out on promotion. ALLLLLLLLLLL the fuck out.
Picks incredible songs which gives me the shivers and the tingles.
Stops following Nick from place to place and stands on her own two feet.
She works with Clif Magness and Greg Wells.
Some kind of Piano Interlude or solo on the album. Like IE LIVE BELIEVE AGAIN VERSION.

Nightmare:
Album comes out next year (Due to the whole IE thing)
Next album doesn't come to 2017.
Only tours for a month next era.
Forget's Europe.
Does bare minimum promotion, as she is still a newbie on her fourth album remember. She has to work hard even if she takes tremendous breaks...even harder if anything.
Album half assed and some what compliation like, also lacks intimacy or passion.
Forget's America.
Wrong key for performing
Bad singing technically and emotionally.
Not sounding like herself on this album.
Victim complex coming up again. Can't she just admit she's done some shitty things and use to make her more real to THE WORLD.
Continueing to ignore her Facebook!!!!
Continueing to tweet only those she deems worthy of her attention and no musical tweets at all.
Picks wrong songs if she does decide to do songs of other peoples works.
Picks wrong songs of her own and uses horrible producers who bring out the worst in her (Stuart Crichton is a grade C producer basically, DON"T USE HIMMMMMMMMMM, Delta was totally ruined because she let it be ruined trying to prove a point. See my point on the New Album threat about alternatives, including longer tracklist, intimate songs used, more variety and picking the write producers)

Edited by delbrit, 28 January 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Thanks for this thread!

Dream:
Single comes out in February.
Album comes out in March.
Her album includes a lot of new tracks(new ones and maybe few older song that she has written when she was with Brian).
Album includes her best new songs.

Nightmare:
Album comes out late this year.
We have to wait another 6 months.
We can't get any new and confirmed information of her new music for a very long time.

Edited by FlawedPrincess_94, 22 January 2012 - 06:27 AM.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Dream:
a single or album release before May
more personal tweets from Delta on twitter on how it's going with her MUSIC
first info and maybe even behind the scenes photos of a video shot during February
European Promo tour in April/May, i'm really starting to lose my patience...
Delta sticking to all her promises
Promo shoots and album cover released before March
A DEFINITE DATE FOR A NEW ALBUM BEFORE THE END OF FEBRUARY - COME ON, it cannot be that hard!!!

Nightmare:
Delta forgets about Europe, again
No album this year
No tour this year
10-12 track album, 10 of them ballads
more cheesy songs like Woman and You Will Only Break My Heart
More songs she'll never sing live because of the wrong key

Edited by CielNocturne, 21 January 2012 - 03:02 AM.

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Dreams:
Music just like how it was in the 'Mistaken Identity' era
Great videos like 'Out of the Blue' and 'Mistaken Identity'

Nightmare:
'Sexy' songs or something provocative (videos too)
Something with too much screaming :unsure:
Duets! I prefer just her by herself.
Duet with Nick -_- :mellow:
Something which fits for 'today's' music.
Album not out and it is past March
More delays :huh:
Something too 'funny' or 'funky'. In what I mean is like 'You Will Only Break My Heart' or something with laughing or something 'cheeky'.
'Sexed up' image again. I'm sorry, I don't like 'Sexy Delta'. I prefer sweet and funny Delta! :)
Love songs about Nick :unsure:

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I cant tell if a single will be released within next 4 weeks or not. I understand that Delta filmed pre recorded stuff for The Voice in the US recently (possibly promo and interviews that air within first episode). I understand Delta wanted to be there for Nick in one of his career highlights as he starts his new Broadway show this week, thats cute.

As of 2 days ago she was with David Foster in Hawaii which is great news because he is the man behind Michael Buble, Celine Dion and many more and can really make Delta a big success this year, fingers crossed. And i cant believe she sung with Tears For Fears singer on Mad world. Anyone seen Donnie Darko which has 'head over heels' and the famous Gary jules cover of mad world. Really Delta that is cool!

Anyway like I approve of her being with David Foster and I think its cute shes supporting her boyfriend who will be there until July meaning they will spend a lot of time away.

We know Delta will be in Sydney Feb 20 but she also revealed she'd go back to US Feb 26 for what could be a big PR meeting. Also she may be filming the music video in the US at that time.

The rumour going around thanks to Sanity is that she would release while she is in the country in February with a possible release in March. However if you look at Deltas recent tweet, you might get a different idea.

"@Writing2ReachU Thank you for being on the journey with me for so long! its VERY sooonnnn... this year :) I love your twitter name! xoxo"

VERY sooonnnn... = promising
This year :) = not that soon

So I think album will be released after two singles in late May/june when live shows start for that meaty promotional push.

As for first single? There is a window of opportunity from late January to mid February for the single to be released to radio or on iTunes. And as I said in the other thread, its probably best for Deltas self esteem to release before The Voice because the audience are not at all quiet about their feelings for the judges during filming. I'd imagine Joel Madden and Delta would get the most attention however. Keith Urban is one of my fave artists, Defying Gravity is an AMAZING album and I really hope Australia finally gets him. Its a joke how massive he is in the US but so small in Australia. Id imagine Seal would meet with much publicity too as news breaks of divorce from Heidi Klum.

Anyways, theres no reason Delta cant come back in March to release the first single. She could even fly to Sydney like a day or two before hand, do all the rounds of radio whether it be via phone or not on Thursday Feb 18, release the song to radio and talk about her come back, then release the song on iTunes on the Friday so that it roses and rises so that when it comes to chart calculation for the week of Saturday to Friday, the song has maximum peak, hopefully becoming a #1 single.

After the single has hopefully been doing well on charts for 2-3 weeks the music video would be released hopefully giving the single more life and then Delta could do all the rounds of television, performing and being interviewed, getting on all magazine covers, furthering success of first single.

Or it could just not happen at all. I just hope the rumours are true

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Enchanted

Enchanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It seems that instead of the single being closer, it is just getting further and further away. Can't say I'm that surprised.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
She actually tweeted very soon and this year in the same tweet and its 2012 now.. Havent we heard lame b/s like this for like 2 years now.... Seriously... What happened to straight out the gate... Honestly its looking more and more like 2010 and 2011 are happenin over again... I was resigned to the album being may or june.. But sounds like a single aint happenin any time soon..

Nice and all as it is for her to want to support nick on broadway.. She should have gone into 2012 all guns blazing... Screw his career.. What about her own....seriously she needa a major reality check... She might have earned her role on the voice thru past glories... But relevant she has not been to the music industry since 2008 honestly...

I know im being harsh... But god when she tweets vague rubbish year in year out... Just p's me off no end.. And she is STILL not treatin her fans with much respect or meaningful info..

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
You're not being harsh, just realistic. The contrast between Delta's twitter and The Veronicas twitter is crazy, (And even Britney makes her fans feel special and tweets them personal pics of her kids all the time.) Sorry for bringing them up again, but they have their shit ordered and their manager/entourage are amazing and them themselves are turned on to reality in these times, and they came out around the time Delta did, but they just DO STUFF, show excitment, give samples, tour all the time, and are turned onto twitters purpose, even following fans if they stan for them hard enough...
I mean I'd be able to deal with the long time between albums if she showed excitement towards her job once in a while, and not just at other celebrities but directly to her fans, and one or two song titles, lyric samples isn't that HARD, just put © Delta Goodrem Publishing 2010, DONE!!!!!!
she basically cuts you out unless you stan for her and it's a horrible bad choice which will come after her so hard this upcoming era...

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I just think it's so awful how people are really, really starting to forget about her as an artist. Of course, we fans will always stick with her (at least most of us, I guess) but believe me, when I ask my friends whether they know about Delta: zero. No one has ever heard of her. It seems like by now Europe has forgotten her completely...They used to play LWY(at least something!) over and over on the radio but I haven't heard it for over 1 year now.
Or is this what she wants? Does she want people to forget about her old music eras to start again, back to scratch? She's not a young, fresh, shooting star anymore...
I just...don't understand all this "SOOOOOONNN!" anymore, I'm really fed up... If she doesn't want her career back she should just tell us, imo. That would be unbelievably sad but you know, at least we could stop waiting and waiting and waiting....

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   O_serendipity

O_serendipity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
ahaha this tread is a great idea :)
Oriane - 25 - France - Delta fan since 2003

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ good idea but tragic too.. I mean aftet ALL this time.. Still all we have ... Speculation not information

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I know of two people who are currently trying to spread Delta's music thru twitter and blogs as new fans but it's no where near what really should be happening. Just a drop in the ocean.This is something her management should be doing frankly unless there is a completely different sound and music to this new album that they want to distance her past work from the new album. :unsure:

I still say February/March will see a single. One thing is for sure, this single then album release better come with guns blazing promotion and management. Clear and focused. None of this disorganized sloppiness that we've seen so far.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Dream: Speculation stops and we finally get a fu**n song / album and that this thread dies!
Nightmare: We go on and on! So over this crap! This thread will never end.

Edited by Paddyl90, 25 January 2012 - 09:00 PM.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
My ideal would be that she gets the album out this year, maybe around June/July/August time, release a few singles first, two contrasting songs to show off the different themes/styles on the album.

The worst thing that could happen at this stage is the album not being released at all this year and we have to wait longer, either that or when it does finally get released it flops badly & Sony drop her

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Dream: Speculation stops and we finally get a fu**n song / album and that this thread dies!
Nightmare: We go on and on! So over this crap! This thread will never end.

LMAO
Succint description of how we are all feeling. /Thread
Glad people appreciate my thread though! (To the rest of you)

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Dream:
We were looking forward right now to her 5th or 6th album.
She would do more gigs and tours!
A Christmas Album!
One of those Video Countdowns she use to do for the new album!
An Album that sounds like Innocent Eyes or Mistaken Identity that was deep.
A small preview of the new single!
More communication to her us her fans about her music and not her love life.
For her to dye her hair brown and not be like all the other blonde celebrities.
Her old innocent, sweet image back and not sexy Delta.
An Album where she re sings old songs!
Using her music to achieve her fame, not ads or yeah I'll stop.

Nightmare:
News that Delta doesn't want to be an artist anymore.
Anything to do with Nick e.g. Delta singing a song written by Nick or a duet with Nick.
More Sexy Delta.
Only sings for US and forgets Australia.
Gets married to Nick.
An album with the croaky, sexy voice.
Loses all singing technique.
Losing the Delta that we all loved.
Becomes a cheap image.
Becomes another Lady Gaga.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ they are Some Of my nightmares too!!'
One of my nightmares would be she releases the album, couple of singles, does a bit of promo but
Not a lot, the album does ok but not great then she just goes back to america for a couple of years, concentrates so much time there but the
Music doesn't go anywhere, she goes no where else internationally and doesn't even tour Australia for a couple of years after release date!! Would be baddddd!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   musiqfan

musiqfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Nightmare:
Anything to do with Nick e.g. Delta singing a song written by Nick or a duet with Nick.

One of your nightmares will be coming true then. They don't have a duet, but didn't Nick write a bunch of songs with her for this album? It would be pretty awkward, relationship wise, if all the songs he helped write got rejected so I'm pretty sure at least one of the songs he co-wrote will be on her album.

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
yeah nick did write some songs with delta but we dont no if the songs will be on the album :)

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think the whole dating and writing together business is so risky! I mean imagine all the songs that would have been scrapped after the break because of Brian's involvement (which is a shame). I think Delta mixes business and love way too much, well more than what is career-wise smart to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speculation, Dreams, I Wish, Born To Try, Sacrifice, Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users