Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Junior MasterChef Australia (Season 2)

Junior MasterChef Australia 2011

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Posted Image

Junior MasterChef Australia is back for another year :D We again get to see kids aged 8-12 show their cooking talent to the whole of Australia (and indeed the world). Can they match or even break the standards set by their peers last year?
There are a few changes to the second season:
  • The top 50 kids will compete for 20 spots in the competition (last year 12 places were up for grabs)
  • Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Anna Gare return as judges, but Matt Preston has declined to be involved in the series, stating he wants to concentrate on his duties as a food critic. Preston will be replaced by Matt Moran, who also joined MasterChef Australia season 3 as judge.
  • The season will be shown on Sundays and Mondays only, with the Friday MasterClasses scrapped. Instead guest chefs will become mentors during the competition.
Junior MasterChef Australia starts Sunday September 25 at 7.30pm on Channel Ten and continues on Mondays. It will be shown on WIN WA later this year. The series will then be broadcast in various overseas networks (including Star World) from early 2012.
You are welcome to discuss anything related to this show here :)

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,387 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I''m downloading the Aus episodes from this season.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The first two episodes were great viewing. Obviously the producers are trying everything to freshen up the competition to attract viewers dissatisfied with the adult version earlier this year.

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,387 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I really liked the fist 4 episodes.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Alaska

Alaska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
i can't wait till tonight, coco land, i can just imagine how sick they're all going to eat, throwing kids in a coco land, smart idea.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The kids certainly made great chocolate dishes in tonight's episode. It was hard to tell who was the winner (it was Chandler).

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Tonight's Disneyland episode is the one I have been looking forward to (apart from the top 50 episode featuring Julia Gillard, and the finale), and I was not disappointed.

OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
They'd put on some fantastic dishes.. man those kids can cook...
Some of the recepies I'd like to recreate them...
The kids where extatic about Disney land. They went nuts when they saw the caracters... Good show..

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thrilling finale between Greta and Jack although this was not reflected in the scoring. Greta beat Jack in both rounds to claim the title.
A great series overall.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,795 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Posted Image

Many a Junior MasterChef contestant buckled under the stress of the show’s pressure tests, but for Claremont schoolgirl Greta Yaxley, nothing was harder than keeping her win a secret for several weeks.
The talented 11-year-old, who is in Year 6 at Methodist Ladies’ College, emerged the first Perth winner of the Channel 10 program last night after a hard-fought battle with 12-year-old Queenslander Jack for the 2011 Junior MasterChef title and a $15,000 prize pool.
Greta said she had struggled to keep her mouth shut about her success when her friends quizzed her about the show’s outcome at school.
“I so wanted to tell everyone but obviously I couldn’t,” Greta said.
“I think I got through by just talking to my sisters about it and pretending they were my friends.”
Greta, who impressed the judges with a deconstructed citrus tart with tropical mousse on macadamia nuts and a steamed tian of Queensland spanner crab with bean curd, water chestnuts and junsai on last night’s show, was the favourite to win the reality TV show after winning challenges week after week.
Her first insight into commercial cooking will come when she takes up an opportunity to cook in the kitchen at The Loose Box restaurant in Mundaring in the next few weeks.
Greta says she wants to take up a chef apprenticeship when she finishes school.
"As far as I’m concerned now, I’d definitely like to be a chef,” she said.
Greta, who is also inspired by Jamie Oliver and Justin North, said her lawyer mother Liz, who was with her during filming in Sydney and the US, and family had provided crucial support during the competition.

http://au.news.yahoo...ini-masterchef/

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,387 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Dutch version now airing.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Aww ive just seen this topic! I loved this programme, its just finished on a UK digital channel! Thought all those kids were so talented and unbelievable! Also loved watching them make all these amazing dishes, some ive never heard of before! incredible!

its a shame that this show may not be made anymore though :(

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Junior MasterChef Australia, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users