Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hartford Recount

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   fbi_woman

fbi_woman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Aloha everyone! For everyone who knows me, hello again! And for everyone who doesn't, I'm Kelly from Canada lol.

So I made the last minute trip to Hartford to see Delta perform with Michael Bolton, because my mom is super awesome and offered to drive me (an 8 hour drive!) when she saw how upset I was that I couldn't afford a flight or bus. We drove down on Monday and stayed over, and then at noon we headed to the theatre to hang out cuz I was hoping to catch D on her way to soundcheck. If you have me on twitter, I'm sure you got the long version of my wait lol so I'll this is in a nutshell: this theatre has so many freakin doors lol that I had no idea where to be, and of course of the two places marked "stage door", I chose the wrong one to watch for 5 hours lol. Naturally, I was pretty mad at myself. I switched doors when I realized I'd missed her and waited for another 2 hours, but then I must have missed her again lol. Yeah, that's the kind of luck I tend to have.

So I finally conceded when there was only 20 min until the show started, and conveniently my mom found a lucky penny and gave it to me, which I laughed at, but am now considering keeping forever lol. Naturally Delta was AMAZING, they sang I'm Not Ready and The Prayer together. I wasn't sure if she was gonna come back for another song or not, so I ran out to check the stage doors again in case she was leaving right away, but no one was around. It was at this point that I got a twitter DM from Jahan, who is super awesome btw, and she had gotten ahold of Vince on twitter and was nice enough to be the messenger between the two of us, and HE was nice enough to meet up with me so I could see Delta quickly after the show! She was back onstage for the finale and then like RIGHT after she came off, the two of them came to the door between backstage and the lobby for a visit! Omg it was so awesome. She's so sweet. She said she saw my tweet and she was like 'we can't leave until we see her!' <3. She said they did a lap around the building after soundcheck to see if they could spot me but they didn't see me. I'm not surprised though, I didn't have time to make a sign (which I usually hold while waiting) and I'm not blonde anymore so I didn't look like my usual self lol. Plus with all the door switching, God only knows where I was at that point in time lol. And she's such a sweetheart that she's always apologizing for stuff that is SO not her fault. I'm seriously insanely grateful to Jahan, Vince and Delta for making this happen. I'm really lucky that all 3 of them are such great, generous people. 2 1/2 years was way too long to go without hugging Delta, I'm soooo incredibly happy right now.

The internet at the hotel is like ridiculously slow and I don't think my dad gave me the chord to hook the camera up to my computer so I'll edit in pictures later, we're driving back tomorrow but then I'm horse showing so idk when I'll get them posted. I look like a hot mess just as a warning lol. 7 hours in the sun resulted in a frizzy pony tail, me being mad at myself resulted in crying which resulted in my makeup being a mess lol, and I forgot my contacts so I had my glasses on. AKA, I was an overall disaster lol. But I totally don't even care lol. I was literally physically shaking afterwards and there was much squealing on the way back to the car :P. I still can barely believe it all came together.

And all of you who sent me good luck and positive thoughts on twitter and facebook today are awesome, and clearly it worked! Nicest group of fans ever <3

ETA: PICTURES!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by fbi_woman, 24 June 2011 - 09:06 AM.

OFFLINE   Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
That is such a great story, so glad you got to meet her. And that she knew you were somewhere hoping to meet her! lol. Twitter <3

Posted Image

"Be Strong" is the most inspirational song I have ever heard. It has helped me through some tough times.
Thank you Delta.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,754 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
YAY! Thats awesome! :)

Jahan is a sweetheart <3

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
So happy for you Kelly! That's great! :D xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   runningaway8

runningaway8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Wooo Kelly! So glad that it all worked out in the end! I really do believe your mum is awesome, for offering to drive that for for you! Haha.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, in the end!

...and your glasses are fine anyway! Hehe! Can't wait to see photos!

R.I.P My beautiful baby. December 1st 1997 - December 20th 2011. Best dog in the world.

1st August 2010 - 22nd February 2011: US, Canada and Bahamas!
1st November - 19th December 2011: Europe!

Moved to London: September 2012!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm so glad you got to see her, Kelly! I was hoping you would on Twitter! Very nice of Jahan! She is great!

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Aww, what a great story! :) SO glad you got to see her, Kelly! Can't wait to see the photo!

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Great Recount Kelly, so happy that you got to see Delta.

:D
Posted Image

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,564 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
thanks for posting ... cant wait to see pics and videos! xxx

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Aw, Kelly, that sounds like a great time! I'd have gone too if I weren't home for the summer. I really hope she does more shows in New England in the Fall. And YAY for Jahan and Vince!

How was the Bushnell though? Haven't been there in a while, but I'll probably be seeing Wicked there in September.

OFFLINE   teghanelise

teghanelise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Woohoo Thats super exciting!!! Isn't Delta an Angel!!! So happy for you Kelly :) x
Posted Image

Superstar Delta... You always have been in my eyes :) x

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,924 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thank you so much for sharing your story, Kelly! I have missed hearing these stories!! I'm so glad you got to meet her! It is always so hard and so much effort but always sooooooo worth it in the end! I love that Delta and Vince were looking for you haha!! Looking forward to see your photos. Have a safe trip back :)

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   xAlicia

xAlicia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
So glad you could see her :)

11/8/12, 12/8/12

Shower me in confetti raining down from open skies

Posted Image

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
A lovely story. Very glad you were able to see Delta :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jess

Jess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yay Kelly :) sooo happy you eventually got to say hello! xox

OFFLINE   Emily

Emily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Great recount. So glad that you got to meet Delta.

Thanks Sohan

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Very nice story :)

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,811 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Welcome to the forum Kelly :)
I saw your tweet this afternoon and I was surprised to read that you got to meet Delta and Vince backstage :D Great story, can't wait to see your photos ^_^

OFFLINE   innocenteyes

innocenteyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Great recount. So glad you got to meet her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users