Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

new article online about Delta and her music

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   angel_bonzai

angel_bonzai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
UPDATE:

Received an email from Delta’s team, “[...] Delta is indeed in the studio with John Shanks but no single has yet been confirmed.”

Artin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this today surfing the net,....

link
http://www.dailytele...9-1226133779665

contents...

Will Delta Goodrem be able to reclaim her place in the Australian music charts with her new single?

SHE was once Australia's sweetheart, before it all started going wrong.

Now with Delta Goodrem's first single in years, Standing On Top Of The World, tentatively due for release before Christmas, which reunites her with hit maker producer/songwriter, John Shanks, the big question is whether she will be able to reclaim her place in the Australian music charts.

After all, Goodrem's last number one was In This Life back in 2007 when many of her younger competition were still at school.

The former soapie star hasn't been in a hurry to fill the gap, spending so long in LA "working" on her fourth studio album (which was due out this year), that even the most understanding of Sony executives has been frustrated by the lack of product.

It was almost getting to the point of Sony severing ties with the 26-year-old. She kept ignoring their pleas to get back into the studio with talent they had lined up for her in order to run off to Asia with her new 18-year-old lover, Nick Jonas.

There is some irony in this with those around her urging her to dump former "accident prone" fiancee Brian McFadden, whom they perceived as detrimental to her image and work ethic.

Thankfully, Goodrem is once again working and co-writing songs with Shanks, the creative force behind her last hit album.

Shanks rose to fame after he co-wrote and produced Melissa Etheridge's 1999 album, Breakdown and has since worked with a slew of big names including Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow and on Hilary Duff's hit single, Come Clean.

Goodrem, who has been influenced by Stevie Nicks in the past, has been thriving on this creative reunion while Sony executives back in Australia have gone from despair to excitement at her renewed drive.

In the meantime, she has severed ties with Jo Grogan, her manager of nearly five years who is also very close to former fiancee McFadden, whom she also manages. Maybe it was simply a conflict of interest.

Goodrem has had a turbulent love life in the past including a nine-month relationship with playboy tennis player Mark Philippoussis.

She became engaged to McFadden in November 2007 but caused a major scandal when she was spotted partying with him in Melbourne instead of performing the National Anthem at the 2009 Australian Grand Prix. (She had called in sick).

Meantime, her long-term engagement to McFadden was increasingly seen as a non-event with nothing even being organised for the wedding. (They both protested that they were too busy).

Now with Goodrem concentrating on chart success again, it will be fascinating to know whether her relationship with her tween star boyfriend will help or hinder her in the important US market.

Edited by Artin, 11 September 2011 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks to thaisdramaqueen for making me this beautiful sig!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Delta's new song is called Standing On Top Of The World. Wait, what?! Did I misread it?!

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
WHY IS NO ONE ELSE ONLINE!?!?!?!?!??!!! THIS IS HUGE. WTF. HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP.

ARTIN
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 418 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
This is such exciting news. Quick question, how reliable is The Sunday Telegraph? I know there is some site that Australians don't trust. Is this it?

And Artin, if you want more people on here, maybe you should tweet the link to this thread.

Edited by skinny_bones4, 11 September 2011 - 01:35 AM.

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
THIS IS HUGEEEEEEE NEWS!

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
Although the news that Sony were considering severing ties with Delta and her ignoring studio-time for Nick Jonas does make me indeed very very sad!!! Hopefully it's just media spin to make a more interesting story. Let's hope it's not something the rest of Australian press decide to pick up on when Delta does indeed return to promote... I would hate to kick the era off with bad publicity already!

Edited by bryndavis, 11 September 2011 - 01:42 AM.

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

WHY IS NO ONE ELSE ONLINE!?!?!?!?!??!!! THIS IS HUGE. WTF. HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP.

ARTIN

Artin, you should be the one helping us! :P

The fact that we have a single title definitely sounds promising.
Of course it could all be made up, but I highly doubt that.
It reminds me when the title 'In This Life' was first revealed in a news article - does anyone know if it was the Daily Telegraph?
Anyway, even though the article sounds quite negative, it is a positive sign that at least something will be happening this year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Lol. I've emailed everyone I know at Sony and Delta's team. It's the weekend, don't expect a reply soon :(

Edit: Just received an email.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

ONLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
What did it say what did it say!!!

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yay, just saw this on twitter. :) I'm going to try to retweet to everyone I think should know.

The first sentence was pretty negative. How did it it start going wrong? I thought I was going to read some very very bad news in the article. When I continued to read, I realized that it's just the papers attempt at drama ^_^

The song title is just wow, sounds promising.

Isn't Delta performing this weekend in California?
Posted Image

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
omg omg omggggggggggggggg this is exciting

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
If this is true.....

Then 1st single early December, which means we should hear it in November!

Then second single and album in February?

If they did it like this, it would mirror how Adele's latest album was launched and we all know how that worked out! First single before Christmas to create buzz and then second single and album in a quiet part of the year as to capture plenty of attention!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Sorry, I'm waiting for a reply from them.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Received an email from Delta’s team, “[...] Delta is indeed in the studio with John Shanks but no single has yet been confirmed.”

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
Oh.... what a shame! Well, there may be some truth in it still but they just don't want it announced like this. Seems too random for the writer to make up!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It does seem random for them to make the title up, but I don't see Sony or Delta wanting the song to be announced in a negative article like that!

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
Perhaps someone let the cat out of the bag about a song she's recently done with John Shanks and the article writer has ran with it to make a stronger story. The single before Christmas rumour we have of course heard before from that Sanity thing, but it's nice to hear it reinforced.

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,494 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Now I think we'll have a single by Christmas! Thanks for posting! xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users