Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How did you discover, Delta Goodrem?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Delta's Trueblue

Delta's Trueblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Last 01.06.11, out of the blue I asked my colleague if he can give me a list of female artists that he likes & he sent me this:

Alanis Morisette
Sia
tegan and sara
Tori amos
Kate bush
miley cyrus
natasha bedingfield
delta goodrem
nelly furtado
cranberries
avril lavigne

Delta’s on the 8th but since I never heard of her, I searched her last on youtube. First 4 songs that I listened to were In This Life, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Lost Without You & Believe Again – simply love them instantly. I don't know at that moment I didn't find any of her music vidz or live shows, I wondered if she is really for real. It prompted me to google her, to know who Delta Goodrem is…was shocked to have read this article that she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma at the age of 18 but was relieved that she survived it. - I watched some of her interviews and was really amazed of how she sees life. She always has this smile on her face, her love for music really radiates every time she sings – absolutely captivated by her live performances. Been obsessed on finding any live vidz of her and downloaded them all, it didn't matter if they were clear or not...as long as it's Delta Goodrem singin'!

What I love bout Delta besides her talent & passion for her craft? I may have not met her in person but I know by heart that she’s a kindhearted person, really sweet & cool with her fans…always bestows LOVE & LIGHT in the world!

I’ll always be grateful to Wisam, my colleague who introduced Delta Goodrem to me. I still kept the email with that list as a remembrance of the day I first came to know Delta who is truly an inspiration for the person that she is.

So Guys, would love to hear your side of the story about how you first heard or met Delta! Let's go on MEMORY LANE!

Edited by Delta's Trueblue, 02 September 2011 - 05:01 AM.

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,394 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Neighbours !

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Great topic!

I discovered Delta in 2002 when I saw a sticker of her on a single I brought. I honestly didn't know she was an Australian
singer. When I was in year 6 one of my friend's had Delta's Born To Try single. I asked to borrow it and I had for about a
year before giving it back. Ever since I was 12 I have been a fan. I'm turning 21 this year so yep it has been a long time!

I have never lost interest and began my collection back then. I remember for Christmas one year I received Delta's Innocent
Eyes album and the Delta magazine.

The first time I met Delta at the Bankstown Instore was in 2005. Such a great day. I cried after I met her :lol: My mum and dad
were great and knew how excited I was. We left at 6:30 in the morning for a 1pm appearance.

I have met Delta at a few other instores and she is just lovely. Never turning down photos and determined to get photos with
all of her fans.

I am happy to say that I still support Delta and I am a dedicated fan and will forever be.

Also so excited that the sign I made for Delta's Visualise Tour made it onto the dvd! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,971 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I first hear about Delta from Neighbours in the UK! I think it was around January 2003 and I have been a huge fan ever since and can't ever see that changing! I can't quite remember how it went but I think I just heard her singing BTT on the show and looked her up and found her website. I remember listening to the audio clips of the album on Delta's website for weeks and weeks on end until it was released here! I was 14 and I'm now nearly 23!

The first time I met Delta was through a radio competition in the UK which myself and a fellow forumer entered. We only heard about it through the forums and I know I wouldn't have been fortunate enough to meet her on two occasions without the forums! My friend Linda managed to get through on the phone (you had to call as soon as they started playing OOTB!). And so we both went to meet her on the 27th October 2004 at the Cafe Royal in London! She performed a 5 song set for around 30 other competition winners. We were sat so close I could have touched her piano! And then when she'd finished performing we got to meet her and have a little chat! And of course Delta was kind enough to sign some things I'd brought along and I got a photo with her. I just remember crying lots when I first saw her. I'm sure others can relate - when you first see her it's just wow! It's actually Delta standing there! This person I have admired for so long and I'm finally getting to see her! Haha! Can't wait to have that feeling again one day! :D

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I first hear about Delta from Neighbours in the UK! I think it was around January 2003 and I have been a huge fan ever since and can't ever see that changing! I can't quite remember how it went but I think I just heard her singing BTT on the show and looked her up and found her website. I remember listening to the audio clips of the album on Delta's website for weeks and weeks on end until it was released here! I was 14 and I'm now nearly 23!

The first time I met Delta was through a radio competition in the UK which myself and a fellow forumer entered. We only heard about it through the forums and I know I wouldn't have been fortunate enough to meet her on two occasions without the forums! My friend Linda managed to get through on the phone (you had to call as soon as they started playing OOTB!). And so we both went to meet her on the 27th October 2004 at the Cafe Royal in London! She performed a 5 song set for around 30 other competition winners. We were sat so close I could have touched her piano! And then when she'd finished performing we got to meet her and have a little chat! And of course Delta was kind enough to sign some things I'd brought along and I got a photo with her. I just remember crying lots when I first saw her. I'm sure others can relate - when you first see her it's just wow! It's actually Delta standing there! This person I have admired for so long and I'm finally getting to see her! Haha! Can't wait to have that feeling again one day! :D

~Michelle xx

It's amazing to think how old you were when you first began to follow Delta and how old you are now still following.

:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
hmmm. Think it was 2003. Friend of mine at the time was playing her Born To Try song on her stereo. Mum went and got me the C.D and voila! Instant fan :P
Though I wasn't to become a member on the Delta forum till 2008

Edited by DeltaFan, 21 August 2011 - 06:20 PM.

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,971 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I keep all the receipts from the Delta things I buy (because I'm sad like that haha!) and just found the one for the Innocent Eyes album! I got it on the same day I joined the Delta forum - 1st July 2003! Memories!!

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Turned on the TV once when I was 11 in 2003 and the Innocent Eyes music video just started to play on video hits I think... after the video I thought "omg she's my fave... :o " been like that ever since haha. Than later that year, I went to the 2003 Aria Awards and saw her on the red carpet. I was so excited and I love how I can say I was there cheering her on in loves that whole night. Very special memories xx

Edited by Zoe, 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,971 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Turned on the TV once when I was 11 in 2003 and the Innocent Eyes music video just started to play on video hits I think... after the video I thought "omg she's my fave... :o " been like that ever since hahaha.

Than later that year, I went to the 2003 Aria Awards and saw her on the red carpet. I was so excited and I love how I can say I was there cheering her on in loves that whole night. Very special memories xx

Ah that must have been pretty special to see her that night!

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
:)

Edited by Zoe, 11 September 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

Delta's Trueblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Great topic!

I discovered Delta in 2002 when I saw a sticker of her on a single I brought. I honestly didn't know she was an Australian
singer. When I was in year 6 one of my friend's had Delta's Born To Try single. I asked to borrow it and I had for about a
year before giving it back. Ever since I was 12 I have been a fan. I'm turning 21 this year so yep it has been a long time!

I have never lost interest and began my collection back then. I remember for Christmas one year I received Delta's Innocent

The first time I met Delta at the Bankstown Instore was in 2005. Such a great day. I cried after I met her :lol: My mum and dad
were great and knew how excited I was. We left at 6:30 in the morning for a 1pm appearance.

I have met Delta at a few other instores and she is just lovely. Never turning down photos and determined to get photos with
all of her fans.

I am happy to say that I still support Delta and I am a dedicated fan and will forever be.

Also so excited that the sign I made for Delta's Visualise Tour made it onto the dvd! :D

wow! that was great! you're fortunate to have met her.

Edited by Delta's Trueblue, 21 August 2011 - 10:26 PM.

Delta's Trueblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
thanks, guys! had fun reading all your stories...i wish one day i'd meet her too...hoping someday this would come true.

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I joined a forum for Hi-5 in 2006. I was the only American on the forum, and basically everyone else was Australian, so I heard all about Aussie TV, music, etc. People always mentioned Delta, and I finally asked who she was. They told me she was an actress turned singer, so I first thought that she was another case of an actor thinking they could sing, and I didn't bother to look her up.

One night in July '06, I was bored, and I decided I'd give her music a shot. I youtubed her, and the first song I listened to was Innocent Eyes. I fell in love. :) I downloaded it right then and there, and I made it my ringtone. By Christmas, I got both CDs and the Vissy tour DVD :3 Haven't looked back since! :D

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It was 2008 for me. I was browsing the Law and Order: Criminal Intent fan-made videos on Youtube, when I came across one with the song Innocent Eyes in it. I fell in love with it and downloaded it minutes after. I listened to it so many times that night that I actually could hear it in my dream. Been a fan ever since!

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
A friend on another forum had a Delta signature, I thought it was Keira Knightly, so I asked her about it. She told me all about Delta and sent LWY to me (mind you, this was early 2004 and there was no YouTube) and then Be Strong and I was hooked. She then sent me the albums and I've been a fan ever since.

OFFLINE   fbi_woman

fbi_woman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was in London England with my school choir and the first night we were there, I turned the TV on and whoever had the room before us had left it on a music video channel, and the video for Innocent Eyes was just starting :). I wrote her name on my hand so I wouldn't forget it before I got home from the trip.

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I was watching video hits and I saw born to try video clip. It wasn't untill end of 2008 that I joined DGOF.
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

OFFLINE   KiZ

KiZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
My brother told me about her and thought I would like her. So I happened to catch Born To Try on Video Hits in 2003 I think it was. Then I remember going to school and one of my friends having the Innocent Eyes album so every lunchtime I would sit there and listen to it.. Went through HS being known for my Delta fandom ie: Friends would keep pictures, clippings and such of anything Delta related and give them to me. Remember for a while I had about 4 folders worth of clippings. Even got my Mum to buy me the Delta book for my birthday. Still have posters of her up in my room. For a while when I was younger. I used to say goodnight to it lol. Kinda sad :P. So Ive been a fan since I was 13, Im now 21.

Ill never forget though one time, when Delta's Out Of The Blue video was going to be played on Channel 10, my bros tried everything to not get me to watch it. Managed to fight through them to watch that video. One of the proudest moments. Remember sitting there for the whole 5 minutes the little special was on for grinning from ear to ear.

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Great topic!

all of her fans.

I am lucky enough to have a few times. She's so great ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Delta's Trueblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Great topic!

all of her fans.

I am lucky enough to have a few times. She's so great ^_^

Yep...and I envy you. I've seen some vidz of her with her fans...she's sooo sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users