Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

X-Factor UK

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I didn't really like Craig's song, and it wasn't one of his best performances.
Janet's song really suited her, and apart from the weird staging with the trees (left over from Halloween week) and the couple on the bench (left over from JLS's performance), it was a good performance.
Amelia did what she did best with another strong vocal performance, but perhaps it was a little bit too high for her at some points.
I don't know if Misha's song was right for her, but she kept her style and didn't turn it into a karaoke performance.
Little Mix are really improving and showed off the vocals really well towards the end of the song.
Marcus put on another energetic performance, probably helped by the choir, but he sang brilliantly as well.

It's a shame Amelia ended up in the bottom two, but I'm glad she stayed over Craig, as we haven't seen enough of her yet, while Craig, while talented, was getting a bit predictable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I love Janet & Misha B. Litte Mix are also good. :)

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Little Mix had a really fun first performance, and showed off their vulnerable side in their second song - brilliant!
Janet's first performance was a disaster, but she did redeem herself with her second song.
I wasn't sure either song worked really well for Misha, but she still performed at her high standard like she does every week.
Again I wasn't keen on either of Marcus's songs, and I could have done with less of the "here we go"s and "come on"s in the first song, but overall he gave two strong performances.
Amelia gave two very powerful vocal performances, and I don't think she struggled with the high notes, but I would have liked to have seen her hit the top notes in her second song.

I can never tell how the public votes, but I expected Misha to be in the bottom two just because she's already been there before.
I thought if Janet didn't make the bottom two after her disastrous first song, then she'd probably win, so I was pleasantly surprised to see her in the bottom, and I'm glad that Misha stayed over her.
Now we have a final four where I'd be happy if any of them won!

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Gutted Janet has gone :(

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I didn't think Misha's first song was right for her, but her second performance was incredible.
I enjoyed both of Amelia's performances, and she continues to give very strong vocals.
Little Mix's first performance felt a little uneasy at times, but their second song was solid.
Marcus gave two slightly weaker performances than usual, but it seems that he had a sore throat, so that would explain it.

I didn't think Misha deserved to go, but it was no surprise considering she'd already been in the bottom two three times.
Bring on the final at Wembley Arena! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Little Mix to Win tonight! 15 minutes till we see who has won!

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
& they did :D

Love them, be interesting to see what they come up with next year. :)

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just watching the repeat on ITV 2 and saw the judges performing with their contestants.

THEY STOLE THAT FROM THE VOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,798 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just saw the results on Wikipedia. I wonder if the girls will be as successful as Girls Aloud, Atomic Kitten or even Spice Girls.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Just watching the repeat on ITV 2 and saw the judges performing with their contestants.

THEY STOLE THAT FROM THE VOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

How do you watch ITV2 LOL

OFFLINE   MarthaJonesFan

MarthaJonesFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I was supporting Janet Devlin the whole way, until she was cruelly eliminated. :( I also loved Sophie Habibis, Misha B, Sami Brookes, and, don't shoot me, Frankie Cocozza. :)

Posted Image

If tomorrow never comes, I want you to know right now that I,

I'm gonna love you until the day I die

And if tomorrow falls asleep, can you hold me first?

I'm gonna love you like it's the last night on earth ♥

@Joseph_MJF_1D

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I loved Janet

OFFLINE   MarthaJonesFan

MarthaJonesFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Same. Loved her to bits. She has a lovely voice and just seems so sweet in general. :)

Posted Image

If tomorrow never comes, I want you to know right now that I,

I'm gonna love you until the day I die

And if tomorrow falls asleep, can you hold me first?

I'm gonna love you like it's the last night on earth ♥

@Joseph_MJF_1D

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
SO this topic needs a bit of a revival!

1st Little Mix, Misha B & Amelia Lily have/are about to release first tracks since The X Factor!
Thoughs:
Little Mix: Wings
Completely different to what I was expecting, but I think their fans will like it, its no Cannonball for sure!

Misha B:
OMG what was she thinking?! Seriously if I wanted to hear her speak in tounges I would just play her with the speed turned up high! So boring and I see why it did not do well!

Amelia Lily: You Bring Me Joy
This has to be a hit, Video just went to TV Stations fo play and The Box music channel have her as a VIP Track and are playing it quite a bit, I hope this is a hit from my Fav female contestant since Alexandra Burke!

2012 Generation!

I am really looking forward to Season 9!
With Nicole now on our panel I hope this isn't going to be washed up and just Louis and Tulisa giving proper feedback! Tulisa has actually changed my opinion on her because of last year, she seemed completely different to when she was part of NDubz!

Categories:
With rumours out already about the categories I really hope they are not true but heres what I think they should get!

Louis I wish he gets a young category to judge, he hasn't had the young ones since season 2 and that was the only year he actually has won the show with Shayne Ward! Give him the Girls!

Gary should have the Over 25s (28s if rumours going around are true they have changed this category name again!) If he really is head judge then he should atleast manage to get an over into top 3!

Nicole should get the groups this time, simply because Tulisa in her first year coming from a group, successfully in her first year got the first ever group to win the show, no one i know ever thought a group would win UK X Factor and she did it, so since Nicole came from The Pussycat Dolls, lets see if she can get them going!

Tulisa I feel should have the boys, simply because she did well with a girl group, and got them right to the top, at the end she really only had girls to work with so making her work with the boys only would be a new challenge for her, even if she did have 2 boy bands in the Groups category last year, they didn't really last long so hopefully with just having 1 person instead of 3 or 4 in one place she may achieve more!

Only time will tell! I posted in this topic as I wasn't sure if were going to start a new topic for this season or not, if we are then all cool.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Looking forward to seeing Nicole again, I love her.

'Wings' is a great tune, think Little Mix could be the next Girls Aloud.

Love Amelia's song even though I wasn't too fond of her on the show.

OFFLINE   chrissy__

chrissy__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
are you guys gonna watch again this year? :) it starts ~today omg!

what do you think about Nicole Scherzinger being a new judge on the X Factor UK btw?

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I love her!!

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
To be quite honest Mel B is rocking as the guest Judge! Aus X Factor must rock with her as the head judge (I assume she's head judge because of where she sits on the panel in aus, is where Simon sat in the UK/US versions, and Gary is now "head judge"here and sits in that seat even though it should be Louis cause he's had 9 seasons and had sinitta as his assistant last yr) We're in week 3 and ever episode so far she has been in it, with last week having Rita Ora as the 2nd guest judge making an appearance and this week being Anastasia! So we can only assume its Geri next week, then Leona after that, cause Leona being the first female X Factor winner they'd want to finish the audition stages with a product that actually came from the show. That's what I think anyway.

Really loved the lads last night, the guy with the tattoos who sang for his 4yr old was amazing! If the boys mentor doesn't pic him I'll be surprised! (Do we all know the rumours of who's got which category yet?)

OFFLINE   chrissy__

chrissy__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

To be quite honest Mel B is rocking as the guest Judge! Aus X Factor must rock with her as the head judge (I assume she's head judge because of where she sits on the panel in aus, is where Simon sat in the UK/US versions, and Gary is now "head judge"here and sits in that seat even though it should be Louis cause he's had 9 seasons and had sinitta as his assistant last yr) We're in week 3 and ever episode so far she has been in it, with last week having Rita Ora as the 2nd guest judge making an appearance and this week being Anastasia! So we can only assume its Geri next week, then Leona after that, cause Leona being the first female X Factor winner they'd want to finish the audition stages with a product that actually came from the show. That's what I think anyway.

Really loved the lads last night, the guy with the tattoos who sang for his 4yr old was amazing! If the boys mentor doesn't pic him I'll be surprised! (Do we all know the rumours of who's got which category yet?)

yup I kept saying 'man I wish Mel would be a permanent judge on the british x factor' everytime she was on screen lol I never really thought of anyone being head judge on TXF AUS tbh haha. how do you like Nicole as a judge?

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

yup I kept saying 'man I wish Mel would be a permanent judge on the british x factor' everytime she was on screen lol I never really thought of anyone being head judge on TXF AUS tbh haha. how do you like Nicole as a judge?

Put it like this, if her voice gets annoying then i'll hate having her on our version, and if she has another breakdown when a finalist leaves like she did on US series 1, u know the little girl that got booted out cause Nicole put it to deadlock? yeah I'll hate that if she does that reaction.

I'm just so upset with the talent they have put through this year, i mean rylan from the boys category seriously got through compared to the guy with the tattooed arms. I hope theres a shake up like theres going to be next week in the groups category cause from what I read on twitter, Rough Copy aren't allowed to continue because they can't get visa's so Triple J get a chance (the only group that I think can win the show this year) and I think there is another group that gets a second chance so Louis gets 7 acts to choose from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users