Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

new article online about Delta and her music

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Oh and Brad you could go on a Drake forum and say "he can't act" or "he sucked in this and that".. I don't see anything wrong with that if you did do that tbh, you can still be a fan and dislike something someone has done! You just have to be respectful about it and Jane was respectful with her own opinion!

Brad was respectful. He never said you're not allowed to dislike it. Just gave his opinion, which he is entitled to. As are you and everyone else.

No one is shoving their opinions down others throat, they're just expressing them.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,753 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Title name aside, do you reckon its a good song? I'm not sure. I was saying to another forumer that I have the idea it could be a boring song. Something that none of us can relate to... I'm just not feeling good about this song.

Bernadette - We established I was wrong but I wanted to state my reasons why I liked the album, lets move on.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I don't like the title, but it's the song that matters. Hopefully we find out soon.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 507 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
This entire thread.......

Posted Image

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Title name aside, do you reckon its a good song? I'm not sure. I was saying to another forumer that I have the idea it could be a boring song. Something that none of us can relate to... I'm just not feeling good about this song.

Omg I thought the exact same thing. I get the vibe it's going to be boring. One of those boring half assed songs with piano music and maybe one or two good lyrical lines out of the whole song and those lines will be about 2 minutes into the song so you have to listen to all of it to hear the only good part.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

You're allowed to and I'm allowed to write an essay on why I think otherwise. You can ignore that if you like. I dont appreciate childish snickering by you and Eissa for talking about something I wanna talk about. It wasnt an attack, I wasnt saying 'You are wrong'. I was just stating my opinion on why I thought the album was great whereas you thought it was horrible. If you cared to read it you will see that I said I didnt like 4 of the songs - I dont think she is perfect and I never said she was. I loved Drake in the Amanda Show as Totally Kyle, me and my friends still joke around and do that. But I never really watched Drake + Josh and no one really knows about him in Australia. When I said I dont have an opinon I didnt mean that I dont like him.

Woah, woah, woah, don't even drag me into this. I love that album. Always have and will do forever.

Standing On Top of the World is a mouthful but so was My Life Would Suck Without You.

Posted Image

OMG STOP TRYING TO MAKE XTINA HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
J/K

Edited by Eissa, 14 September 2011 - 01:47 PM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,753 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Omg I thought the exact same thing. I get the vibe it's going to be boring. One of those boring half assed songs with piano music and maybe one or two good lyrical lines out of the whole song and those lines will be about 2 minutes into the song so you have to listen to all of it to hear the only good part.

haha isnt it funny that we think we know what the song is like from just the title! i think it'll show off her vocals but ugh, just not loving the title at all.

You're allowed to and I'm allowed to write an essay on why I think otherwise. You can ignore that if you like. I dont appreciate childish snickering by you and Eissa for talking about something I wanna talk about. It wasnt an attack, I wasnt saying 'You are wrong'. I was just stating my opinion on why I thought the album was great whereas you thought it was horrible. If you cared to read it you will see that I said I didnt like 4 of the songs - I dont think she is perfect and I never said she was. I loved Drake in the Amanda Show as Totally Kyle, me and my friends still joke around and do that. But I never really watched Drake + Josh and no one really knows about him in Australia. When I said I dont have an opinon I didnt mean that I dont like him.

Woah, woah, woah, don't even drag me into this. I love that album. Always have and will do forever.

Standing On Top of the World is a mouthful but so was My Life Would Suck Without You.

OMG STOP TRYING TO MAKE XTINA HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
J/K

My bad. Yeah but at least 'My Life Would Suck Without You' was a good song, you could tell it was good before you heard it.

I cant see myself liking 'Standing On Top Of The World'. I just dont get the right vibe from it.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

My bad. Yeah but at least 'My Life Would Suck Without You' was a good song, you could tell it was good before you heard it. I cant see myself liking 'Standing On Top Of The World'. I just dont get the right vibe from it.

Honestly, I thought MLWSWY was going to be a sad attempt at a poppy-perky song after the darkness that was 'My December' and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm withholding judgment until there is confirmation that SOTOTW (lol) is the lead single but if it's anywhere in the up-tempo, power-ballad territory, I think she should be good.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,753 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I never even considered it to be an uptempo power ballad! Power ballads are epic... hope you are right :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
I like the title *blush*

It sounds anthemic and gutsy. I'm imagining a continuation of 'Brave Face'!

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

but ballad's what delta does best! think about BTT, LWY, NMNI, BA... i think ballad's her strong point, her vocals will carry ballads and make people FEEL!!! can't wait if it's real! thank Artin for keeping us up to date!

I agree that ballad's are her strong point, but ballad's don't work as singles, especially lead singles. She needs a fun, up tempo first single if she is going to have any success this era.

She should follow Adele's lead. If she releases an upbeat song as her first single it should be something like Rolling in the Deep/In This Life - upbeat but still true to her. Not something like YWOBMH... that would totally, 100% SUCK. And it would flop.

^ I agree I really dont like the title. I reckon once it becomes an actual single it'd be changed to 'Top of the World' which sounds a lot better.

But we arent even sure this will be the comeback single

I actually really don't like the title. It reminds me of The Saddle Club's song "On Top Of The World" - corny and aimed at like, 12 year olds. As a first single it should be something complex, metaphoric, interesting and catchy... but still true to her as an artist.

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Every time I think of Standing On Top of the World, for some reason the song Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae comes into my head.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,753 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I love that song.

I found out that Olly Murs - who has been working with Delta's producer John Shanks - wrote a song called 'Standing On Top Of The World' with Paul Barry who wrote Almost Here and bonus track Right Here In My Heart. Its possible this might be the same track... who knows

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users