Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Australian Football League 2011 season

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ChristinaBerliBabbey

ChristinaBerliBabbey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Yeh even though I'm a Swans supporter I doubt we will beat Collingwood this weekend :(

Ohh yeeah thats right, Collingwood is playing aganist Sydney this week...is it up in Sydney or Melbourne??
Posted Image
Short Stack <3

OFFLINE   Deanomachino

Deanomachino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Yeh even though I'm a Swans supporter I doubt we will beat Collingwood this weekend :(

Ohh yeeah thats right, Collingwood is playing aganist Sydney this week...is it up in Sydney or Melbourne??

up in Sydney it is ;)
Posted Image
Signature By purple.is.a.fruit

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,882 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Collingwood star Dane Swan has issued an apology for his angry tweets about AFL drug testers.
Fed up after being tested for the third time in little more than a week, Swan took to Twitter to vent his frustration.
"Stop sending out drug testers at 6am. It's starting to piss me off. What's wrong with the afternoon? You can't catch me anyway. Too clever," Swan tweeted.
He continued his tongue-in-cheek attack on radio.
"Yeah, they knocked on my door again ... three times in the last week or something. So clearly they think I'm taking steroids," Swan said on SEN. "I don't mind getting drug tested. I don't have a problem with it, but I'm not sure what the difference is between six o'clock and, say, nine o'clock.
"If they want to keep sending them out at six o'clock, I might have to move house ... it's ruined my whole day."
But this evening the Magpies issued a statement in which Swan took back the Twitter remarks:
"I would like to apologise for any misunderstanding that was created on Wednesday morning by my comments on Twitter about the random drug testing procedures.
"I’m fully supportive of the drug testing program and understand that while it’s inconvenient for players on occasions, it’s a critical part of the AFL drugs policy."

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226080829394

Channel Ten has today confirmed it will not broadcast AFL matches beyond this season after opting to not re-enter negotiations with Seven West Media.
Ten's football commentators were called to a meeting at the network's Melbourne headquarters this morning where they were informed of the decision.
Ten's head of sport David Barham delivered the disappointing news that will end the network's association with football that began in 2002 when it shared the rights with Channel Nine and Fox Sports.
"It is a bit of a shame. It's the choice of the network. It's purely a business decision," Barham told The Age today.
"Everyone is disappointed but understands the decision.
"We are really, really proud of what we achieved. I am proud of the people that I have worked with over the years. I think Ten should be recognised for the contribution it made to the game because no-one has done more for broadcasting the game than the Ten Network in NSW and Queensland."
Ten's interim chief executive Lachlan Murdoch opted to reject Seven's offer of two matches a round in the new five-year broadcast deal, beginning next season. It's understood the cash-strapped Nine Network has no interest in rejoining the fray.
Seven purchased the rights in April for four regular season matches a round for $475 million. The network is set to use one of its multi-channels, 7Mate, to broadcast matches live interstate.
Fox Sports will televise all nine matches live from next season when the competition expands to 18 teams but are expected to use the Seven feed from games that network is covering on free to air.
Lewis Martin, General Manager, Channel Seven Melbourne said in a statement: "We are excited about the prospect of carrying all the AFL games for which we bid.
"But we wish to acknowledge that Channel TEN has been a terrific AFL broadcast partner for the past five years, and their commitment to the game over the past decade. We understand and empathise with how difficult these decisions can be.
"That said, we have planned to broadcast all four games every weekend from next year – plus finals, the Grand Final and the Brownlow Medal – and we look forward to becoming the sole free-to-air destination for AFL."

http://www.theage.co...0623-1ggv9.html

OFFLINE   Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Can't believe how precious the AFL gets. So a bloke can't complain about being woken early? I don;t care for Swan or Collingwood in the slightest, but the AFL need to wake up and let the players have an opinion. It wasn't extreme in any regard, it's bordering on propaganda.

Posted Image

"Be Strong" is the most inspirational song I have ever heard. It has helped me through some tough times.
Thank you Delta.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,882 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
So happy Hawthorn beat Essendon tonight :D The players shared the goals without Lance Franklin, who was sidelined due to suspension.

OFFLINE   Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Do you know how long Rioli and Sewell are expected to be sidelined?

Posted Image

"Be Strong" is the most inspirational song I have ever heard. It has helped me through some tough times.
Thank you Delta.

OFFLINE   xAlicia

xAlicia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Go Fremantle :D

11/8/12, 12/8/12

Shower me in confetti raining down from open skies

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,882 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Do you know how long Rioli and Sewell are expected to be sidelined?

Herald Sun says both Rioli and Sewell are in danger of missing the next month.

ChristinaBerliBabbey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Happy Western Bulldogs won, because now my friend will be in a happy mood for a week. Haha :)
Posted Image
Short Stack <3

OFFLINE   Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Freo fail - they can't even lose properly :( Oh well, eventually they wont have any players left.

Posted Image

Thank you Delta.

ChristinaBerliBabbey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Whoop whoop Collingwood won :)
Posted Image
Short Stack <3

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,882 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
US singer Meat Loaf will headline the entertainment on Saturday, October 1, for the biggest day on the football calendar.
Meat Loaf, whose 1977 hit, Bat Out Of Hell, remains Australia's biggest-selling album by an international artist with more than 1.61 million copies sold, will use the hugely popular televised event to kick off his coming Australian arena tour.
The tour comes to Rod Laver Arena on October 14 and a Yarra Valley winery on October 15.
From an exclusive photo shoot on Friday at the LA studio where he is putting the finishing touches to his next album, Meat Loaf told the Sunday Herald Sun he was looking forward to wowing the crowd from a catalogue of hits including Bat Out Of Hell, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth and I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - with one small proviso.
"G'day Australia!" he said. "What better way to kick off my Australian tour than to play the Australian Football League Grand Final in Melbourne on October 1. I hope to see you there - just don't make me wear the little shorts."

http://www.heraldsun...2-1226081991153

Adelaide appears to have missed out on another big-ticket event as the football discontent continues.
The Sunday Mail has learnt one of the two Test matches in the International Rules Series against Ireland will be outside of Melbourne - but Adelaide does not seem to be on the radar.
It comes as a slap in the face in a state struggling more than any other with crowds and television attendances if SA is not even considered for a welcome jolt to the football audience.
The AFL has announced the first Test, on October 28, will be at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium and the second, set down for November 4, will be at a venue to be confirmed early next month.
AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said it would be an AFL decision where the second Test would be played, and that the AFL already had held discussions with potential suitors.
But that is where the bad news starts for Adelaide, with SANFL president John Olsen yesterday confirming there had been no discussions about the match between the AFL and the South Australian National Football League, which has been in regular contact over the past month because of the challenges facing South Australian football.
"We haven't heard anything about it, and if it was on the cards, you'd think we would have," Olsen said.
Nor is the South Australian Cricket Association holding its breath, with the domestic cricket in full swing at Adelaide Oval by the time the second Test comes around.
It leaves the door open for Sydney, Brisbane or regular host Perth, which was part of the International Rules Series schedule in 2008, 2005 and 2003.
Adelaide hosted Tests at Football Park in 2001 and 1999.

http://www.adelaiden...3-1226081975073

Freo fail - they can't even lose properly :( Oh well, eventually they wont have any players left.

Ummm they beat Brisbane tonight.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,882 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Don't forget to complete the 2011 Herald Sun footy fans survey ;) It's at: http://news.mktg.net...FansSurvey2011/
The survey closes at midnight AEST today.

OFFLINE   hannahbanana

hannahbanana

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 331 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
My tips aren't going too well this week! Silly tipping from me!

tumblr_moinsqJriw1qmvrqxo1_1280.jpg

Hannah II 21 II South Australia II DELTA ♥ II a Child of The Universe

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
noooooo Jack is injured again :(

10593262-ad5c-4744-bcc1-ecb28765656b_zps

OFFLINE   Deanomachino

Deanomachino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

mind you he was lucky to come back on after being hit in the opening bounce he is such a hard nut :) I really though we were going to somehow win last night but unfortunately we couldn't contain Travis Cloke up forward :(

Edited by Deanomachino, 26 June 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

mind you he was lucky to come back on after being hit in the opening bounce he is such a hard nut :) I really though we were going to somehow win last night but unfortunately we couldn't contain Travis Cloke up forward :(

so true.. I love him for that, but if he hadn't gone back on, he wouldn't have gotten injured again :P
hopefully next year (or maybe finals this year?) we will beat them! haha

10593262-ad5c-4744-bcc1-ecb28765656b_zps

OFFLINE   Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Ummm they beat Brisbane tonight.

That's why they fail at losing!

Posted Image

Thank you Delta.

OFFLINE   Deanomachino

Deanomachino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Round 14 Results

This week's winner is Alicia Turner with a score of 7 and a round margin of 41. The game's margin was 65.

Congratulations Alicia :D :yahoo: :dance:

9 Whopper Vouchers have been given out in Our AFL Competition :yahoo:

1 Alicia Turner
2 Ninafan
3 Anita
4 Rhedyn Milecki
5 Michael Knowles
6 Boden Ebery
7 Evelyn
8 Dean Bennett
9 Mei
10 johnson
11 deltaluva2
12 ChristinaBerliBabbey
13 Carley Swan
14 Hannah Clark
15 Nick Burge
16 Matt Kwan
17 Patrick Lijnders
18 Rise Up Stiffy

Comp Tip Stats

This report displays the site wide split between teams tipped as a % for each match of a given round (excluding default tips). The winning team is indicated in Bold

Hawthorn 69% - 31% Essendon
Gold Coast 0% - 100% Western Bulldogs
Richmond 72% - 28% Melbourne
Sydney Swans 6% - 94% Collingwood
Fremantle 89% - 11% Brisbane Lions
Geelong 100% - 0% Adelaide
Carlton 94% - 6% West Coast Eagles
Port Adelaide 22% - 78% North Melbourne
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
LOL terrible round.

Won't be tipping Essendon for a while now.

FAIL! So disappointed in them!

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users