Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Single Due Out

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

ONLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,439 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
If it was coming out in Nov wouldn't we have the song name and maybe artwork officially released by now? Whatever happens can't wait! xxx

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Its funny how skeptical we've all become. All with very goid reason of course.

To be honest, all factors hint that this is true.

The announcement of Delta possibly performing at the ARIAs - its not like she wouldnt sing Believe Again.
The announcement of Delta being a judge on The Voice. Considering Delta is making music, of course this would serve as promotion and is a very clever way of introducing her to the public that are unfamiliar with her (no hit single since late 2007 tends to do that). It also forcefully exposes her personality to those who have preconceived wrong opinions about her (fake, bitch, 'too nice). And also it just gives her consistent face time on a popular TV network which can only be good for her.

Whilst those are all possibilities, the fact that shes returning to Australia for the first time since before her break up says to me that she's ready. I believe Delta really needed her time away from Australia, needed the privacy to move on from her life, start anew and find happiness and find herself again before relaunching and returning to Australia. I hope the nation is ready, cause I am.

I just really hope the music is amazing. Over 4 years since an album, theres a lot of pressure to deliver.

I liked this, This post made me smile <3 :)

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wouldn't it be fantastic if the single was called "Sorry to Keep You Waiting" or "Took Too Damn Long" or something?

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^ that'd be quite funny haha :P

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
hahahah that would be hilarious

OFFLINE   kyky

kyky

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
A quick release is not uncommon - Florence & The Machine announced the debut single/video "what the water gave me" and on the same day it was available to buy off UK iTunes. We're a generation of "want it now" - maybe perform at the ARIA's with an intention for an immediate release is the plan, "strike while the irons hot". Then the 2nd single is where you do the larger promoting, followed soon after with the album.

Posted Image

Follow me -

@ky_kystealey

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,850 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She should rerelease A Little Too Late as the new single.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,529 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The quick release has become very common nowadays with iTunes being so present. However I dont think Delta can just rely on that.

I think what would work for her is actually the opposite - NOT releasing to iTunes straight away. Creating hype for when it does get released. Thats what Vanessa Amorosi did with This Is Who I Am and Brian with Just Say So - the songs were impossible to be able to download illegally, being listened to on radio heaps and once it become available it hit #1.

Delta's songs always rush to #1 Most Added on radio and even #1 airplay so that affect would flow on to iTunes, whereas there is no influence if the song just appears on iTunes as many pop artists (Britney, Rihanna, Gaga) tend to just do.

So, if the song is ready, sing it at the ARIAs. Release it to radio the next day... do no promotion, let the song build up. Record the video for it, then release the song to iTunes two weeks later which should make it hit #1, then when video is ready (probably a week after that) she should start promoting the single and singing it everywhere.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DJTONY75

DJTONY75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Also, I have been told by Delta's people that she is not doing any promos/interviews/public appearences while she is back in Aus, she is only appearing at the ARIAs & charity events only.

How long ago were you informed about this? Cause anything can change. Especially if this single news is hot off the press.

I was told this by Delta's management last week.
There still has not been any confirmation from Sony regarding the single as I write, as I am in radio, I will be amoung the first to get it before it is released officially. If it does get released before Christmas, I will get a media/press release from Sony confirming this, plus, I get a list of all of Sony Music's future releases, & there has been no mention of a new Delta single. As I said, I do get all the media/press releases from Sony. I will keep you all informed as soon as I hear any news from Sony.

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I was told this by Delta's management last week.
There still has not been any confirmation from Sony regarding the single as I write, as I am in radio, I will be amoung the first to get it before it is released officially. If it does get released before Christmas, I will get a media/press release from Sony confirming this, plus, I get a list of all of Sony Music's future releases, & there has been no mention of a new Delta single. As I said, I do get all the media/press releases from Sony. I will keep you all informed as soon as I hear any news from Sony.

Sanity has contacts with Sony as they do with every other label in the state. They have been informed that a new single is coming before Christmas. Now either Sony and Delta’s management is keeping this news on the down low due to whatever circumstances they have or Sanity is lying which is highly unlikely because they’re putting their company at risk for releasing false information.

OFFLINE   Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I actually have a good feeling about this - makes sense with the Aria's appearance, and it being this time of the year, with the Christmas sales rush.

Things finally happening?

Posted Image

Thanks for the memories. X

http://lookingforane...yout.tumblr.com

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Things finally happening?

I would hope so. It's just a pain waiting to hear something from Sony.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,850 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm sure Sony knows Sanity is telling people this information, so I don't understand why they can't say something themselves. Something direct from Sony would be nice.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I'm sure Sony knows Sanity is telling people this information, so I don't understand why they can't say something themselves. Something direct from Sony would be nice.

Artin

Perhaps we should bombard their Twitter replies with Delta questions? We need to be heard.

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think we need to give Delta a break! Bombarding people with e-mail after e-mail will not end well. Delta will release her music in her own time!

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
#OccupySONY

j/k

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Can't wait !!!! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the single was called "Sorry to Keep You Waiting" or "Took Too Damn Long" or something?

Reminds me of that Emma Bunton song. :lol:
I used to like that song :|

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1Df_sjdzY&ob=av2n

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1Df_sjdzY&ob=av2n

Fuckiing love that song.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users