Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
But.. She *has* been tweeting.. Unless I've been missing something, she's always been mentioning what things she's been up to with tours, etc. Coming back for The Voice became a major priority though, because she had coaching to do, but yeah, I'm not seeing a disconnect from fans.. She's definitely kept in touch, from what I've seen.. Huh.

It's just when I read stuff like "all this relationship and romance BS", it has a major implication that Delta's not allowed to have a normal private life, it's all on display, always have to be working.. At least that's exactly what it looked like.. Eh. :/

Edited by MattA, 16 August 2012 - 11:29 PM.

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

But.. She *has* been tweeting.. Unless I've been missing something, she's always been mentioning what things she's been up to with tours, etc. Coming back for The Voice became a major priority though, because she had coaching to do, but yeah, I'm not seeing a disconnect from fans.. She's definitely kept in touch, from what I've seen.. Huh.

It's just when I read stuff like "all this relationship and romance BS", it has a major implication that Delta's not allowed to have a normal private life, it's all on display, always have to be working.. At least that's exactly what it looked like.. Eh. :/

We're not talking about NOW, we're talking about back then. During the waiting period in between albums.

I think her relationship/romance has to do with the media too, because when she doesn't release music they focus in on that, esp last year with her break up with brian and then dating Nick Jonas.
She is a person and she of course has a real life outside of her work, but celebs their lives are tricky and their real life does become part of the job, which is sad for them but alas it comes with the territory. (I'm not saying they aren't entitled to privacy, they are! We all are...) idk if i'm making sense.

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

We're not talking about NOW, we're talking about back then. During the waiting period in between albums.

I think her relationship/romance has to do with the media too, because when she doesn't release music they focus in on that, esp last year with her break up with brian and then dating Nick Jonas.
She is a person and she of course has a real life outside of her work, but celebs their lives are tricky and their real life does become part of the job, which is sad for them but alas it comes with the territory. (I'm not saying they aren't entitled to privacy, they are! We all are...) idk if i'm making sense.

No no, you're absolutely making sense! Thank you for the clearer clarification! :) I didn't mean tweets now though, I meant before.. Though I wasn't on the forum, so I guess I wasn't.. Y'know, in the heat of it all? I dunno, maybe I'm too respectful for my own good (Clarification: not saying you aren't! Just that I let that sort of thing be because personal stuff, yo.) :/ There was obviously a lot going on, we'll probably never really know if/why there was an actual disconnect, I just.. Hm. I don't like to make expectations of people, no matter how famous they may be. I'm just happy to see when they have something to show off. Other than that, absolutely none of my business.

I guess I simply don't expect an album at a particular interval since the previous one. I may be immune to that, thanks to all the waiting I do for games that are announced years in advance that don't get released until muuuuch later. I just end up getting to that time and going "Huh. That thing I like, it's here soon! Yay!"

Edited by MattA, 17 August 2012 - 12:06 AM.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Things are very different now... I think Matt you are reading old stuff and saying we were unfair on delta based on her current interaction with fans and promotion.. Thing is Delta did not really engage us much during the albums making.. Her twitter never kept us informed of anythin.. We relied on sanity and the press for info.. And the odd time she did talk to the media about her music she kept telling us it was nearly there or coming soon and she just went silent and never even tried to explain it to us when it wasnt happening...

Now we kinda can see between the lines that sony were a factor in the delays but hindsights great...

But the crucial thing is Delta didnt interact or engage with her fans about the music until SOTOTW was being released.. Things have changed for the better now but you cant blame us for our older posts when we were totally outta the loop

that was then
this is now

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hm.. Well, yeah, I did read those with one eyebrow raised quite high, going "Not sure if serious.." though there's been a bit of it lingering recently too, not much, but still. I'm sure there are reasons for it. I guess.. Delta needed some time to reflect? Time to just be calm and find herself again? Isn't that what Child of the Universe is about? She's had a lot to think about over the years, I can understand the reason for fans being upset then, but I can also understand that Delta has her own private/personal things that she just needed to think over.

From the recent radio interviews, I could just sense something like.. A giant weight's been lifted off her shoulders. I know we fans adore her and would absolutely support her no matter what, maybe she just needed Delta Time? I'unno, observation, that's all.. :3

I do genuinely apologise to delbrit, there just seemed to be lingering bitterness, I was unsure. :/

Edited by MattA, 17 August 2012 - 12:30 AM.

ONLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

No no, you're absolutely making sense! Thank you for the clearer clarification! :) I didn't mean tweets now though, I meant before.. Though I wasn't on the forum, so I guess I wasn't.. Y'know, in the heat of it all? I dunno, maybe I'm too respectful for my own good (Clarification: not saying you aren't! Just that I let that sort of thing be because personal stuff, yo.) :/ There was obviously a lot going on, we'll probably never really know if/why there was an actual disconnect, I just.. Hm. I don't like to make expectations of people, no matter how famous they may be. I'm just happy to see when they have something to show off. Other than that, absolutely none of my business.

I guess I simply don't expect an album at a particular interval since the previous one. I may be immune to that, thanks to all the waiting I do for games that are announced years in advance that don't get released until muuuuch later. I just end up getting to that time and going "Huh. That thing I like, it's here soon! Yay!"

Yeah I think that's the truth of it all, behind closed doors there was A LOT going on, a lot we don't know about. Oh know I get that! I'm not asking for that info to be made public knowledge, we don't need to know every single detail about Delta. We can only make assumptions from what we know and were told, and what happened from our own experience.

Haha yeah that may help you! I know i've experienced similar things with movies, I do think I probably need to lower my expectations of what I expected for in between albums/release of a new one.

I think now we do see that most of our frustrations have come about because of Sony and not because of Delta, and it's more evident with how annoyed everyone is with them atm, since they are pathetic and I wait for the day Delta changes labels.

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
And that's how you do a debate, Internet. No trolling, no flaming, just trying to find common ground. I really wasn't meaning to be all offensive or anything, just wanted to work out why there was so much.. Not hate.. Not even bitterness. Uncertainty, maybe?

Thank you, by the way. My main point was simply that a lot of this has to do with Sony being derpy. I'm positively certain that if Delta could share things with us, she would have. I mean, she's still whole-heartedly dedicated to her fans, that's proven from the in-stores/interstate visits. I mean.. Literally no one comes over from the eastern states to meet people in Perth. No one. Except Delta did. After flying around everywhere, including *London* for the Opening Ceremony of the Games..

I *am* curious as to whether Delta actually wants to change labels though.. The gig on The Voice is almost begging to have Universal swoop in.
I'm still kinda interested in some sort of Kickstarter idea. By the fans. Sounds neat, right?

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I get you totally and yes Sony are a factor in things not running so smoothly with Delta's comeback , i dont doubt that at all,

But even though I find them mind boggling in their approach to things, i cant honestly vilify them totally, Delta has to take a little responsibility for things... and this isnt bashing or lingering bitterness on my part, you may think i sound bitter about her taking so long with the album, im not , im over it now because new music is already here and its gonna keep coming (hopefully!), so i dont waste my energies moaning about the past delays,

But a part of me , the realist in me, thinks yeah Sony are handling things bad, but Delta did take too long and i kinda feel the relationship between them has just drifted apart , they got bored waiting for her to deliver music and she isnt a priority , probably alot of the people that handled Delta's past eras at Sony arent there anymore or just dont have that tight a bond with her career/music anymore because she hasnt factored into their day to day working life for years now... its kinda like any relationship, you lose touch if you arent interacting very regularly, Delta kinda cocooned herself in LA with making the music, maybe she just lost touch with the guys on the ground at the label and that explains why they havent a clue what they are doing with her now... it's a little bit sad really, but its kinda inevitable in any relationship if you lose contact/ touch...

there has to be a reason behind everything... now i could be way off, im just offering my personal take on things, im not saying that im right or wrong to think these things, its just my view, you can totally disagree with me , but dont think im a hater or bashing Delta... I just think the relationship between Delta and Sony has broken down , it just doesnt look good from the outside looking in

of course we know very little what is going on behind the scenes...we are just guessing all the time, she looks happy right now and is excited to be releasing music and that's the best we can ask for right now.

Edited by greeneyes, 17 August 2012 - 05:27 AM.

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I have to say, it's interesting that both Delta and Guy Sebastian's campaigns for their respective new albums seem to be running the same course, with similar chart results for singles released to date and both having albums that are coming later in 2012, but still have no official release date.

Given that Guy's third (and amazing) single 'Battle Scars' is now at #1, I think Sony needs to put out an amazing single for #3. Stop messing around and just push it.

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Im still amazed how well battlescars is doing. I mean with no promotion or anything it debuted at number one

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
This is guys 3rd single from his album ... It is interesting that they both have rising and falling popularity.

Maybe this means deltas 3rd single will go the same way as battle scars? Straight to the top?!!??? Cause guys second single gold wasn't as successful as the other 2.

Anyway it's a delta forum not a guy one I better stop discussing him!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Liana

Liana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I just hate how expectant and impatient we all are (and yes, I am including myself in this, I'm not having a go at others!). Because we know Delta makes amazing music and obviously we just want to hear more. But on the other hand, I guess she must have needed a big timeout for herself, otherwise she wouldn't have taken one. She wants to make the best music she can possibly make, and wants us all to love it. She's not holding out on us on purpose, for the fun of it. She's had lots of shit going on in her personal life, and she just needed to get a grip on everything and settle down. It's taken time, and I'm glad we're getting music now. But I'm sure she's sick of being pestered about new music. It'll be released when it's ready.
Of course, Sony isn't helping with the album release news and everything, but that's a bit of a side issue from my point :)

Delta Lea Goodrem; she makes it safe to believe.

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well she's ready...Sony just aren't.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Liana

Liana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I know she is now, I guess I was referring to earlier on, having gone back and read some other posts. Yeah it's Sony that is mucking around now

Delta Lea Goodrem; she makes it safe to believe.

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Well she's ready...Sony just aren't.

Hear hear brother
Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Auspop is saying that Pink's next album is being released Sept 14? :/

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Auspop is saying that Pink's next album is being released Sept 14? :/

Yeah, Sony has confirmed that and that's the date it has been for ages.

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Interesting article -

Pies' song a cakewalk for Delta
  • Confidential reporters
  • August 21, 2012 12:00AM

Posted Image

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has made a strong play to sway Delta Goodrem's footy allegiance.

Posted Image

DELTA GOODREM AND COLLINGWOOD PLAYER LUKE ROUNDS STEP OUT AT THE WAISLITZ 2012. PICTURE: SDP HWT IMAGE LIBRARY

McGuire was looking to lure Goodrem towards Magpie land at the Waislitz 2012 extravaganza, an event making a determined push for party of the year.
The gala was hosted by Alex and Heloise Waislitz, on Sunday night in Flemington, raising funds for the Collingwood Foundation.
About 1000 guests, including Nathan and Tania Buckley, Dane Swan, Alan Didak, Harry O'Brien, Matt Preston, Dermott Brereton, Molly Meldrum and Ann Peacock were treated to a night of black and white power, which saw Goodrem and hot hit-maker Timomatic among the perfomers.
Everybody Dance Now judge Jason Derulo was also there, but departed as Timomatic took to the stage.
Goodrem dazzled during her set, leaping on top of her piano while singing Sitting on Top of The World. She later dragged Magpie player Luke Rounds on stage for a groove before introducing the audience to a new song, Touch.
Interestingly, she chose not to sing her latest single, Dancing With A Broken Heart.
Spying an opportunity to snare another celebrity supporter, McGuire, who hosted proceedings after arriving home from Europe hours earlier, joined Goodrem on stage and cajoled her into singing the Magpies' song, Good Old Collingwood Forever, adding: "Put your hands together for the wonderful Delta Goodrem, who is looking for a football team."
Among Goodrem's entourage in Melbourne for the gig was her very close friend, The Voice host Darren McMullen - who she is of course not dating.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

It doesn't have that implication, that was a little bit of a big problem she used to have. READ MY ENTIRE POST...please!

This always happens, one person comes in, shames all the people who express how they actually feel instead of waving the "WOOT DELTA" flag, pisses EVERYBODY off, reminds people of feelings they had to a degree gotten over(believe me I had moved on to a degree from the angst of 2010-2011), comes off REALLy preachy to all the other people who do say how they feel. Matt read the page before the page you brought up our shitty attitudes Matt, almost 100% excitement for the new album and positive vibes over latest gigs/b-sides.
It's just so ironic that the ones who are like "people be positive" ALWAYS start shit and tell people how to feel and to "Smile" and "be positive" and "Delta didn't DO THAT" and stop being harsh on Delta, Delta is a human and therefore allowed to disconnect from fans for years, change management five times, make false promises and never tell anyone ANYTHING!!!!!!!!ONE!!!

and for the record, Delta can have love life, I give no fucks, but 9/10 humans have functional love lives and thriving careers AT THE SAME TIME!! Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus work AND play simultaneously, they can multi task and connect with there fans quiet easily, ditto The Veronicas, it's not an all or nothing game.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
At least we can now be sure the album will be out in October. Unless Sony are majorly incompetent (and it is a possibility), there's no way they're going to release the album in November when One Direction and Alicia Keys both have new albums coming out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users