Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

new article online about Delta and her music

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I agree with Adam that ballads are coming back right now. Look at Adele right now. She is HUGE, with possibly one of the best albums of the year right now. I don't expect any promotion from it, but I really think Delta should at least release "Innocent Eyes" and "Mistaken Identity" to USA iTunes, which is filled with a lot of ballads. I have felt that she needed to do this for years.

I wanna know who this source is about the single. When saying "From someone well placed" I wonder how big her source is.

And moving on to Brad's discussion about the sales of the album on iTunes. In the U.S., when you buy a single and the album is released time later, your purchase credits you towards the album. It creates incentive for customers to buy the whole album at a lower price. And they also remove the single version and leave only the album which I suppose increases sales there also. Does Australian iTunes do this? And if not, maybe that is why sales were lower?

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Imo, I'm not suprised that the Delta album didn't do well because it was horrible. Aside from a few songs, it wasn't great at all, and it didn't deserve to have an incredible amount of success because frankly, it wasn't good. I'm hoping her next album will be better...it wouldn't take much.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I agree with Adam that ballads are coming back right now. Look at Adele right now. She is HUGE, with possibly one of the best albums of the year right now. I don't expect any promotion from it, but I really think Delta should at least release "Innocent Eyes" and "Mistaken Identity" to USA iTunes, which is filled with a lot of ballads. I have felt that she needed to do this for years.

I wanna know who this source is about the single. When saying "From someone well placed" I wonder how big her source is.

And moving on to Brad's discussion about the sales of the album on iTunes. In the U.S., when you buy a single and the album is released time later, your purchase credits you towards the album. It creates incentive for customers to buy the whole album at a lower price. And they also remove the single version and leave only the album which I suppose increases sales there also. Does Australian iTunes do this? And if not, maybe that is why sales were lower?

I'm sure that Delta will release her two first albums digitally in the US soon enough but if people really wanna listen to her earlier music, they can easily pirate it... its the 21st century.

I was talking specifically about singles on iTunes but yes we have the 'Complete the Album' feature but album downloads are extremely low in Australia. They are on the rise but most people prefer to buy the CD, or download it illegally as shown by the dramatic decrease in accreditation. Ten years ago a successful album would hit 5xP and the more successful albums would go beyond that. In the past five years, a successful album is 2xP and a more successful album is 3xP, with only the rare one or two that surpass that. As of this year, even reaching Platinum

Adele is single-handedly reviving the music industry. 21 has clocked up 17 weeks at #1 SO FAR which is the longest running album since Innocent Eyes at 7xP. I'm expecting the album to get even bigger as we head into Christmas and see it potentially even surpassing or coming close to Innocent Eyes as rumours are that she'll tour in 2012. But she is the exception, not the rule as 2xP is the biggest an album reaches nowadays with the exception of Adele and the biggest seller of 2010 - Pink's Greatest Hits at 5xP at #1 for 13 consecutive weeks from highest sales period November-February.

So if the 4th album even just hits Platinum, thats a success. Seriously - that is what the music landscape is like nowadays. I'm not even saying the album will hit Platinum, but I can expect Gold sales.

Imo, I'm not suprised that the Delta album didn't do well because it was horrible. Aside from a few songs, it wasn't great at all, and it didn't deserve to have an incredible amount of success because frankly, it wasn't good. I'm hoping her next album will be better...it wouldn't take much.

I never said it didn't do well. It was the Highest Selling Album by an Australian Artist for the 2008 ARIA period, it went to #1, stayed in the Top 10 for 3 months, reached 3xP which as I discussed above indicates a very successful album. My question was why it was so incredibly high from late October-February but then just dropped off the charts after that.

The album was not horrible. In This Life, Believe Again, I Can't Break It To My Heart, Brave Face, One Day, Angels In The Room, God Laughs, You Will Only Break My Heart - All Great songs. Then I'd put Bare Hands and Possessionless as okay songs that I wouldn't have put on the album. Then The Guardian and Woman which were not needed at all. But 8 great songs + 4 okay songs makes for a great album, and definitely not horrible. But of course music is about opinions and if you think is horrible then that is your opinion. Personally I loved the album and all the 'great' songs I mentioned were my faves at one point or another, and I loved them in different ways. God Laughs remains one of my main life lessons, ITL is a great upbeat song, Believe Again is the song that I strive to be but I just dont believe in love, ICBITMH is Delta at her best-vulnerable and passionate, Brave Face has stunning vocals and is empowering in the face of negativity, One Day has a great beat, YWOBMH is a very catchy song and Angels In The Room is just special.

For some reason, Possessionless just disappoints me. The way she sings it is so mundane and whilst I appreciate the message of the song, it just didnt work for me. I also feel like Bare Hands had a great message as well but didnt work for her either. Ive just always resented Guardian + Woman because they werent written by Delta but the Guardian deserves its place as it really showcases her voice and gives off that 'Celine Dion' vibe people want from her.

Cause thats the void Delta could fill in the music industry, the big vocalist like Celine Dion... its what people want. And even if people dont like your music, they still cant fault your voice and I really think thats what Delta's music needs to be. Strong on the vocals... its why Adele is killing it, on top of her passionate emotive music. I'm sure Delta has written her music that way... only time will tell. 3 months actually! I have so much to do in the next 3 months in my personal life but once this uni semester is finished my life will be less intense and I'll only have 2 subjects to go until end of my degree (as opposed to the normal 4) and I can hopefully see Delta when she performs and AH! so exciting.

I am sure this album will be better. NOT because it took longer to write... I dont think that is a reason at all considering Mistaken Identity took the least amount of time to write and thats my fave album of Deltas. But because I think Delta has finally truly found her voice. Since the last album, in her live shows you could REALLY see an improvement... like massively, and the progression shows that she knows what to do next. What type of song that will sound great live. And then you see her experience with Andrea Bocelli, working with one of the most famous classical vocalists of our generation... surely that gives her motivation to be an outstanding vocalist. Then you take 'Im Not Ready' which is exactly what I want from Delta. Honest lyrics, epic instrumental build up and strong vocals. I really think she is going to kill it with this next album

Sure, I have extremely high expectations for Delta but only because I know what she is capable of.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Mmm I think - DELTA the album was my least fave - But I disagree Brad - not causing arguments or fights - I loved POSSESSIONLESS. It was probably my second fave song on the album after Brave Face. I just think that album was more miss than hit. Where as MI had probably 11 - 12/14 great songs, DELTA only had 6/12 IMO. I loved MI and I hope Delta can come back with a big strong album like that. I think her best music has come from that period of writing. I think Beautiful madness (OOTB b side) was an incredibly amazing song - it makes me feel so happy and alive each time I listen to it.

I just want an album! with good strong catchy songs - that does well for Delta. Because she is a truly amazing singer. They are becoming harder and harder to find. I think something that Delta has which many artists nowadays dont is staying power. I reckon that in 40 years time we'll all be on here still - talking about Delta's 30th album. I honestly believe she will be making music forever - because her music is not suited to a niche market IMO!

Edited by Adam :), 13 September 2011 - 11:14 AM.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I'm sure that Delta will release her two first albums digitally in the US soon enough but if people really wanna listen to her earlier music, they can easily pirate it... its the 21st century.

The album was not horrible. In This Life, Believe Again, I Can't Break It To My Heart, Brave Face, One Day, Angels In The Room, God Laughs, You Will Only Break My Heart - All Great songs.

I'm hoping she releases them soon. It would have been great if they were released right after Dancing with the Stars and they might have charted like DELTA was.

And I agree with most of your post Brad about the album DELTA. I agree that it isn't horrible, that the majority had great songs, just like all the other albums. People have their own opinion, but I think most Delta fans wouldn't call it a horrible album and would find some songs to be happy with.

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I don't get why because I said I didn't like the album it deserved an essay response...

AMPY2BF.png

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I don't get why because I said I didn't like the album it deserved an essay response...

OH SNAAAAAAP!

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Ooh wow thanks for the post! How exciting :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Freedom of speech. If I feel I wanna say something, I can. It annoyed me you said it was horrible when the album means so much to me personally. Its like saying 'Drake Bell is a waste of time' when clearly he means something to you.

Posted Image

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Freedom of speech. If I feel I wanna say something, I can. It annoyed me you said it was horrible when the album means so much to me personally. Its like saying 'Drake Bell is a waste of time' when clearly he means something to you.

Right, but I'm not going to write an essay shoving my feelings about how much I love Drake down your throat because everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You can hate him. Idgaf.

Edited by x_LastNightOnEarth_x, 14 September 2011 - 12:47 PM.

AMPY2BF.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
See I can hate him but I wouldnt go on to a Drake forum and say 'He cant act'... thats stupid. Do you see my point?

I dont really have an opinion on him fyi

Posted Image

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I like Delta, but I'm allowed to think that she has flaws. I'm allowed to think that not everything she does is perfect. I'm allowed to admit I don't like an album.

lmao, whatever. I don't really care. I like him a lot, other people don't, and that's how the world works.

Edited by x_LastNightOnEarth_x, 14 September 2011 - 01:04 PM.

AMPY2BF.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
You're allowed to and I'm allowed to write an essay on why I think otherwise. You can ignore that if you like.

I dont appreciate childish snickering by you and Eissa for talking about something I wanna talk about. It wasnt an attack, I wasnt saying 'You are wrong'. I was just stating my opinion on why I thought the album was great whereas you thought it was horrible.

If you cared to read it you will see that I said I didnt like 4 of the songs - I dont think she is perfect and I never said she was.

I loved Drake in the Amanda Show as Totally Kyle, me and my friends still joke around and do that. But I never really watched Drake + Josh and no one really knows about him in Australia. When I said I dont have an opinon I didnt mean that I dont like him.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I really cbf looking through the four pages because I'm a lazy ass like that.

Standing On Top Of The World. - I really don't like the song title...it doesn't sound like an awesome hit...but I'm not gonna judge a song by it's title.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I agree I really dont like the title. I reckon once it becomes an actual single it'd be changed to 'Top of the World' which sounds a lot better.

But we arent even sure this will be the comeback single

Posted Image

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

You're allowed to and I'm allowed to write an essay on why I think otherwise. You can ignore that if you like.

I dont appreciate childish snickering by you and Eissa for talking about something I wanna talk about. It wasnt an attack, I wasnt saying 'You are wrong'. I was just stating my opinion on why I thought the album was great whereas you thought it was horrible.

If you cared to read it you will see that I said I didnt like 4 of the songs - I dont think she is perfect and I never said she was.

I loved Drake in the Amanda Show as Totally Kyle, me and my friends still joke around and do that. But I never really watched Drake + Josh and no one really knows about him in Australia. When I said I dont have an opinon I didnt mean that I dont like him.

And I don't appreciate the way you state your opinions. You may not mean to come across that way, but you come across as very condescending and as though anyone who doesn't share your view is dead wrong.

Ha, it's fine. Imo, he's a better musician than actor but more people know him for his acting.

AMPY2BF.png

OFFLINE   violetion

violetion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
cool it brad pitt. p.s. i thought tree of life sucked
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
WTF, what does Jane liking Drake have to do with anything? This is a Delta forum.. all she was doing was saying how she didn't like the Delta album (which I totally agree with her, imo the album sucked)

Oh and Brad you could go on a Drake forum and say "he can't act" or "he sucked in this and that".. I don't see anything wrong with that if you did do that tbh, you can still be a fan and dislike something someone has done! You just have to be respectful about it and Jane was respectful with her own opinion!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

And I don't appreciate the way you state your opinions. You may not mean to come across that way, but you come across as very condescending and as though anyone who doesn't share your view is dead wrong.

Ha, it's fine. Imo, he's a better musician than actor but more people know him for his acting.

You're right, I'm sorry. It isn't intended believe me :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

^ I agree I really dont like the title. I reckon once it becomes an actual single it'd be changed to 'Top of the World' which sounds a lot better.

But we arent even sure this will be the comeback single

We can only hope that it will get changed to that! It feels like 'Standing On Top Of The World' is just too much of a mouthful..and people would shorten it anyway..

2cfz51j.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users