Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jessica Mauboy

Jessica Mauboy Inescapable Australia

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Has a J-Melly thread really not been created? FOR REAL?

I am a HUGE Jessica Mauboy fan. She wasnt even my fave in the 4th season of Australian Idol (Dean Geyer + Lisa Mitchell were) but she has REALLY proven herself since. and thank god, Australia needs a superstar like her. She joined Young Divas in what now seems like just experience she needed to grasp. THEN she hit us hard with 'Running Back' ft. Flo Rida which remains her biggest selling song to date, despite only peaking at #3. She cemented herself as Australia's newest star with the #1 single 'Burn', title track Been Waiting and successful singles Because, Up/Down and Let Me Be Me. 'Been Waiting' hit 2xPlatinum and was the 2nd biggest album from an Australian artist in 2009, behind Hilltop Hoods.

She then featured in Bran Nue Dae, an amazing Aboriginal musical where she played the very gorgeous bubbly Rosy, also featuring an Australian all-star cast of Geoffrey Rush, Ernie Dingo, Missy Higgins, Magda, Deborah Mailmain, Dan Sultan and male lead Rocky McKenzie. She returned to the music scene with the Snoop Dogg featured 'Get Em Girls' which proved to be a flop. A lipsynced NRL performance, a cheap tacky sleazy film clip and a song about shoes started the era off to a bad start and as article writer Owen Jacques mentions "she pushes the boundary so hard that the fence collapses beneath her". Simply, the song didn't work.

SAVING THE ERA -> the Ludacris featured 'Saturday Night'. AMAZING SONG. Her second highest selling song, it just worked. Great beat, great lyrics... makes me proud to be Australian and shows our ability to make great hits in the R&B field which we as a nation have been seriously lacking. The third single was 'What Happened To Us?' featuring Jay Sean which did well on radio and has a stunning video, with Jess later releasing a duet version with Stan Walker.

Now she's released 4th single attached to the deluxe version of the album, the sizzling banger 'Inescapable'. No Australian music video has made me smile so much and the song is just amazing... can't wait to club to it. The single has peaked at #4 and remained at #2 on the Airplay charts for the last 3 weeks which is an amazing feat. Considering she has songs with 5 of the biggest urban music artists in the world - Flo Rida, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Jay Sean + Iyaz - all artists who have hit #1 in the US in the past 3 years... it is of confusion why she has not even attempted to hit in the US. If I was her I'd combine the best songs from both albums - start with Running Back -> Saturday Night -> Inescapable and I dont see how she wouldnt be a big star in the US. WHY HAS SHE NOT EVEN TRIED!

Anyways, I'm going to see her tour with Stan Walker on January 13 which is at the Revesby (so beneath her!) but I'm determined to go considering I need to see her tour! Anyways - for perhaps international artists who have never heard of her I thought I'd post her current amazing single Inescapable - ENJOY!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,898 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Dean Geyer

Lost respect.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ As if he wasnt great on Idol?? My favourite out of all Idol contestants was Casey Donovan but she turned out to be a great disappointment when releasing music... Stan Walkers doing well for himself, loving his new song Light It Up.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
yeah I've met Jess a few times, shes a nice celeb :) good to see. Love some of her songs :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
love jess :)

OFFLINE   aussiechick007

aussiechick007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Dean Geyer

Lost respect.

Artin

Agreed.

As for Jess, I absolutely LOVED her on Aus Idol, right from the first audition... she's also the only Aus Idol contestant I've ever voted for :D She's a gorgeous and very talented girl, I was also impressed with Bran Nue Dae (which has become one of my favourite movies!), and you're right - she's sure to go far!

However as for her music since Idol, while most of her songs are OK, and definitely have a market, personally I'm a bit disappointed. I'm really not a hiphop/rnb fan and I really hoped Jess wouldn't go that direction... at least keep it more soul directed rather than this slightly trashy style with the US urban hit singers as features...

But I hope she does well with whatever direction she takes and I'll definitely be watching :)
In six thousand years what will this mean, words from the heart or a melody?

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Just reviving this thread :P What a great first post Brad!

Jess is just amazing.. favourite songs would definitely have to be Let Me Be Me, Maze, Inescapable, Like This and Saturday Night. :)

She has a major lead role in the new film The Sapphires, here's a link to a preview!

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I'm a Jess fan as well, I thought she was pretty great on Idol at the time.

I think her debut album was stronger than her follow-up, her debut had heaps of great songs (pretty much all six singles were great). However, I would say 'Inescapable' and 'Galaxy' were a great return to form, both proving to be the hits they deserved to be.

RE: The US

I think they were planning to try and launch her in the US with the second album, but after the reception it got in Australia with 'Get 'Em Girls', I think they canned that idea for the time being. I honestly can't believe Hype Williams ('Stronger', 'Empire State of Mind') directed that dreadful, cheap video.

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
wow thanks for the movie clip. looks really good. any news on an auzzie release date? is it going to cinemas?

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wow, she sang that song amazingly!

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It'll be released in Aus around early August 2012

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
http://www.popsugar....phires-23179045

the premiere!

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
http://www.heraldsun...62053157?page=1

OFFLINE   ashley

ashley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
you should totes join artin's jessica mauboy forum

Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
haha i already have

OFFLINE   ashley

ashley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
oh lol :P

jess looked stunning at cannes :wub:

Posted Image

OFFLINE   I love Delta

I love Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Jess is cool as!!!!!! I love her, just not as much as delta though.... :blush: :blush:

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Jess and Stan in the Ch 9 Olympics TV ad:

Pretty cool!

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
New single coming out, presumably from the Sapphires soundtrack as well!

Jessica Mauboy@jessicamauboy

WHOOHOO new single coming out guys called 'GOTCHA' making the music video on Thursday very close!!

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
amazing news for jess!

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226434026831

Simon and Jess enjoy fun day of Idol chatterby: AMY HARRIS SYDNEY CONFIDENTIAL From: The Daily Telegraph July 24, 2012 12:00AM

YOU know you've made it when you're invited to Simon Cowell's house in Beverly Hills. Such was the case yesterday for Aussie chanteuse-on-the-rise Jessica Mauboy, who is continuing what is undoubtedly her best year ever.
Jessica Mauboy meets with Simon Cowell in Beverly Hills. Picture: Snapper Media Source: Supplied
..She popped by Cowell's Californian compound for a "business meeting" as part of her LA rounds.

It's understood the Gotcha singer is a favourite of talent-show tycoon Cowell, who first spotted Mauboy in her Australian Idol days.

Since then she has returned to his radar with her star turn in the upcoming Aussie musical The Sapphires, which was the darling of the Cannes Film Festival this year and earned the praise of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Of her visit to Casa Cowell, Mauboy tweeted: "Just sat in the house and had a chat with one of the most powerful men in the music industry!!:)."

And she's not wrong. Cowell is presiding over the world's biggest music act, boy band One Direction.

Mauboy's rep David Champion confirmed the meeting yesterday, saying: "Simon Cowell heard Jess was going to be in LA to do some recording and he reached out.

"He has seen the film and wanted to meet her, hear her music, see her videos, and find out who she is.

"Jess played her new single Gotcha and he said it would be a hit all over the world.

"We sat in his beautiful, incredible house and he looked Jess in the eye and said you have something going on. He is one of the great talent spotters in the world. My sense is that he had a sense this girl has something unique."

Mauboy is also believed to have met with US songwriting superstar Diane Warren later in the day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jessica Mauboy, Inescapable, Australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users