Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Twitter & Instagram Thread

• Please log in to reply
2692 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Delta should tweet but more targeted tweets having to do with her music/career, how the new album was unfolding,who her current inspirations are musically, upcoming gigs/ appearances, etc... Things like that. Not seemingly semi-personal tweets to ramdom people. She should get a social media assistant on her team thru Sony if possible to handle all that. For personal things, I think Nick has a private protected twitter account and so should Delta if she doesn't already.

THIS would make her seem much more of an artist and less of a permenant holiday-maker.
I think at this point I;d love the change from casually chatting to stans and boyfriends and a more focused on solely career Twitter!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
good idea, she could perhaps do what nerina pallet does and have an @nerinapallot which her manager/record company use to promote her & gigs etc and then have a personal account for her day to ramblings. :)

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ yeah i like the idea but delta has such funny work patterns... It would work while she busy but id say it would lose momentum when she hits her quiet periods again
on a side note... Love Nerina Pallot... Are u another fan Claire ? I just love all her music...
Every album has its unique identity but still it never seems out of character or a huge change and i love her work ethic... Heavilly pregnant and still managed to make an album in 2010/11..

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yep, huge Nerina fan :)

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yay!!! U are the second nerina fan ive met on this forum... And anywhere really!!! She should be WAY more famous... Especially in the uk... Such a talented and classy lady... And just like delta she bangs out some lush piano tunes :-)

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Yay!!! U are the second nerina fan ive met on this forum... And anywhere really!!! She should be WAY more famous... Especially in the uk... Such a talented and classy lady... And just like delta she bangs out some lush piano tunes :-)

She does indeed :)

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,736 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Recent tweets:

Happy new year everyone!!! Sending loads of love out there and looking forward to a fantastic year ahead for all :) xx
7 Jan via Twitter for iPhone

AMAZING! :) :) CONGRATS! @Jude_Bolton @lynettec_bolton and I finally welcomed our little girl! Siarra Neve Bolton Born 11/1/12 4.02 kgs #spinout
12 Jan via web

^ referring to the news that the wife of Sydney Swans AFL player Jude Bolton, Lynette, gave birth to a girl named Siarra Neve on January 11. Jude is a good friend of Delta.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Ooh, interesting ~ Thanks :)

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
7 days late, better late then never!

On that note, if she has been writting and I recording I'd love her to show it. Other artists show their recording process. I don't get her shyness!

Edited by delbrit, 16 January 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yeah i know, some behind the sciences footage wouldn't go a miss right now.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

good idea, she could perhaps do what nerina pallet does and have an @nerinapallot which her manager/record company use to promote her & gigs etc and then have a personal account for her day to ramblings. :)

actually they could totally vouch for her not sleeping her way through life by saying stuff like Delta was in the studio with Gary Clark and Nick or Vince or Stuart Crichton (If he shows up on this album I'm flat out not buying it, end, he ruined Believe Again IMO) or Bloodshy and Avant or Cathy Dennis or whoever.
I'd have one for like, musical information, behind the scenes "Sneak peaks", Lyrics sampling, all that kind of stuff, Gig information, Tour information..and another random account she can "Connect" to her stans like it's going out of fashion.

Or at least someone should tell her how terrible she makes herself look by not showing shit on her twitter account, one implication of songwriting (Once a month) is not enough in the world we live in right now. Either accept this change in the world or delete the twitter and do a journal on her website every couple of days to show off her art. (Or even once a week, with lots of info/excitement/passion/sampling et cetera)

TL:DR she needs a better manager who can call her on her shit and MAKE her show people her art, make her record covers for her fans (and put them on twitter), make her want to tour more then once every era (Mention this on twitter), and cover for her when she's not playin' the game (Mention good shit on TWITTTTTTTTTER).

It's not that hard to say:

I was writing today, a song called The Dangers of Living Loose, it's about how controversial my love life has been. Looking forward to it fans?..I am!!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN!!!
Delta Goodrem-2/02/2010

Next day

Recording this nasty little track, i want it to be the single, it's so awesome you'd be shocked, followers @ARTIN, looking forward to the album, loving my work so far
Delta Goodrem-3/02/2010

Next day

Had trouble in the studio today. My dog ate the cords. On the other hand I started this song about Brian and how I miss him @Brian MISS YOU
Delta Goodrem-4/02/2010

Rinse repeat, (basically what The Veronicas do), after working for six months say something like this:

Gave some demo's to my recording company today. They want me to redo stuff, but it will happen fans!!!! You only deserve the best, all of you
Delta Goodrem-25/06/2010

and finally after 1.5 years of hard work. After single got released in June to immense success...

fans I am proud to announce my new album: The Perils of The Day comes out 22/10/11, hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed doing it!
Delta Goodrem-05/06/2011

I mean I know she puts stuff up once a month maybe, and people have attested to that, but from my prospective, as I have said many many many times before it looks like she's just having holidays instead of working, writing, talking to important people, performing, practising, finding a band, discussing possible promotions with album.
Her twitter gives me the shits and I might just unfollow it if we don't get a date by March.

I wrote those fictional dates in about 5 minutes, it 5 minutes every day to prove she's working and give people who don't stan for her non-stop reason to support her and be excited and give a fuck (and keep haters quiet too)
c/p'd 4 truth/reality

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   Sally

Sally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I like how she replies to her fans and it's really sweet but I miss her doing those Videos like the count down for the open of the forum and stuff like that.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ She's never been shy of making a big deal out of the people who make a big deal out of her, but it's always the same people. It's like only they matter to her, never mind the other 70% of her past, currant and could be fan base who she could be talking too and making feel special.

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,736 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta's Australia Day tweet ^_^

Hope everyone is enjoying a BBQ, some sport in the back yard, being with family and friends. HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!! #ILOVEAUSTRALIA OI OI OI
12 hours ago via web

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Manage to snatch this from twitter. It's from a Jonas fan who encountered Nick and Delta after a show. The link decribes her fan experience, which is sweet and very repectful. I wanted to highlight certain things supposedly said by Delta:

so then i ask her where to get her album here and she says ” i dont really know i think ones on itunes and maybe amazon but theyre pretty pricey i cant really help with that sorry ”

” so we ask her when she leaves for the voice and she was like,” i leave in about a week, so i hope i can see him as finch again! he’s just wonderful in it” “so we tried to plan out times to meet but i will be on so many planes from here to aus,to la and back and forth ”

Take everything with a grain of salt.....

http://hayleyx3jb.tu...eart-d-my-story
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well Delta wouldnt lie, I dont see why she would say she is leaving in a week if she didnt mean that.

So as a rough idea of what we hear we can assume she will come to Australia sometime between Feb 3-12 and then return to NY to spend Valentines Day with Nick and then come back again for the Feb 20-22 audition taping, then go back to the US for that PR meeting on Feb 26. Lots of going back on forth...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Ahh thats crazy, feel sorry for D. I get really sick being on planes all the time, don't know how she does it! but thats just me... :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Managed to pick up on these tweets:

elsie dunn
hey delta_goodrem im elsie i REALLY love your music im hoping to see you on your tour with my sis i would love a tweet back x

24 Jan via web

Delta Goodrem
Awesome the next tour is going to be so exciting to do all the new songs and ones from the other records!!! xx

24 Jan via web

OK so we know there will be a new tour also but WHEN??????????

Edited by fredandadele, 31 January 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

ONLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
well i dont think the tour will be anytime soon i reckon it will be mid next year

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,736 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
New tweet pic - Australia Day celebrations in LA:
Posted Image

New tweet:

Morning World :) How is everyone doing today? Sending Love always..x
2 Feb via web