Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Herald Sun claiming Delta will be on 'The Voice - Australia'

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   i_luv_delta3

i_luv_delta3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
http://www.heraldsun...o-1226166208200

The Herald Sun is reporting that Delta, Keith Urban, Seal and Joel Madden will be coaches on the Australian version of The Voice.

I wouldnt say anything is official but its a big risk for them to post such an article.

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I knew she would do reality tv to gain back some relevancy. Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
I think Herald Sun tend to be quite reliable but I'm not sure how I'd feel if this was true...

I'd love if this era was just about the music but I guess in this day and age artists need every promotional tool they can get... and 'The Voice' is a great format.

If Delta was committed to this it would likely mean another really staggered release for the album... unless of course this would take place after its international launches, but early next year doesn't give it much time. I don't want a three month era in the Australia with the promise of international releases further down the line... my heart would sink, as we all know what happened last time!

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I thought Vanessa Amorosi was going to be a judge.

I know Delta was a fan of the US version of the show as she tweeted the winner regularly. I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This is fantastic !!!! If it's true.

The populairity of the coaches in the Dutch version (Wich is the original one) Skyrocketed!!
This will be good for Delta to make a big comeback in Australia! :)
She has to perfom live in the show, thats one of the rules. So we will hear her sing.

The second season of the Voice of Holland wich is currently airing here still gets over 3 milion viewers each week !

See topic the Voice for some clips so you can see for yourself how high the level is.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   bootsthecat

bootsthecat

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 131 posts
hmmm this could be vey good!!!!

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,373 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Also on the daily telegraph.

http://www.dailytele...o-australia-for

News.com

http://www.news.com....i-1226166314739

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,495 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Sounds exciting ... but just want an album! xxx

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,679 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
GREAT LINEUP!

LOVE keith urban, good charlotte and kiss by a rose haha. Wonder if this means delta will meet her girl crush heidi klum (rove 2007 interview anyone).

We did predict this in the reality TV thread, it does make sense and is smart for her career (endless current examples why). Im just hoping she releases first single before the show so she seems more credible.

Very excited to see her face more on TV

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,779 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for sharing. It'll be good to see her again!

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think that would be awesome :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,550 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
My first reaction is NO BLOODY WAY!
I am quite interested in The Voice, but because it's on Channel Nine (and I still hate Nine even though it no longer dominates ratings), I won't be watching it even if Delta becomes a judge on it.
Delta should be travelling around Australia and the world to promote her album instead of spending 3 months sitting in Sydney just to be a judge on a show which will be a ratings flop.

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This is so exciting! It pretty much confirms she'll have an album out soon - which is all I care about! And The Voice isn't that bad of a reality TV show... I guess I would have prefered Australia's Got Talent or X Factor... but who cares, we get to see her face on the TV regularly! I'm so excited! Bring on the music :)

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   chanellerodger

chanellerodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I understand everyone’s frustration, but keep in mind Nat Bass is a judge on the X Factor and she has just released her new single whilst on the show. Relax peoples.

ONLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think that Delta Goodrem and Keith Urban could create a really wonderful song together. Seeing as Delta would need to break apart from duets for a small amount of time and focus on getting her name and style back into the music world, maybe Urban and Goodrem could get together and create a song that would be featured on of the albums. (Perhaps Delta/Keith on back-up)

I also think that Delta Goodrem and Kid Rock could create something interesting! For example Kid Rock has created duets with the likes of...
  • Sheryl Crow - Picture, Collide
  • Martina McBride - Care

As far as I am concerned she should focus on the fourth album and steer away from any duet for a period of time. However, this idea came to mind and I thought I would share...

:) ........ :mellow: ......... :unsure: ........... :blush: ....... :ph34r:

bannerMemories05b_zpsd55c0aaa.png

Thanks to thaisdramaqueen

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
If she is planning on releasing her album at this time, then it is great news. But if she is using this for promotion and still not releasing an album, then I am very displeased with her

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I understand everyone’s frustration, but keep in mind Nat Bass is a judge on the X Factor and she has just released her new single whilst on the show. Relax peoples.

...and it's flopping big time.

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm excited. More Delta is fine with me.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
very exciting news,,

OFFLINE   musiqfan

musiqfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I don't think appearing on The Voice would hurt Delta. Here in the US, Christina Aguilera's career was pretty much done and over. Her last album flopped big time and the public perception of her had changed from respected singer to bloated drunk stumbling out of clubs and star of a flopped movie with Cher. She signed on as a judge of The Voice and while the show was on, people really liked her, and it really revitalized her image for a second. However she didn't capitalize on it so now she's kind of back to being the butt of jokes again, but she could have turned it around by taking advantage of the goodwill her judging stint on the show brought her. Maybe joining the Aussie version of the show could do the same for Delta in her country, remind people of why they liked her instead of just seeing her as someone who gets photographed on dates and vacations with her teenage boyfriend.

And it shouldn't hurt anything as far as album progress or promotion. Three of the three judges on our version (Adam Levin, Blake Shelton and Cee-Lo) had very active careers going on with albums/singles being out and being promoted/tours going on at the same time that they participated in the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users