Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Celine Dion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Now I don't want to hear that Becky (DeltaFan) and I are the only one here who like Celine.

Any Celine Dion fans here? If you never heard of her, I would suggest that you take a look at www.celinedion.com.
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
HOLLA!! My family loved her growing up so she was very much a huge part of my musical life growing up! What an amazing person and performer. Love her French and English work. She has some amazing songs! One of the all time greats in music!

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yes, I love Celine. She is one of my favourite artists.
No one could ever come close to duplicating her voice

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

ONLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm not a huge fan but she has some amazing songs, Eyes On Me is my most played song because Delta wrote & does backing vocals.
But i liked the song before i knew Delta was on it

Edited by In_This_Life, 07 October 2011 - 10:33 PM.

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's one of my most played songs too. I don't know if I like it so much because Delta is in it? Probably so....
I wish she had some more parts in the song though. The backing vocals two times throughout the song aren't enough for me I'm afraid. ^-^

Posted Image

ONLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
^ I know
I wish we had Delta's version

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I love her songs :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Celine is a living legend... i love her voice, and *most *of her work, since she had her first son, her music and career decisions have been very patchy.... sadly, she seems to have kinda lost some integrity through the Vegas shows... the 2003 One Heart album was awful , and the Chrysler product placement in her cds packaging said it all, it was all about the money

I thought Taking Chances in 2007 was a return to form.... and i was glad she was leaving Vegas behind... too bad she went back for a whole new stint... i know it suits with her family and stuff, but it would be great to hear some really strong new music from her....

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Celine is a living legend... i love her voice, and *most *of her work, since she had her first son, her music and career decisions have been very patchy.... sadly, she seems to have kinda lost some integrity through the Vegas shows... the 2003 One Heart album was awful , and the Chrysler product placement in her cds packaging said it all, it was all about the money

I thought Taking Chances in 2007 was a return to form.... and i was glad she was leaving Vegas behind... too bad she went back for a whole new stint... i know it suits with her family and stuff, but it would be great to hear some really strong new music from her....

While I don't know Celine that well, but I can say something about the "A New Day..." because I've watched the DVD where they talk about it. One of the things that was said that we wanted to leave because she didn't want to do it anymore but she couldn't because it cost too much money and the amount of people involved. Not only that, she got very sick before the show as well.

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's sad to see singers/actors continue to act or sing, even when they aren't as interested anymore, yet they continue making awful films or songs for the money.
Take for example, the last 2 seasons of Hannah Montana were awful!, it was clear Miley's heart wasn't in it anymore and she done it for the money. There are many other examples of this with other stars.

I disagree when it comes to Celine though. I think she clearly does it because she loves it and for the fans. Part of it may be for cash, but you can see her passion when she sings, her eyes sparkle and water and she touches her chest. Watch her concert DVD's and you will see this. If I done something for money, I surely wouldn't cry or do act that way. I like how she is super nice to her fans and I saw on one of her concert DVD's, she kept a gift from a fan as it meant so much to her. She put it on her dressing table I think ( kinda like Delta done on the BA tour with some of the stuff from fans). I reckon part of her does it far her father as well. Her father died I think in 2002 (?) and she gets so sad when she sings that song about her father ('dance with my father again'?). Her mother is certainly proud of her, you can tell!

Even if she has lost integry as a performer, people continue to buy her work and think it is fantastic. She wouldn't have sold out albums and concerts if fans didn't buy it. Her older work WAS better, I admit to this :) I certainly do not enjoy her newer work as much as her older work. I did not like the 'Taking Chances' tracks so much and hardly play it. But others seem to like it very much. She is a spectacular performer! You have to admit!

Edited by DeltaFan, 09 October 2011 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Even if she has lost integry as a performer, people continue to buy her work and think it is fantastic. She wouldn't have sold out albums and concerts if fans didn't buy it. Her older work WAS better, I admit to this :) I certainly do not enjoy her newer work as much as her older work. I did not like the 'Taking Chances' tracks so much and hardly play it. But others seem to like it very much. She is a spectacular performer! You have to admit!

I'm with you on that one, most of the songs that I like are the older ones but there is one song that got me from 'Taking Chances' and that was "Shadow of Love".

Becky, I would love to say more about the DVD "A new day...." but I'm holding off untill you get the chance to see it (including the extras), not because I got something to hide but I just don't want to spoile it (I hope I spelt that right). Feel free to tell me to speak up if you want :)

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,495 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I love Celine ... just not as passionate about her as Delta! I've got all her english cds and some french ones though! xxx

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I've never hearD her french work. I tenD to listen to artists in English (exception when it comes to Agnetha Faltskog, I listen to her SweDish music)

(my keyboarD 'D' key is stuffeD.....Can't type it in lowercase :/)

Edited by DeltaFan, 03 December 2011 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Some of Celine french songs are rather nice. One example, Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore. As far as I know, she sings that at every tour/show that she has done.

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
My fave other French songs are Destin, S'il suffisait d'aimer, dans une autre monde, je lui dirai, d'amour ou d'amitie, tous les secrets, sous le vent, on ne change pas, j'irais ou tu iras, ne partez pas sans moi, les derniers seront les premieres, mon ami m'a quitte, et s'il n'en reste qu'une,

Just to name a few! I've found my love again for the French language post high school through her music!

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Did anyone see the special that was on the O.W.N network in America a few months back about her juggling the birth and getting ready for her new Vegas show? She is simply amazing! It's on YouTube for those who haven't seen it!

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Just re-watched Celine sur les pleines.... the special concert she did to celebrate Montreal's 400th Birthday! She is truly amazing! Puts on amazing shows! One day I must get to one of them!

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Did anyone see the special that was on the O.W.N network in America a few months back about her juggling the birth and getting ready for her new Vegas show? She is simply amazing! It's on YouTube for those who haven't seen it!

Yes I did watch that, I don't know if it just me, but I found some of it a little awkward. But I did enjoy it. :)

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
What did you find awkward?

OFFLINE   Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I love Celine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users