Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Nick's Love Saved Her Life - J-14 Mag <Merged>

this article is bs J-14 Magazine

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for posting.

Some funny posts there :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,562 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Oh psh. Delta found a steady baby-sitting job in a tough economy, especially when she's not releasing music. That is all. Everybody rejoice.

:lol: Best post of the day!

Such a horrible article. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on Twitter. And all the Nick fans are like OMG NICK IS AMAZING!!!!!11111111

Artin

:lol: Delta fans are the best thanks for the laugh! Ridiculous article by the way! :wacko: xxx

OFFLINE   Steph

Steph

• Premium Members
  • 24 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Who wrote that article? A four year old!
I agree as far as articles go that is a bad one!
The doctors and medicine saved Delta and I believe Delta's will to fight it and live!
As she has often said the support she had and the love around her and her music helped her through....

I LOVE DELTA

delta_goodrem @suchbeauty HI :) Darlinn Thankyou for all your beautiful tweets :) They bring sunshine to my days~ i send you much love & Light! xxx
in reply to StephSuchBeauty

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Let the silence be heard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
:mellow:

.... It's just like Brian and the Poo never existed haha.

Lame article is lame.

No matter where the seasons fall
No matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

Posted Image

OFFLINE   in_your_eyes

in_your_eyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Nick's diabetes was pretty serious though. While once it is discovered it can be treated, when he was diagnosed his blood sugar was near fatal levels. He's spoken many times about how the doctors told him if he'd waited even a week more, he more than likely could have slipped into a coma and died.

I know diabetes can be managed, but it does seriously affect your life. Even if you stay on top of it and manage it, you're going to have a lower life expectancy than if you didn't have it just because it does damage things like your circulatory system, And you never get a break from it--there's no remission. Even a single moment of inattention to it can cause you serious problems.

Right, and I understand this, but this article makes Nick out to be a hero because of it. Many people do what he does each day and aren't considered in high regard for it. It just annoys me because of that.

Many people may do what he does every day and aren't considered in as you say 'high regard', you're right. However many people go through cancer and do not get the support that Delta got. I am not criticising either comment here but I think it's a classic case of the media's spin on a situation that they clearly have not put it across as the facts but rather a dramatic blown up story.

Edited by in_your_eyes, 12 August 2011 - 11:12 PM.

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I have now made it a habit to pick up all the teen magazines and browse through them while I am shopping for food. Because every issue consists of Nick and Delta and their relationship. Most I have seen are just corner articles that like to stir the pot. But this new one was a two page article consisting of many pics we have seen, with a article pretty much saying that Delta was in constant fear of her cancer returning until Nick showed up. I took several photos, the one below showing the whole thing.

Sorry about the photos being choppy and low quality. I'm planning on going back to get the original copy and making scans. The bottom photo has a better look at the text.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From what I read, I was not a fan of the article. It made Delta out to be some helpless person that overcame her cancer, but was constantly worried about it returning and then Nick comes around and all those thoughts went away. Let us not forget people that she was cancer free and not in worries when she was dating Brian. I just wonder what they will have to say next month.

But a question did come to my mind when reading this? Could this really be a tactic with Delta's team to try and get sympathy for her and help increase sales in the USA before her new album? From what I can tell, there has been no increase in Delta's sales in the USA, but would they actually sell out a very personal story to help promote the old/new album?

Edited by skinny_bones4, 31 August 2011 - 02:46 AM.

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Very interesting.. Thank you for posting this!

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I just noticed that someone had already posted this earlier this month. They had the full article in text. You can read it here: http://deltadaily.co...d-nick-in-j-14/

Sorry for posting this again! But at least there are pictures of the article for you to see.

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I hate this article. I watched her Andrew Denton interview again a couple of weeks ago and she was saying 'I never thought why me' this article is just so not her. I would really hope this isn't her team trying to get her name out just because of the cancer surely Delta would want to be known for her music. I hate how they make her out to be so timid. Sure she's going to be worried about her health, cancer is a serious thing but she's not just going to stop worrying because she meets Nick its going to be with her for her whole life.

/rant.

Edited by katie_, 31 August 2011 - 03:35 AM.

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I just noticed that someone had already posted this earlier this month. They had the full article in text. You can read it here: http://deltadaily.co...d-nick-in-j-14/

Sorry for posting this again! But at least there are pictures of the article for you to see.

Everyone makes mistakes! Don't worry! :) I know there's a lot of people who found this article at least now.

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This is a tabloid magazine. They cut and paste past interviews and make up their own article around them.

As of today, Delta has never spoken to the media about her relationship with Nick Jonas. Never count "a source" as a real person.
Delta as anyone who has eyes can see is a strong woman who has gone through a lot but she is not defined by the cancer. This article makes her seem like some weakling, an image that is foreign to most fans. She is defined by her self assured, sparkling and radiant personality and amazing talent.

There is some weird thing going on to somehow link NIck and Delta with diseases as the only way they could have bonded. Funny how there are no articles about how Delta's love helped NIck with his diabetes.

Sorry but, I'm pretty sure that the minute Delta walked in the recording studio, NIck was probably blown away by her beauty, energy and talent. It's a no brainer to see what they have in common and the only reason some refuse to see it is the age difference.

That is all.

ETA that Delta will be known by her music. Those defining her by other things have an agenda.

Edited by fredandadele, 31 August 2011 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   sammijonas

sammijonas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
that magazine is crap, its for 10 year olds haaaha. all its good for is pictures

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,562 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Thanks for posting the pics! xxx

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
the title of the article is very deceiving. 'How Nick saved her life'.
Err, she only starting Nick this year and she recovered from her cancer years ago...
Nick is not some superhero in a costume, like they are making it out to be. She got through cancer with help from her family and friends years ago

Edited by DeltaFan, 31 August 2011 - 09:48 AM.

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think we should remove this all together! The article has no accuracy and nothing good to say about her. Why post a negitive article about Delta Goodrem on a Delta Goodrem fansite? I understand it is about Delta Goodrem however, it has been posted twice (multiple times!) and is still just as awful the second time around! Nick Jonas has nothing to do with her journey thru cancer and I don't think we should be supporting the article by posting it on this fansite! Honestly, at this point she is not known as a musical talent from Austrailia. Delta Goodrem is.... "Nick Jonas' older girlfriend" and I am hoping that will change in time becuase everyone knows that Delta Goodrem would want to be known for the music she creates and not what has happened in her past nor who she is dating! :)

"They don't define who I am
I don't think anything can...."

Edited by Memories, 31 August 2011 - 11:26 AM.

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for the post. I haven't seen this.

Delta could only have found strength in her previous bf I believe :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

the title of the article is very deceiving. 'How Nick saved her life'.
Err, she only starting Nick this year and she recovered from her cancer years ago...
Nick is not some superhero in a costume, like they are making it out to be. She got through cancer with help from her family and friends years ago

Agreed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I think we should remove this all together! The article has no accuracy and nothing good to say about her. Why post a negitive article about Delta Goodrem on a Delta Goodrem fansite? I understand it is about Delta Goodrem however, it has been posted twice (multiple times!) and is still just as awful the second time around! Nick Jonas has nothing to do with her journey thru cancer and I don't think we should be supporting the article by posting it on this fansite! Honestly, at this point she is not known as a musical talent from Austrailia. Delta Goodrem is.... "Nick Jonas' older girlfriend" and I am hoping that will change in time becuase everyone knows that Delta Goodrem would want to be known for the music she creates and not what has happened in her past nor who she is dating! :)

I know I didn't post it to spread the inaccurate lies about Delta. I posted it to inform the rest of the fans on how she is being portrayed by the public in the USA by Jonas fans. I think LastNightOnEarth would agree.

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I know I didn't post it to spread the inaccurate lies about Delta. I posted it to inform the rest of the fans on how she is being portrayed by the public in the USA by Jonas fans. I think LastNightOnEarth would agree.

Oh... No! You took my post the wrong way! I was agree with you!

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Oh psh. Delta found a steady baby-sitting job in a tough economy, especially when she's not releasing music. That is all. Everybody rejoice.

Posted Image She's gotta pay the bills somehow.

Well yeah

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users