Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How did you discover, Delta Goodrem?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It was when she started dating nick actually lol. But I didn't think much about her until August 2nd, 2011 when I was in LA and I went bowling and saw Nick and Delta. I was afraid to talk to them but she caught my eye and waved over to me to come over. :) she was incredibly sweet to me and I loved her after that. About a week later, I was driving from a nick jonas concert lolol and I wanted some new music, so I looked her up on itunes and found DELTA. After the first preview of Believe Again I was hooked. As time went on I looked up more and more of her songs, bought her albums online, and now here I am. :)

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Neighbours as our beautiful Nina Tucker. :P

OFFLINE   lisa116

lisa116

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
In 2003 when Born To Try was released here :) been hooked on Deltas music ever since :)

OFFLINE   Mr.G

Mr.G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I loved her since I heard 'Born To Try' on neighbours. Her voice sounded amazing, but I remember thinking that it must be somebody else singing - like a famous singer doing the vocals and the actress (Delta) miming along! I guess I didn't believe that an actress on neighbours could sing that well haha :-)

OFFLINE   adambrannonuk

adambrannonuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Funny story for me, it was back in 2003. I came home from school at lunchtime and heard Born To Try on my music video channel. I immediately turned it off as I didn't like it (shock horror), then about a week later it was back on in a shop I was in and I fell in love. The rest as they say, is history!
"Doing Everything That I Believe In, Going By The Rules That I've Been Taught!"

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
On neighbours loved the character nina and when she started singing btt i found out who she was aka not nina but delta, found she had released the song in Aus, then was coming here to release, and been a loyal fan every since!

OFFLINE   sweetie_jo87

sweetie_jo87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
for me I was actually in my friends car and I know exactly when and where. First heard Born To Try on the radio and my friend had just meet her in Roselands in 2002 I wanted to go but I couldn't!! I brought the single, and I was totally hooked. I remember going to Brisbane by car that summer and that was the only CD I had playing the whole 12 hours. LOL Joined the forum in march of 03 and hooked ever since! LOL WHO STILL REMEMBERS THE OLD FORUM BEING PURPLE? When it first came out?!?! :) AHAHAHa
Artin do you still have screen shots?

OFFLINE   DeltasCDNfan

DeltasCDNfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
In early 2004. I was into roleplaying on livejournal. My character was Holly Valance. I had recently joined a new group and was looking at the members and stubled on Delta Goodrem. Read her entries and wondered if the cancer part was true or not (since it was a roleplay journal most of the info weren't true) so I googled her up and I read this ( http://deltadaily.co...s.php?album=844 ) article from May 2004 and just cried my eyes out. I printed the article so I could read it over and over. I looked up her songs and just fell in love with her voice. And the rest, is history.
Posted Image

"How do I begin to trust with everything I’ve ever lost, and all I wanna do is hide?" - Uncovered

OFFLINE   Jessica

Jessica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I was 10, and Born To Try was on Channel V or MTV when I was on the floor of Mum and Dad's room, playing with Barbie dolls. When that song was on, I was pretending they were singing it because they were having a concert and I was pretending the songs I was listening to was really the dolls.

I wanted to buy her first two singles, but they were a little bit too expensive (about $6-$7). When I heard Innocent Eyes in June 2003, I had to get the album. I think I got it on June 15th. I still remember that day.

It was cold and raining, and me and my sister had to go to Officeworks so she could get a photo printed, then we went to Big W. On the way back to the car, she told me she liked Delta's hair, and when we got home, I spent that afternoon listening to it in my portable CD player on my couch.

I never knew where Delta was from. I thought she was from England until I read about her in a magazine, because I never watched Neighbours.

It was a long time ago, but it feels like it could have been this week.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Neighbours!

Got the BTT single for Christmas in 2002. The rest is history!

Posted Image

Thanks for the memories. X

http://lookingforane...yout.tumblr.com

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

for me I was actually in my friends car and I know exactly when and where. First heard Born To Try on the radio and my friend had just meet her in Roselands in 2002 I wanted to go but I couldn't!! I brought the single, and I was totally hooked. I remember going to Brisbane by car that summer and that was the only CD I had playing the whole 12 hours. LOL Joined the forum in march of 03 and hooked ever since! LOL WHO STILL REMEMBERS THE OLD FORUM BEING PURPLE? When it first came out?!?! :) AHAHAHa
Artin do you still have screen shots?

Yessss I remember! haha good old times, oh how I miss the younger days of the forum back in 02/03 they were fun times. Always wished I could go to instores back then :(

'You drive me crazy'

tumblr_mb67vtEDcG1ryttoco2_500.gif

OFFLINE   -DeltaFan01-

-DeltaFan01-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
For me, would have to be when she was on neighbours, oh good ol days lol :)

OFFLINE   the_purplebutterfly

the_purplebutterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wonderful thread! Have really enjoyed reading everyone's stories!
For me in was Christmas 2003. Born to Try had just been released and my younger sister received it as a gift from Santa. I was only 10 years old but I was starting to sit up and take notice of the world and the title 'Born to try' just grabbed my attention. I was sold the moment I heard the first piano note. I was gone. Ever since then, I have bought every song. She's amazing!

5ccd79361a03c9ac6cbef27481094643.jpg

Thank you Thais! xx

Twitter: @miss_hali11

OFFLINE   ~Delta~Leahstar~

~Delta~Leahstar~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Not that long ago .... actually when The Voice came out in New Zealand! I've been hooked ever since!!!!!

tumblr_mpt1g0duZ81sq91mwo1_500.jpg

"You Got My Heart Hypnotic And Not Letting Go!"

OFFLINE   Chelsea_deltarox

Chelsea_deltarox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
When I found out about delta
I was six I heard her song on rage and got all the CDs and yea year lead to another and another I became more of a bigger fan she tweeted me and of course I tweeted her and then I met her and she remembered my name ;)

OFFLINE   KiZ

KiZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
On Video Hits when BTT first came out. My older brother told me to turn it over cause he thought I would love her....OH HOW RIGHT HE WAS lol.

OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The first time I heard of Delta was Neighbours and I have been following her ever since :) Nearly died when I first met her lol

OFFLINE   angeluscavale

angeluscavale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm a Korean who had spent 2 yrs in US so I've never really had a chance to come across her music.
But when Simon Cowell left American Idol, they sang Together We Are One as a tribute and I instantaneously fell in love with the song.
I listened to the original on YouTube, tried to get the song but it was really rare. It was available on Australian iTunes as a digital download but you can't set up an Australian Account with American or Korean billing address.....
So to compensate, I bought some of the songs that were available on US iTunes, which were In This Life, Born To Try, and Possessionless, I think.
Eventually, I purchased used Together We Are One CD on Ebay, and all 3 of her albums on Amazon.
A few month ago, I set up an Australian account and feed it with gift cards purchased through ebay to download songs that are not included in the albums such as Fortune and Love and Beautiful Madness.

Now, if you look at my top 25 most played list on my iPod, 22 of them are Delta's.

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Innocent Eyes was my very first cd,my godfather called me asking what i wanted as a present and i didn't even knew how to say her name :)
I was 10....good times,loved her music ever since!

OFFLINE   Benny :)

Benny :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Well I remember her days on Neighbours and how succesful she was but I was young then and thought she sung girly songs :)But 3 years later when I was older she released In this Life I love it and I loved her music since then :)
Edit: I don't think her IE and MI songs are girly now I love them :)

Edited by Benny :), 09 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users