Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The UK & Europe Fans Thread

• Please log in to reply
1392 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Now that the new era is on the verge of being launched in Australia im hoping and praying that this time around the uk and Europe will also get the release and delta over here!!! I don't expect anything this year, time will be spent reestablishing delta in australia. But I hope by 2013 a European release is firmly on the cards!!

I expect (and hope) she will be back here this year sometime... if it keeps being put off til next year... it will be like the Delta era again... it just wont happen... the freshness will be lost

Best case sceanrio, if she gets off to a really great start in Australia- like number one/ top 5 hit by mid to late april, she might head over this way as early as may for a whistle stop promo tour... the voice tapings for blind and battle stages will be airing but wrapped.... she has pretty much all april and may to hit the ground running somewhere other than australia .. i dont think australia will take such alot of time with the exposure of the voice and stuff... maybe she might try the States for May but it's too short a time to gain momentum there.... Europe or Asia are possible

But worse case scenario, the single doesnt race to the top of aussie charts and takes a bit more on the ground promo at home, she might just focus on australia until the voice is over.. and then the latter part of the year will bring the album and international singles/ album launch.

But either way, she is bound to be looking beyond australia by july or august at the latest if international success is being aimed for

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I think she'll release the album in Oz either June or July & hopefully she'll do Europe (inc. UK) and USA September/October time.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Mh, like I said, I definitely wouldn't wait until next year...didn't work for the Delta era either. If she want to go back to the successful Delta she should also include Europe (and maybe the US but that's more difficult) from the start :)

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
it is really strange though that amazon.fr are stocking the single and at ordinary prices, not inflated import prices... it kinda suggests a european release could be following very close to her aussie launch or even simultaneously .

Maybe this time, they are just gonna release the music here, see if it generates heat by itself and gauge whether a return to europe will be worth her time or not first ... or maybe they plan to blitz round europe for a couple of days / 1 week in May when she has alot of promo done in australia..

Europe is alot easier to do promo in than say the US, her Mistaken Identity trip for Out of the Blue was very short and done between her release of the single in australia in october 04 and the album launch in November 04... but it pretty much all hinges on how Australian radio takes to her again/ how well the single performs there first...

More than likely it could be after the Voice she will focus beyond australia.

Edited by greeneyes, 24 March 2012 - 06:11 AM.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

it is really strange though that amazon.fr are stocking the single and at ordinary prices, not inflated import prices... it kinda suggests a european release could be following very close to her aussie launch or even simultaneously .

Absolutely! That's why I thought that it's kinda! safe to assume that she'll release it in Europe in April...also, Amazon.fr isn't the only french site that says it'll be released in April.

Edited by CielNocturne, 24 March 2012 - 06:13 AM.

"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Absolutely! That's why I thought that it's kinda! safe to assume that she'll release it in Europe in April...also, Amazon.fr isn't the only french site that says it'll be released in April.

I have checked amazon.co.uk/ hmv.com and itunes uk/ ireland and there's no mention of it.... maybe the French are more organised and up to date... amazon.co.uk are usually very up to date.... was Delta ever big in France... I always thought the UK was her biggest territory outside australia.. so it seems strange the single would be out in France but not the rest of Europe ... if she really is launching in Europe in April too, then I think it's a safe bet that she will squeeze in a mini promo tour of europe for a couple of days while the voice airs late april, all of may .. if she gets an aussie number one or top 3 even with relative ease then i bet she will have more time to play with doing promo elsewhere... the fact the single is being listed in multiple french stores is a very positive sign that this international campaign is really happening this time ...

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
She was quite well known in France and Germany during the IE era :)

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

She was quite well known in France and Germany during the IE era :)

Maybe they are gonna test the waters in France first before they spread out to the rest of europe :)

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Too bad they didn't do that last year...I still lived in France then xD

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Too bad they didn't do that last year...I still lived in France then xD

Oh Im sure Germany will factor into her European promo tour if she makes one with this album... :)

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Aw, but like I said before I'd also travel to France, England...yeah xDDDD
Have you ever seen her live/met her?

Edited by CielNocturne, 24 March 2012 - 07:07 AM.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm really hoping there is a release this year, of course, that would be the ulimate!! And hopefully it will happen, it would make sense to go straight from the australia release to Europe and I hope that happens because they can't forget the fans over here or go down the same route as the delta era. However, I've learnt to thinking the worst case scenario when it comes to delta and Europe/uk plans so I'm going for 2013 as the worst case scenario and hoping that actually it will be a lot sooner!!

No reports of seal and delta over here!!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Aw, but like I said before I'd also travel to France, England...yeah xDDDD
Have you ever seen her live/met her?

Well the UK is always gonna be a definite stop on any european promo tour i think so you'll have to make the trip then lol:)

I have never met her, i did see her live once .... it was a childline charity concert in ireland, january 2005... she sang Out Of the Blue and Almost here (with Brian) ... sadly she was booed and heckled the whole way through due to the whole Brian and his wife splitting and the public perception at the time that she had been involved in the split... that's kinda sad that the only time i saw her live, she wasnt treated so well :( but she was just one of many acts at the concert so it wasnt really her gig totally... that's crazy though when i think of it ... that's sooooo long ago now

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^omg I remember that concer :( how horrible that delta was heckled :( I do think no wonder delta never came back with that unkind and disgusting response.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I'm really hoping there is a release this year, of course, that would be the ulimate!! And hopefully it will happen, it would make sense to go straight from the australia release to Europe and I hope that happens because they can't forget the fans over here or go down the same route as the delta era. However, I've learnt to thinking the worst case scenario when it comes to delta and Europe/uk plans so I'm going for 2013 as the worst case scenario and hoping that actually it will be a lot sooner!!

No reports of seal and delta over here!!

Yeah it's probably best not to get expectations up but i will genuinely be surprised if she doesnt release over here by the end of the year... Europe is not really that hard... you either have a hit or don't , you dont have to slog away on endless radio promoo tours like you have to in the US... a few high profile tv / radio shows in europe and your name is out there and people wither buy it or dont... so I hope Europe is next after Australia.. but she is very much based in the US and stuff so it wont surprise me if she heads there after the voice.

seal and delta lol... i havent heard those rumours... last i heard on digital spy , she was supposedly getting close to the guy hosting the voice lol

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
@rachelm - glad to hear that there are no rumors going on!

@greeneyes - Oh wow, completely forgot about that drama! Since Brian nor Kerry were really famous in Germany no one cared about that... whenever I flip through UK magazines Kerry is still popping up - what is she doing anyway nowadays? I thought she only 'sang' on that one Sugababes track?
(Kerry is her name, right? LOL)
Well at least you had a small glimpse at her, haha! ;)

Oh be sure she'll be dating Joel Madden next week! AND his brother.
But honestly, it's hilarious! I even saw two reports on TV! I didn't even care about that stupid rumor because I was just way TOO excited to see Delta on German television LMAO But today it popped up again in some magazines and I was like 'Oh Lord...'....

Edited by CielNocturne, 24 March 2012 - 07:25 AM.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

^omg I remember that concer :( how horrible that delta was heckled :( I do think no wonder delta never came back with that unkind and disgusting response.

It was awful... then the press in the UK got so vicious.... i often wondered then is that why Europe and the UK didnt get a look in during the Delta era.. that she didnt want to put herself out there in the Uk media to be crucified again... but then she lived in the Uk the whole time she was recording the album so i dont know maybe she was over it...

anyways, it's so long ago now and she has moved on from Brian a long while now so I'm sure she can make a fresh bid for Uk/ european success.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

@rachelm - glad to hear that there are no rumors going on!

@greeneyes - Oh wow, completely forgot about that drama! Since Brian nor Kerry were really famous in Germany no one cared about that... whenever I flip through UK magazines Kerry is still popping up - what is she doing anyway nowadays? I thought she only 'sang' on that one Sugababes track?
(Kerry is her name, right? LOL)
Well at least you had a small glimpse at her, haha! ;)

Oh be sure she'll be dating Joel Madden next week! AND his brother.
But honestly, it's hilarious! I even saw two reports on TV! I didn't even care about that stupid rumor because I was just way TOO excited to see Delta on German television LMAO But today it popped up again in some magazines and I was like 'Oh Lord...'....

Oh Kerry lol... i just think she is one very volatile person... i felt sorry for her, but Delta was not the one to be mad at, she just walked innocently into that bitter media war between Brian and Kerry... yeah Kerry did Celebrity Big Brother last year and seems to have her life under control now ...

So these rumours about Seal and Delta are doing the rounds in German media lol.... and i read about this Darren guy hosting the voice and Delta supposedly getting close... yeah Joel Madden better watch out .. he's next lol

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Big Brother, oh my! Buy yeah, good for her that she's better now...

They even called her 'Heidi Klum clone' in one of those magazines (Grazia Germany) and I was there like 'yeah right.'

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I really hope too that she comes to Europe I think that she is still popular in here and she has a lot of fans here that love her,me too :)!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)