Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I cant break it to my heart is covered by Welsh opera singer!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,562 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Delta's gorgeous song 'I cant break it to my heart' is the first single off Katherine Jenkins's new album out in the UK on 10/10! She's a Welsh opera singer who is quite popular in the UK so it's great exposure for Delta! Just heard the world exclusive play of it on BBC Radio 2 and the music and backing track is pretty much identical to Delta's version!

Hopefully it will soon be uploaded onto Youtube ... share what you think! xxx

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think that this is awesome!

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,798 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Good exposure :) When the album is out Katherine should send a copy to Delta :)

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Thanks for the heads up, can't wait for it to be uploaded
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,918 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Wow that's interesting! Not sure if it will bring Delta much exposure though as it'll be promoted just her Katherine's song, rather than anyone saying it was written by Delta after each airplay - but we can hope!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Michelle

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Yeah, someone tweeted me about it. Hmmm. I'm sure it will never top Delta's version. Yes, I'm bias.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Artin, Never Say Never :)
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Never.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,918 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I've got Radio 2 on now just in case they play it!

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
the podcast is now online: http://www.bbc.co.uk...onsole/b0140fdl it starts around 2.05.40

I hate katerine's version

Artin you were right it will never top Delta's

Edited by In_This_Life, 06 September 2011 - 12:22 AM.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I'm going to take a listen :)

Although why did they take off the 'I Can't'

Her version is ok :)

Edited by claire lou, 06 September 2011 - 12:20 AM.

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
It does sound very similar to Delta's version, which is a shame, as I'd like to have heard Katherine "opera" it up a bit.
I can't see it being a huge hit, as Katherine isn't really a pop artist, but from the sound this, maybe she's moving in that direction.

I really hope there's a video for this with a good storyline, as Delta's was a bit of a let-down.

Edited by Jason, 06 September 2011 - 12:27 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
LOL. Sounds horrible to be honest. Omg. I started laughing straight away. I was going to post it on DD but after listening to it, I'm not going to bother.

I'm a horrible person.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,752 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Kinda reminded me of Toni Braxton doing a man like cover of Woman... really shows off how great Delta is in comparison haha

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Kinda reminded me of Toni Braxton doing a man like cover of Woman... really shows off how great Delta is in comparison haha

LOL! Yeah, I remember that. That was just horrible. We all thought she sounded like a man.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   innocenteyes

innocenteyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I love katherine jenkins! This is a complete let down tho, she has an amazing voice but doesnt same to use any of the power she has. Delta's version is a thousands times better, i believe every word she sings.
Thanks for the info.

OFFLINE   pianist_Louise

pianist_Louise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Yeah, someone tweeted me about it. Hmmm. I'm sure it will never top Delta's version. Yes, I'm bias.

Artin

i believe that was me lol, i posted my topic just before noticing this topic, it's my fault Katherine's singing Delta's song, i did suggest a claboration too but not sure if that'll happen Kathrine is on a 'daydream' tour from jan 2012 so i think Delta could be her special guest (if she's free) and play the piano for katherines version and do her own little set and maybe add a duet in there too :D

the only difference is the title is shortened to 'break it to my heart' http://www.bbc.co.uk...uce_05_09_2011/ its about 2hr 5min 40secs in. katherine will be performing in australia again with placido domingo www.katherinejenkins.co.uk for info. it's been ages since i've been on delta forums (DG4EVA) blame work and twitter for that.

i'm not sure how familiar you are with classical music and katherine so here's a bit of info she attained grade 8 in piano and singing and won a scholarship to the royal academy of music, she won 2 concecutive classical brit awards for her 2nd and 3rd album her 1st album was released the same year as the 2nd so that was in the same year album of the year. her 1st 3 albums broke records as they were simultaniously number 1,2 and 3 in the classical chart she one of the UK's biggest selling artists.

she's another Delta not just in talent and record sales but personality too and the fan appreciation thing. she wanted suggestions for her new album so i said do a Delta one, my main suggestion was together we are one but i said there are so many she could chose from. i'm intrigued now as to why she picked that one, hopefully when her new album 'Daydream' is out on october 10th she'll have some singings again and i'll ask her. we've met 3 times already.

let me and @kathjenkins know what you think i'm sure she'd love to hear from Delta fans, not sure if Delta has heard it yet or wether they've met (Katherines last album believe was with david foster so that could be a cnnection point) but i tweeted Delta this morning to ask if she's heard it

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I don't think that Jenkins' version is bad. I feel that Goodrem puts more emotion in the song and I think I enjoy hearing Delta's version more then K. Jenkins version. I think it would have been a little more interesting if she had put her own spin on the Delta song!

Edited by Memories, 06 September 2011 - 01:43 AM.

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   pianist_Louise

pianist_Louise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I can't seem to find it. When I click on the links that fans have provided it simply says "...now closed!" If anyone finds an open link such as one on her website or another alternative please post it here as I would love to hear Jenkins' version!

have you tried my link :)

OFFLINE   pianist_Louise

pianist_Louise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

LOL. Sounds horrible to be honest. Omg. I started laughing straight away. I was going to post it on DD but after listening to it, I'm not going to bother.

I'm a horrible person.

Artin

what no way, i'm sure you're not horrible its just it's Delta's song; am i right? i love it! equally as much as Delta's i might add, i was expecting it to be sung in her classical voice but her last single Tell me i'm not dreaming was sung with a more pop voice which i did say to katherine sounded like a song Delta would write with the beautiful piano and rhythm section in the instrumentation. she is a classical crossover singer so she doesn't sing all pop songs in a classical voice. i love katherine and Delta :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users