Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

X-Factor UK

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The X-Factor starts again tonight here in the UK

Personally I don't think it'll be the same without Simon, Cheryl & Dannii but we shall see

Who's excited :D

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Posted Image

Can't wait!
It won't be the same (especially without Sinitta!) but it'll still be exciting. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,560 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Excited but it I don't think it will be the same lol! xxx

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Good first show.
Frankie clearly doesn't lack any confidence, but I think his voice is average at best.
Kitty has a strong, powerful voice, but I can't seem to warm to her personality much.
Goldie is hilarious and fabulous! 'Copper Bell' for Christmas #1! :lol:
I'm not really a fan of Janet, as she sounds like Ellie Goulding, whose style of singing I don't like.
George is a bit of an embarrassment. -_-

I think the new judges come across very well.
Gary seems like he's trying a bit too hard to be Simon, but some of his comments are quite funny.
Kelly is amazing and my favourite so far - I'm looking forward to seeing her on the live shows.
Tulisa hasn't made much of an impression on me yet, but she's better than I first expected.
Louis is Louis. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Anyone else watching?

I thought the contestants shown were much better than last week.
Johnny sounded like he was on helium, but I feel like I have to support him because he's from Harrow! :P
Derry had a good voice and I'd like to see more of what he can do.
Craig was another good vocalist, although the 'surprise' of his parents in the audience was a bit unnecessary.
The Keys were a really strong group and will probably go really far in the competition.
Misha was extraordinary and made her performance seem effortless - definitely one to watch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just me then? :ph34r:

David was terrible - I can't believe he got four yeses!
Luke sounded quite good, but I think he's still a bit young for the show.
Michael was just embarrassing himself again.
Jade's one of my favourites so far - she might not have the strongest voice, but she sings really beautifully. ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I do love Tulisa :)

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Kendro were just a poorer version of Diva Fever and shouldn't have been put through.
Sami had a big strong voice, but I can't see her having star potential.
I didn't think the girl group Twisted were that bad, and Chrissie wasn't that good on her own - bit cheeky of her to sing 'Forget You' though! :lol:
Lascel sang really well and I can see him in the live shows.

Marcus put on a very good and confident performance and had a good voice as well.
Graham was hilariously bad - he had an interesting speaking voice too.
Jonjo was average at best, and shouldn't really be on stage if he's that nervous.
Amelia had a very impressive voice, and reminded me a bit of Christina Aguilera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
John Adams had a nice voice, but sounded a bit too much like the original.
I thought Michelle was alright but not much more.
Although they only have half the charm Stacey Soloman had, 2 Shoes were quite impressive.
I didn't remember John Wilding being as good last year, but he did really well this time round.

Bradley had an okay voice, but I can't see him coping with bigger songs.
Terry was very old-fashioned and was moving the microphone incessantly!
I remember Deep from a few years ago, where he had another "dance routine" for 'Don't Cha'! :lol:
Poor Ceri keeps trying but her voice never improves.

So that's the end of the auditions!
Anyone going to watch X Factor USA start on ITV2 tonight?

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Watching both UK & USA - Loving UK

As for USA - Sorry but Simon looks more uncomfortable than Cheryl did...Cheryl shouldn't have been such a sulky, spoilt little brat and just returned to UK X Factor since they obviously didn't get her. Any idea of the USA Categories & Judges since the UK ones were revealed?

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I never have much to say about bootcamp.
Jade and Misha stood out for me.
I don't think any of the groups were that good.
Goldie was extraordinary. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
So we have our finalists...

Girls
Posted Image

Amelia and Misha were both brilliant and I'm glad they got picked.
I didn't take much notice of/the show didn't put much attention on Sophie, so I don't really have an opinion on her yet.
I really don't get Janet and didn't like how she sung 'Beautiful'.
I'm very disappointed Jade didn't get through - I only hope the BIG TWIST is that they're bringing her back.

Boys
Posted Image

Marcus and Craig sang very well and deserved to go through.
I get that James doesn't like performing without his guitar, but he still looks really bored when he sings.
Frankie was always going to make it, but he's definitely one of the weaker singers.

Groups
Posted Image

2 Shoes are definitely growing on me and are probably my favourites of the groups.
I'm not a massive fan of any of Rhythmix or Nu Vibe, but they're pretty talented.
I think The Keys should have been picked, but I'll have to wait and see what the new The Risk is like before passing judgement.

Over 25s
A picture doesn't seem to have been released, probably because of Goldie's departure.

I'm half-surprised Johnny got through, but I'm glad he did because he does have a good voice and he's local!
Kitty will definitely be interesting to watch.
Jonjo, on the other hand, does absolutely nothing for me.
I'm glad Sami made it in the end, but I'm so disappointed Goldie quit (unless the BIG TWIST is that she's coming back!).

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Glad Amelia, James, & Sami got through!

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
There were too many contestants last week to write about, so this is a quick summary:
Overs: Kitty was the best, Jonjo was the worst - Louis was right.
Boys: Craig was the best, James was the worst - Gary was right.
Groups: The Risk were the best, Nu Vibe were the worst - Tulisa was wrong.
Girls: Misha B was the best, Janet was the worst - Kelly was wrong.

Moving on to this week...
Nu Vibe's lead singer was good - the others not so much, and they didn't gel very well as a group.
Sami sang very well, but like Gary said it was a bit old-fashioned.
I thought Craig did a great job with the song, and is definitely the strongest of the boys.
I'm still not getting Janet, but her performance this week was better than her previous ones.
Frankie was not good at all and didn't seem to have much of a voice.
Johnny's performance was definitely interesting, and he sang better than some other contestants.
Rhythmix performed really well both individually and as a group, and were much better than last week.
Marcus wasn't perfect during the verses, but provided a strong, secure vocal performance on the choruses.
Misha B was fantastic as usual and actually managed some competent choreography.
The Risk gave another solid performance and are definitely the stronger of the boybands.
Sophie sang a great song beautifully, and is really growing on me.
Kitty gave a very strong vocal performance, but I'm not entirely sure what it had to do with Alice in Wonderland!

The right two were in the bottom two, but I thought - although Nu Vibe's 'Save Me' performance wasn't great - Frankie's was awful, and should have gone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I didn't really like Marcus's song, but he did a brilliant job on his performance.
Janet stayed firmly in her comfort zone with her arrangement, but I think she's improving.
Sami gave a faultless vocal performance, but it's true that she isn't really a star.
Rhythmix were a little bit messy and not as good as last week.
Sophie was a little shaky on the high notes, but otherwise gave a competent performance.
I thought Craig's performance was a bit underwhelming, even though I couldn't really fault it.
Kitty's performance was a little all over the place, but had an impressive vocal as usual.
Frankie's intro video was stupid, and his performance wasn't much better.
The Risk looked a little uneasy at times and this was definitely their weakest performance so far.
Johnny put on a great performance and managed the high notes very well.
Misha B, although not reaching Ruth Lorenzo's level, gave another brilliant performance.

I wasn't too surprised that Sami was in the bottom two, but Kitty definitely shouldn't have been there.
Both of their 'Save Me' performances were amazing though, and both should probably still be in the competition, but I think the right decision was made.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I wanted Kitty gone over Sami :(

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Well, this week was certainly eventful!
I love Alexandra and thought she was a great judge, especially since this was her first time at doing it.
Dermot's dance at the start was brilliant! :lol: He should do one every week!

The situation with The Risk is getting a bit ridiculous now - their performance was good, but with a song like 'Thriller', it needed to be a lot stronger.
Johnny finally got a chance to just sing and showed he was very capable of it.
I was expecting Sophie's song to go somewhere, but it didn't, and she was a bit out of tune in the low parts.
Marcus gave another really good performance - excellent vocals and movement as well.
Again I couldn't fault Misha's performance - every week she delivers.
Janet sounded out of tune at the start but it got better as the song went on.
Frankie should go - it was one of his better performances, but that's not saying much. I'm glad Alexandra pointed out his lack of vocal range.
Kitty gave an amazing, strong performance, probably her best one yet.
Rhythmix Little Mix were fantastic this week - their vocals were near perfect and their choreography was great too.
Craig gave another competent performance, although it sounded a little too much like an Adele impersonation.

I don't know if shocked is the right word, but I definitely wasn't happy with the bottom two.
I never expected Sophie to go very far, but I thought Misha was a potential winner, so the right person stayed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Johnny performed quite well, and it was nice to hear another tone to his voice with 'You Spin Me Round'.
Janet started off well, but after her mess up after the chorus clearly threw her off.
I thought Craig should have gone all out with the dancefloor theme rather than starting off with the ballad version, but gave another competent performance.
The Risk were an improvement on last week, but this wasn't one of their best performances.
Although I didn't think the song fitted the theme very well, Marcus gave a great, energetic performance.
The first half of Kitty's performance was very good, but in the second half it sounded like she was just shouting over the song.
Frankie was basically talking throughout the song, and the "do it" part was especially awful.
Great, upbeat performance from Misha, who showed she didn't need the theatrics to be a star.
Little Mix weren't as good as last week, but they still gave a very strong performance.

I didn't expect The Risk to have received the fewest votes, as they'd never been the bottom two before.
It wasn't really a surprise that Johnny & Kitty then found themselves in the bottom.
Although they were both great in their 'Save Me' songs, it was clear that Kitty was always going to be saved, as she does have a lot more potential than Johnny.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
How good are they on this show? I heard the UK version is terrible. I have never seen the UK version before.

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

How good are they on this show? I heard the UK version is terrible. I have never seen the UK version before.

The UK version has been getting a lot of criticism this year in particular, as it seems to be drama after drama, but it is exciting to watch!
There aren't any awful contestants (anymore!), and a few of them are really talented, namely Misha B, Marcus, Little Mix and Amelia.
And let's not forget that X Factor UK has given us Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. ;)

Frankie has gone at last!
I don't really care what the reasons were but I'm glad I don't have to listen to his terrible attempts at singing anymore.

I would actually have liked to have seen Kitty do 'Born This Way', but she didn't do too badly with her song.
Craig gave another solid performance, if a little predictable.
Little Mix didn't start off brilliantly but got better as the song went on.
It's funny that Janet went back to what she's been doing at the start, and only now do the judges criticise her when I've been doing it from the beginning!
Although you can't really fault Marcus, I agree that it was a bit too similar to last week's performance, and I'm not a big fan of that style.
Misha's vocal was fantastic as usual, but I felt like there was something missing from the performance.
I'm very happy Amelia came back and she blew everyone out of the water with her performance - I'd love to see her win now!

It wasn't a huge shock to see Kitty and Misha in the bottom two, as they'd both been there before.
Kitty's 'Save Me' performance wasn't her strongest, and I think it was her time to leave, as she clearly didn't have the public support, which is a shame because she's definitely more talented than some of the remaining contestants.

Edited by Jason, 15 November 2011 - 04:00 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users