Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I hope the album does come out very soon. Delta says this year but it's mid year and we haven't had any clues as to approx when abouts it will be released. I just hope can get a couple of singles and album in before Christmas.

Much and all as i want the album NOW... i want her to things properly and not rush release it at the very end of the year... if she hasnt released even a single by late october/ early november , then the wise move would be to hold off til January or February which are traditionally very quiet times worldwide for new releases... if she releases a song too late in November or December it could get lost in the Christmas season- really people mostly only buy albums that have been big hits all year as pressies for people during that time of year..

Either she pulls her finger out and gives us a single in September/ October and album early November or else i think New year would be better - and this is Australia im talking about - the last thing she needs after such a long gap is an album that sinks quickly in the Christmas rush.

OFFLINE   *Jani*

*Jani*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I'm so curious and can't wait that she'll come back to Germany! :)

Edited by *Jani*, 13 July 2011 - 05:52 AM.

Posted Image

I ♥ DELTA GOODREM

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I hope the album does come out very soon. Delta says this year but it's mid year and we haven't had any clues as to approx when abouts it will be released. I just hope can get a couple of singles and album in before Christmas.

Much and all as i want the album NOW... i want her to things properly and not rush release it at the very end of the year... if she hasnt released even a single by late october/ early november , then the wise move would be to hold off til January or February which are traditionally very quiet times worldwide for new releases... if she releases a song too late in November or December it could get lost in the Christmas season- really people mostly only buy albums that have been big hits all year as pressies for people during that time of year..

Either she pulls her finger out and gives us a single in September/ October and album early November or else i think New year would be better - and this is Australia im talking about - the last thing she needs after such a long gap is an album that sinks quickly in the Christmas rush.

Yes I think around Christmas it would be too hectic. Of course we don't want things to be rushed as Delta will want to have perfection but she has obviously finished many songs so even a single this year would be great just to keep us going!

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Yes I think around Christmas it would be too hectic. Of course we don't want things to be rushed as Delta will want to have perfection but she has obviously finished many songs so even a single this year would be great just to keep us going!

True... it would be very disappointing not to have even a single by the end of the year... i suspect we will get a single for sure sometime towards the end of the year... the album im less confident of now, as time goes on, it looks less and less likely to be this year despte Delta's promises, anytime after early november will be too competitive for her album especially when she has so much lost ground/ fans to make up.

As Brad said earlier in this thread, she has to reconnect with the teenage market who wont know her now... they are the ones with the most disposable income and more likely to buy her music so she really has to win them over

OFFLINE   silentscreamv

silentscreamv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

I cant believe we're STILL guessing when Delta will have some new material for us... New forum, same old topic tho!!!

It is getting ridiculously frustrating now at this stage... will Delta have many die hard fans left when she does get round to releasing?

I wish she would stop the duets... i know they are good experience-wise for her, but career-wise, i dont see them as any help to cracking America ... she is not duetting with contemporary artists that are big chart hitters.... so they are actually just distracting her from her own album....

I like Im not ready and all but i think the summer is going to be totally taken up with promotion on it now, so i have a bad feeling we wont be hearing anything new until maybe November/ Decemeber now or dare i say 2012!!

Yknow it was round this time - july 2007- that we had the early tidbits of info that the album was finished, the single was ready, video was going to be shot late july--- and here we are , its july 2011, and nothing still.

Delta promised in December a mid 2011 release, if she doesnt release in late 2011, i will be very disillusioned with her....

i have said it before and will say it again, she simply isnt a big enough star worldwide to get away with such long gaps between albums... only megastars like madonna and u2 can get away with it... they return years later and people are really interested in hearing their new stuff... but with delta, and i love her and all, but she isnt a big enough star, it will be a case of delta who?

also, did sony give any reason why her forum was closed... is it possible they are losing interest in her and thinking of dropping her... she is hardly very profitable for them ... having not released an album in the last 3.5 years...., i could see why they would think of dropping her...

God, i hope this isnt bad sign... that sony have lost faith in her and will half heartedly release and promote her work when ready or worse, drop her before it's ready and we have to wait for ages while she sorts things with a different label ... It is strange that she is signed to Sony and Universal at the same time i always thought... Why would Sony bust a gut promoting her worldwide only for Universal to profit in the us from her ???

im rambling, but i am getting worried about where delta's career is going

i really think she needs to get more active and start focusing seriously on her music... or am i just being harsh...

I agree with some of the things you said, i defiantly agree that she has taken far too long between albums. she is, after all a singer, and if that was what she honestly loved doing and had worked towards for her entire life, one would assume that she would constantly want to be not only releasing, but performing.

I also agree with your question about when she eventually releases how many fans will be left, there is absolutely no doubt that the number of supporters that she has that will actually buy her album and go to her concerts has significantly decreased, and will no doubt continue to decrease. you've also got to think about the general public, but at the moment no one under the age of 10 would really have any idea who she was - which was at one stage, a large portion of her target audience.

I think a lot of things need to change, fans need to become a priority once more, (does it not seem like her own fans have been given a back seat at the moment? especially to all the nick fans?) and she needs to have a strategy for release. lets hope that the way Brians single and album?? release is not an indication of how deltas will occur - otherwise, were in strife!

I honestly, completely believe in delta and her abilities, and there is no doubt it my mind that she can be just as, and hopefully more well known then she was, But i do think a lot of things need to change.

Thanks, I totally believe in Delta's talent and abilities too... i know she is capable of great things, like her past work suggests.. here's hoping this album will be handled well and promoted really well worldwide...

I agree too that the fans and her music seem to have taken a back seat, really since 2009 when she wrapped the believe again tour, she hasnt given us much noteworthy... i dont expect an album every year or anything like that and i do think it is healthy that delta goes away and lives her life for a while between albums... otherwise she would become screwed up like the Britney's of this world who never seem to truly step back and enjoy their lives outside their music careers....

but i think she had most of 2009 off, 2010 was spent partly working on the album but mostly taken off too, and halfway through 2011, she still doesnt seem to have knuckled down to concentrate on the album despite saying in December last year it was nearly finished.. she seems to work very sporadic since she took that break after Mistaken Identity... last time with the Delta album, she said she had lost interest in music and it took her while to make that album as a result so i hope she isnt disillusioned again..

i just wish she wasnt duetting and travelling all over the world these days... she really needs to block off a couple of weeks / months and concentrate on the album solely... honestly if it goes past October, and we are into starting year five of the gap between this and last album, i really will begin to doubt whether her heart is in her music at all anymore...

at the very least , we should be getting some teasers as to what is going on.

The part where you say you doubt whether her heart is in her music anymore is so so sad :(

Where is her heart these days? All she does is travel & shop. She used to be so ambitious.

Thank You Sohan

Posted Image

@silentscreamv

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

True... it would be very disappointing not to have even a single by the end of the year... i suspect we will get a single for sure sometime towards the end of the year... the album im less confident of now, as time goes on, it looks less and less likely to be this year despte Delta's promises, anytime after early november will be too competitive for her album especially when she has so much lost ground/ fans to make up.

As Brad said earlier in this thread, she has to reconnect with the teenage market who wont know her now... they are the ones with the most disposable income and more likely to buy her music so she really has to win them over

That is very true. Since she first started all of her fans are all grown up. I was 12/13 when BTT came out and I'm 21 this year! So yes she has to reconnect and also connect with even more teenagers. Thing is Delta is all grown up now too.

So basically a single and an album before the end of the year would be fantastic! If not an album before Christmas at least a single. I just wish we knew more info like I am sure everyone else does. I keep reading an album is coming but when ?? :lol: :-P

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   silentscreamv

silentscreamv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Delta has promised that the album will definitely be out this year so her & Sony probably already have a date in mind. We just have to wait...

Thank You Sohan

Posted Image

@silentscreamv

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm loving the honesty in here. Think many of us share the same concerns, opinions on the forthcoming album and its progression. Really like the comment that Believe Again was overproduced... such a good adjective for it. I could spend so much time wondering and thinking about this first single and the album. I've given up past that point.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 11:16 PM.

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 252 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Maybe the delay might be due to production ideas because I can imagine the US side of things may want it to be more pop/commercial based to ensure a hit rather than the piano/ballad style songs? just a thought...

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

The part where you say you doubt whether her heart is in her music anymore is so so sad :(

Where is her heart these days? All she does is travel & shop. She used to be so ambitious.

Exactly what i was thinking- all she ever seems to do is shop and travel these days.. lol :)

I know Delta does care for her fans- she isnt fake, you can tell she genuinely cares for her fans and i know she still has to love music too but i think ever since the cancer and the mini-backlash against her when she got with Brian- that all taught her that there are more important things in life than albums, singles, tours etc. And i actually do think it is healthy for an artist to have their own normal life away from their music career so i do think two/ three year gaps are healthy between albums, but this gap has been far too long and i could blame the Brian break up and her getting with Nick as a major life change that put music on the backburner for a while but honestly, i think she needs someone at the label to be a little more hands on with her - like A&R that gets her motivated, checks in with her and stuff... she just seems to take a bit too much of a carefree apporach to her music these days and in the long run it will only damage her career and finances and none of us can survive on fresh air alone forever haha :)

But seriously, it is beyond frustrating as fans now and i wish delta knew how we felt :(

Edited by greeneyes, 14 July 2011 - 01:31 AM.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I'm loving the honesty in here. Think many of us share the same concerns, opinions on the forthcoming album and its progression. Really like the comment that Believe Again was overproduced... such a good adjective for it. I could spend so much time wondering and thinking about this first single and the album. I've given up past that point.

It is great that we can all be so honest here... im loving this new forum :) Im glad no-one is getting flamed for expressing concerns or being a little critical of the delay with delta's music.

I am sick of checking in on google every other day for news about delta's new album or new song and ..... nothing, not a crumb of info.

It is getting very tiring... it would be great of we got SOME news before September or October - one way or the other- that it will be this year or next for the album

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Maybe the delay might be due to production ideas because I can imagine the US side of things may want it to be more pop/commercial based to ensure a hit rather than the piano/ballad style songs? just a thought...

You could be right .... maybe the label are hearing back what she is recording in the states and arent impressed or supportive of the direction she is going in but i kinda feel like she hasnt even gotten that far yet - as in has presented much of her work to the label, the lack of info makes me think she is still just being creative and trying stuff out in the studio..this worries me more, there is no way the album could be ready by the end of the year if she hasnt definite tracks and stuff laid down by now- but i could be wrong, who knows what is going on behind the scenes

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 11:17 PM.

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I am really liking the honesty on this new forum! Delta has always said that her album has to "reflect that time in her life" but really... when does life ever stop? Never! Life continues! Delta could be ready to have the album produced and the same day she breaks-up with Brian McFadden or Nick Jonas and so Delta says to her producers "Wait! This is a time in my life... let's start the album over!" I feel like if the fans have enough passion to listen to her music and look up for any kind of infomation on her music career (good or bad!) they
(Delta, her producers... anyone with that power) could give us some infomation on her upcoming projects should have enough enthusiasm to release her album this Summer as she has stated! (on more then one occasion) However, this was before she and Brian parted ways and she has since that time started a new relashionship (PR or not!) and has recieved back-lash for this! That brings forward new emotions and new music! A new "reflection in her life!"

I wouldn't care for an EP at this point! I wouldn't even like to have behind the scenes footage until after the fourth studio album is packaged and released becuase I love it when the albums are full on surprises!

I am still looking forward to her album so please make no mistake about that! Everyone who knows me can for me vouch on this! Trust me! I also love that Delta will take long breaks at a time becuase I think that a break lets one stay sane but she should feel fortunate that she is able to take these kind of breaks and still have fans that back her up and love her music at the end of the day! I do not want anyone to take this and put a nagitive spin on it! Nor use it against me as no longer being a fan! If am being honest I truly do love delays on albums becuase it makes one even more exicted for that perticular album to arrive (3 years! Even 4!) but... 5 years? That is time away from music! Delta Goodrem is taking nearly the same break that Shinia Twain did! However, Shinia Twain made a statement saying that she would be stepping back from music and concentrate on her personal life! I am very exicted to see what Delta will bring to the table within the next year! My prediction is that Delta's fourth studio album will be released in early to mid 2012!

OFFLINE   O_serendipity

O_serendipity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
love reading all your post
It's totaly what I'm thinking but can't express that in English
Oriane - 25 - France - Delta fan since 2003

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 11:18 PM.

OFFLINE   wishmaster132

wishmaster132

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I am only a fan of her since 2 or 3 years and i really love her and her music and what i like most is how she is nice to her fans and so on.
But it is really frustrating to wait and wait and wait... for new music. Looking every day on delta-daily to get some news about new music is crap. If this new forum would not exist, i nearly lost focus on her totally. No one in germany knows her and she is not quite innocent about it. 4 (maybe 5) years without a new album, that's not how it is working in business today.
I decided to save money for a trip to Sydney to see her live if this will ever happen. I have a contact there, buying tickets and so on. But when Delta, when?? :cryer:
But i don't have the feeling that she is really working hard on it. See her only shopping and running around with that kid. :angry:

Expectations on the new album are rising every day, i hope she will not disappoint me...

(Sorry if i sound a little bit frustrated, but i guess many have the same feeling)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I am only a fan of her since 2 or 3 years and i really love her and her music and what i like most is how she is nice to her fans and so on.
But it is really frustrating to wait and wait and wait... for new music. Looking every day on delta-daily to get some news about new music is crap. If this new forum would not exist, i nearly lost focus on her totally. No one in germany knows her and she is not quite innocent about it. 4 (maybe 5) years without a new album, that's not how it is working in business today.
I decided to save money for a trip to Sydney to see her live if this will ever happen. I have a contact there, buying tickets and so on. But when Delta, when?? :cryer:
But i don't have the feeling that she is really working hard on it. See her only shopping and running around with that kid. :angry:

Expectations on the new album are rising every day, i hope she will not disappoint me...

(Sorry if i sound a little bit frustrated, but i guess many have the same feeling)

Hey there, i totally understand your feelings.... and it's clear from this thread you are not alone... i think we are all very frustrated with Delta right now... she told us last December we would have an album by now (mid 2011) and now she has gone all quiet and hasnt even bothered to explain the delay and stuff....

if we were in the loop a little more and had some idea when something new was coming , it would be nice.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I am really liking the honesty on this new forum! Delta has always said that her album has to "reflect that time in her life" but really... when does life ever stop? Never! Life continues! Delta could be ready to have the album produced and the same day she breaks-up with Brian McFadden or Nick Jonas and so Delta says to her producers "Wait! This is a time in my life... let's start the album over!" I feel like if the fans have enough passion to listen to her music and look up for any kind of infomation on her music career (good or bad!) they
(Delta, her producers... anyone with that power) could give us some infomation on her upcoming projects should have enough enthusiasm to release her album this Summer as she has stated! (on more then one occasion) However, this was before she and Brian parted ways and she has since that time started a new relashionship (PR or not!) and has recieved back-lash for this! That brings forward new emotions and new music! A new "reflection in her life!"

I wouldn't care for an EP at this point! I wouldn't even like to have behind the scenes footage until after the fourth studio album is packaged and released becuase I love it when the albums are full on surprises!

I am still looking forward to her album so please make no mistake about that! Everyone who knows me can for me vouch on this! Trust me! I also love that Delta will take long breaks at a time becuase I think that a break lets one stay sane but she should feel fortunate that she is able to take these kind of breaks and still have fans that back her up and love her music at the end of the day! I do not want anyone to take this and put a nagitive spin on it! Nor use it against me as no longer being a fan! If am being honest I truly do love delays on albums becuase it makes one even more exicted for that perticular album to arrive (3 years! Even 4!) but... 5 years? That is time away from music! Delta Goodrem is taking nearly the same break that Shinia Twain did! However, Shinia Twain made a statement saying that she would be stepping back from music and concentrate on her personal life! I am very exicted to see what Delta will bring to the table within the next year! My prediction is that Delta's fourth studio album will be released in early to mid 2012!

Yes, I know what you're saying. A break is good but not too long. I hope Delta delivers a top-class album. 2012 please! I cannot wait anymore.

2012 is starting to look more realistic but im *HOPING* November will be the month for the album, it really is the earliest we can hope for now, September/ October are out of the question Im guessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users