Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Confirmed: Delta to be a coach on Australia's The Voice

The Voice Nine launch

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That would be very interesting then!

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I haven't seen the show previously but judging by Twitter account for the show, the auditions take place before they get to the first stage? If so, then there's a few weeks less, unlike Idol, where you had to sit through days upon days of auditions.
Kade - keep the GIFs coming LOL!!!

EDIT - Just saw the DD FB post...seems the shows filming isn't too restrictive in terms of promotion.

Yes the first auditions take place before the show gets to the first stage, but these auditions wont be done by the judges.
The first stage of the show that will be aired ( Not Live ) containes the auditions before the coaches and decide wich contestants go to wich coach.

TVOH Season 2 official promo

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,548 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I guess I am only the one not happy with the news? By signing up as a judge, Delta won't be able to appear on other TV networks to promote her album until the series finishes (similar to Guy Sebastian's recent stint as a judge and mentor on The X Factor). Since Channel Seven is dominating TV ratings at the moment and is expected to do so well into 2012, this will put Delta in a disadvantage because I believe The Voice will have moderate ratings at best. If the show is scheduled against Packed to the Rafters on Tuesdays, it will be crushed.

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Haha love the media going for a Delta v Brian in the ratings!

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I guess I am only the one not happy with the news? By signing up as a judge, Delta won't be able to appear on other TV networks to promote her album until the series finishes (similar to Guy Sebastian's recent stint as a judge and mentor on The X Factor). Since Channel Seven is dominating TV ratings at the moment and is expected to do so well into 2012, this will put Delta in a disadvantage because I believe The Voice will have moderate ratings at best. If the show is scheduled against Packed to the Rafters on Tuesdays, it will be crushed.

If the show does what it supposed to do it will dominate the tv ratings.
Over here it gets 3 million vievers on average. There's no other show that comes even close here.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
For everyone who still tink that the voice sucks !!

Here's a clip from the simi final of TVOH

Pearl Jozefzoon singing Beyonce's Halo

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm excited :) More Delta is good with me.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
New article, sorry if it was already posted

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226204115889

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,495 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Great news the voice will give Delta alot of promotion ... betting she's going to debut her new single live at the show! xxx

OFFLINE   ~Butterfly Cat~

~Butterfly Cat~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Aw cool! Let's hope the show does well here!!

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Great news the voice will give Delta alot of promotion ... betting she's going to debut her new single live at the show! xxx

I doubt she will perform her new single at the show.
But i know for shure she has to perform live on the show with one of her contestants.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
On the plus side...
it seems to be the most credible, talent based of all reality music formats to date, so it shouldnt dent her cool/ credibility as an artist

it pretty much guarantees australia will be a solid priority first with the new album so that's good , i feared she might disastrously try to launch the era from LA and look at America mostly for promo...

it is a much shorter series and less demanding of the mentors time so that is a plus

The negatives....
I know its been huge in Holland and fared very well in the states, but i am concerned with what Johnson says.... Seven does seem to be the major network in Australia right now, its unfortunate if she will be restricted to a less successful network with her promo work... it kinda feels like a niche show with a niche appeal rather than say The X Factor which is a huge publicity machine and major show... of course it could be a huge hit for Nine but i hope people wont be jaded with talent shows by the time it airs...

it does pretty much mean a single will be april/ may im guessing.... have Nine a launch date set for it? Im guessing they will tape the blind auditions in january/ february, so it could be march/ april /may before the live shows and im sure she will wait til then to capitalise on those shows to launch her comeback single... so it looks like we'll have a bit more to wait before some new music.

Also, its great she will be in Australia for a number of months but i hope they are sitting down and planning a co-ordinated worldwide campaign right now... and it doesnt end up like the delta era where half the year is past before she looks outside australia and asia...

The truth is..... she actually needs a gig like this to reignite her celebrity in australia in a credible way ... after so much time away , she has to reconnect with her aussie fans that made her in the first place.... and how better to do that than be in people's homes every week for a couple of months on a high profile show..... i feel this will be a good move honestly for her ... it feels like she is moving in a good direction right now :)

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Johnson I definitely think you dont value the potential of this show and the Nine network. 

* Celebrity Apprentice, Big Brother, The Voice, World Series Cricket, Underbelly, new shows Excess Baggage, Tricky Business and telemovies Beaconsfield and Kerry Packer story as well as Hamish and Andy in London before the Olympics. Nine really could win next year and theyve paid the price for it too. Highly impressive.

The Voice WILL have huge ratings. Theyve got the stars, theyve got the financial backing AND theyve got the format which is ridiculously cool. Check it: 

The series consists of three phases: a blind audition, a battle phase, and live performance shows. Four judges/coaches, all famous musicians, choose teams of contestants through a blind audition process. Each judge has the length of the auditioner's performance (about one minute) to decide if he or she wants that singer on his or her team; if two or more judges want the same singer (as happened with all but one singer in the premiere episode), then the singer gets to choose their coach.

Each team of singers are mentored and developed by their coach. In the second stage, coaches have two of their team members battle against each other by singing the same song, with the coach choosing which team member to advance. In the final phase, the remaining contestants compete against each other in live broadcasts. The television audience helps to decide who advances. When one remains for each coach, the four contestants compete against each other in the finale.

This is so much better than any other singing format and the whole blind audition/swivel chair offers an insight and connects to people who always had the talent for success but were not pretty enough or didnt have the right look. Whereas a lot of people criticise Johnny on X Factor and Christina Parie for getting chosen solely on looks. 

They coaches also bring in celebrity help (like X Factor Judges Houses) to make their individual Top 4. 

In the US they seem to only have one episode a week (except for last two weeks). In the live shows two coaches have their Top 4 sing a song each and then on that same show they have non-competition performances like the famous Moves Like Jagger premiere, all coaches doing a medley, the coaches doing a song with all their contestants, the coach singing a song of their own or just whatever artist is in the country. The next week the results are revealed of those two coaches Top 2 while the other coaches have their Top 4 perform. I think Nine would be smarter to break this up over two nights and have the non-competitive performances and the results on one show and using the extra time in performance show for us to get to know the contestant. 

But yeah as I was mentioning above, the coaches have so many opportunities to perform at the live shows. 

PLUS, shes rumoured to release the debut single in December. The Voice Auditions are up to round 3 at the moment and will be taped in February where the coaches must pick 8 each. Considering the Battle Rounds where 8 become 4 is also not live, the show is not expected to start airing till April at the earliest and considering it'd be silly if they rushed it, I'm tipping it'll debut in May/June. 

By that time Delta can go to Asia-particularly Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, as well as New Zealand to perform the first single and pre-record interviews that can be shown for when the album is released. She could release second single in February and release album in March and theres no reason that she cant go on Channel 7 and Ten to promote the album. The show would not have started, Delta gets on very well with Sunrise and all that and it would be silly for Nine and The Voice to obstruct Delta from promoting other networks considering she is a singer foremost and it helps them if she is more popular. 

As for when The Voice does start she has SO many opportunities to sing- all the coaches do a song, then the coaches each do a song with their contestants, then they can do a duet with each other or just sing their own song. With all this publicity of Delta performing on what will be a ratings killer - there is no need for her to be on other channels to promote while she is on the show. She'd be overexposing herself then and she doesnt need to. 

The Live Shows generally last 6 weeks and so there is hardly any restriction at all on Delta promoting the record. She does Asia + NZ before The Voice, concentrates on Australia whilst on The Voice and then afterwards she should focus all her energy on doing the US and Europe. After the Voice she could do a theatre tour and then after releasing a repackaged album worldwide do an arena tour. I'm expecting she'll get a HUGE push in the US. Considering how well she fit into Dancing With The Stars i could see her performing on that next year and things wont take as long as they used to as I'd expect Hot AC radio to pick Deltas song much quicker and all at once as she laid down the groundwork in 2008 meeting all the radios and going #1 in some of them. I think Europe should be securely planned but not done until after shes put tons of effort in making the first single big in the States. Getting in TV shows, making appearances on Ellen, The View and Letterman. The album can be released in US and Europe at same time but I think she should spend a good solid 4 months making the first single huge in the US before working on Europe. 

On the plus side...
it seems to be the most credible, talent based of all reality music formats to date, so it shouldnt dent her cool/ credibility as an artist

it pretty much guarantees australia will be a solid priority first with the new album so that's good , i feared she might disastrously try to launch the era from LA and look at America mostly for promo...

it is a much shorter series and less demanding of the mentors time so that is a plus

The negatives....
I know its been huge in Holland and fared very well in the states, but i am concerned with what Johnson says.... Seven does seem to be the major network in Australia right now, its unfortunate if she will be restricted to a less successful network with her promo work... it kinda feels like a niche show with a niche appeal rather than say The X Factor which is a huge publicity machine and major show... of course it could be a huge hit for Nine but i hope people wont be jaded with talent shows by the time it airs...

it does pretty much mean a single will be april/ may im guessing.... have Nine a launch date set for it? Im guessing they will tape the blind auditions in january/ february, so it could be march/ april /may before the live shows and im sure she will wait til then to capitalise on those shows to launch her comeback single... so it looks like we'll have a bit more to wait before some new music.

Also, its great she will be in Australia for a number of months but i hope they are sitting down and planning a co-ordinated worldwide campaign right now... and it doesnt end up like the delta era where half the year is past before she looks outside australia and asia...

The truth is..... she actually needs a gig like this to reignite her celebrity in australia in a credible way ... after so much time away , she has to reconnect with her aussie fans that made her in the first place.... and how better to do that than be in people's homes every week for a couple of months on a high profile show..... i feel this will be a good move honestly for her ... it feels like she is moving in a good direction right now :)

Great post! I definitely agree she is moving in the right direction. I know shes definitely thinking globally this time around but in my mind I think it only makes sense to do the markets separately. She's not big enough to go back and forth between markets and for that to work. As i mentioned above she COULD release the album in US and Europe at the same time. I think for that to truly work she first release a second international single which should be a completely new song released in Australia as well. Then repackage the album worldwide. E.g. The standard Australian album of 14. Take 4 of the least favourite and put them on the deluxe and add 2 new awesome songs for the standard (I believe that in introducing an artist to a market you should lower amount of tracks to simply impress on strong songs) and complete the deluxe with b-sides of the single making a deluxe edition of 20 songs that can be released in Australia as well. Then she could do an arena tour! As well as doing concerts in Japan, Hong Kong and NZ (the market is there!). Then for all of 2013 she can concentrate on Europe + US as well as make a start on South America (where Nick Jonas is very popular) and hopefully releasing an album in 2014 that will go #1 worldwide :P

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FLAWED-BY-GOODREM

FLAWED-BY-GOODREM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Not sure if this has been posted so sorry if it has but here's a picture of Delta yesterday at Nines 2012 Launch

Apparently she opened the Show with A medley of her hits

Posted Image

Article http://www.heraldsun...x-1226204115889

Edited by FLAWED-BY-GOODREM, 24 November 2011 - 12:09 PM.

5dnkeb.jpg

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
t4p she looks stunning :)

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
She looked so amazing. Her style lately has been flawless Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
The show is expected to debut in March with the album dropping just after it. That's my guess anyway.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,677 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oh that makes sense! It said auditions filmed in February and live shows filmed in April so March makes sense. They dont leave much time for production but I guess they wouldnt have tons of footage to sift through unlike AGT and X Factor. Exciting! The earlier the better

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

The show is expected to debut in March with the album dropping just after it. That's my guess anyway.

If they do that, it sounds like a good plan to me. But they better release two singles before the album :).

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Finally good new, hope she uses this opportunity well.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, Nine launch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users