Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

People are fucked. Someone who is pissed off about there not being an album name or release date just wants to make a point and its so idiotic. Patience, its coming people!

This. Main focus now is the single or singles, if there's another. The album will follow.

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Totally agree. There's no rush. There's enough Delta going on at the moment to keep me entertained.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
2013! well wikipedia is totally useless.. i have given up checking it anymore for delta cuz some of the album titles were so ridiculously fake...

but come off it people.. you wouldnt mind a 2013 release.. seriously?!

i would consider her career in a very dangerous place if they dont release the album after a second single in july or august or september at the latest... didnt she say she was touring in october.. she wouldnt tour without an album... 2013 would be disastrous.. i dont believe it for a second

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Goodrem's upcoming fourth studio album, which is right now lacking a title or a theme, has been pushed back to early 2013 as Goodrem continues to write and record new material. Gooodrem has stated that it will be more "stripped back": "I've done a 360 back to where I started, but hopefully it's more evolved. I feel I've stepped up my game. I'm experimenting with different chord changes and different areas of music. I feel I can do anything on this album, I'm relishing that. I feel like the sky's the limit but at the same time it's very raw."

Wikipedia

When I said Innocent Eyes' 10th Anniversary would come before her 4th album was released people said i was nuts :D

Edited by time-ticks, 07 May 2012 - 06:48 PM.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Didn't some people ask Delta at the instores about the album & she said it's going to print next month?
If this is the case I can imagine it being released between June & Aug.

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think Delta herself said the going to print part in an interview on radio :)

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Based off what she said at the Miranda instore on April 18, it seems most likely that the album will be released this year within the coming months. She said, and I quote word for word: 'I'm just putting a little bow on it, tying it up and sending it to the press room in the next month or two.'

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Didnt know where to post this, but contestant Michelle performed Born To Try on The Biggest Loser finale tonight!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
When do people think the second single will appear? I feel a debut performance on The Voice would make it a sure hit but at the same time its way too soon. Sitting On Top Of The World needs to be 'the thing' for at least another 6 weeks which is actually when the show finishes so I dunno.

I'm under the impression that the winners single is performed on the Grand Final Performances Show and then downloads count as 2 votes so perhaps #1 would happen for The Voice Winner leading up to the Grand Final Results Show - which doesnt really make for exciting television, I hope its not that obvious. Anyways, Delta could just as easily perform the song on that extremely high-rating finale giving the song massive exposure but not releasing the song til Friday in order for The Voice winner to have 'their moment'. I mean I think its expected that The Voice will showcase their coaches - they pay so much for them and X Factor does the same. Of course the song would go gangbusters if people could download the song straight away and wouldnt have to wait a little over 3 days but it'd be the worst thing if Delta got in the way of the Winner of The Voice. I mean she wouldnt beat the winner anyway but her even trying to would just be so terribly received - from me included.

So performing on the finale and releasing the song on the Friday (June 22) in my opinion is the only way to coincide Delta releasing her second single with The Voice - and its the best way too, obviously with the finale usually being the highest rating episode (not with The Voice necessarily but with Australian TV shows in general). And its so fitting too - release first single on the very first episode with a performance (through the Logies) and then debut the second single on the very last episode with a performance on The Voice.

And then people could bitch and moan about Delta trying to steal their moment, but shes not because the other coaches would probably perform as well. I'm hoping Keith performs one of his really well-known songs that all of Australia has not heard so we can finally embrace him as a nation. Even if its performed with his remaining contestant, that'd be really nice.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Even if the second single was readily available after the performance (if there was one on the grand final), it wouldn't be that frowned upon.. I mean Guy Sebastian sang his song on the final last year as well on XF and was head to head with Reece on the charts.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Thats right - Guy did go head to head with his winning contestant and got no shit for it last year. Weird. Delta definitely would though

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Of course Delta would! it's got easy target written all over it! Maybe she should - it would get people talking?

I reckon the second single is not all that far away to be honest. I feel like SOTOTW was a warm up for what is going to be a big second single.

I don't know how it's going to unfold though. Hopefully it's tasteful and works well though!

Edited by Adam :), 10 May 2012 - 09:39 AM.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
SOTOTW is almost a month old since it's release. It has flown by, it has charted well but I must say I've barely heard it on the radio or seen it on T.V. Although, in saying that I haven't listened to radio or watched music channels too much. Love SOTOTW but definitely starting to crave the next single. It's hard to get a feel for this album without knowing an official track listing / album title. Generally you can work out whether a song will be a ballad or uptempo based on the song titles. Ideally, I think an "Uncovered" style, piano driven song would be perfect for the next single.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I miss the days when an single would come out and maybe 2 weeks later information about the album would come out,
but whatever YMMV, differing opinions, respectful of each other, agree to disagree, playing nice, not getting/taking things personally blah blah blah
It's not just Delta, there are about 20 new albusm coming this year which I want, TWO which maybe have tracklists/concepts/titles.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think its really important that Delta has two singles before the album. Simply because shes been away for so long, she needs to be relevant again and she needs to have long lasting success. If she were to release one single and then the album, theres every chance the second single would bomb and so would the entire era. At least she has a proper chance for two successful singles before the album and then hopefully the third single will be the 'album standout' that will make both the third single and album go absolutely phenomenal. 2xP would be unreal. If the album hits 2xP then she has done really really well. 3xP would be like 'OH MY GOD! Do an arena tour!' hahaha.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She needs the second single to be released before the album is released. If the second single is released after the album she will find herself back to where she started in 2007! I can only hope she releases a second single before the album!

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
COMPLETELY DISREGARD THIS POST! I have been writing it for like 2 hours and I'm just talking shit, thinking out aloud.

-----------------------

As of September 2010 - here are Deltas Ten Biggest Selling Songs
Delta Goodrem's Top 10 Year HP Points 1 Born To Try ▲³ 2002 #1 220,114 2 Lost Without You ▲² 2003 #1 174,045 3 Predictable ▲² 2003 #1 165,829 4 Innocent Eyes ▲ 2003 #1 120,480 5 Not Me, Not I ▲ 2003 #1 119,203 6 Out Of The Blue ▲ 2004 #1 115,289 7 Almost Here ▲ (with Brian McFadden) 2005 #1 110,259 8 In This Life ▲ 2007 #1 98,477 9 Together We Are One ● 2006 #2 62,198 10 Believe Again ● 2007 #2 49,055

Together We Are One is the only one thats even close to a next accreditation - the rest have no chance for at least another 5-10 years lol.

If SOTOTW could go 4xP it would be her biggest selling single, regardless of if the times have changed or not. Its possible if Delta performs it on The Voice perhaps on June 4 but we'll see. I really think that is whats important - making the first single simply blow up! Releasing the second single within a months time so it is in conjunction with The Voice is really really soon and Delta's #1 priority really should be 'The Voice' anyway. Its a massive job working with her contestants and she shouldnt risk the opportunity by working on a video and promoting her song as it is a massive distraction and then she may not get invited next year. The show is really great for her. I mean its not obvious right now with all the negative press but people will warm to her (they will see that who she is not an act and is actually her, but in a nicer light) and I can see the show being massively beneficial for her now but more explicitly on the second season.

The second single can be released late June/early July before a mid-July album release. I'm feeling a July 20 release. That way, after The Voice Delta has heaps of time to properly promote the album by going on ALL the different TV shows and radio shows and doing 'expose' interviews with all print media and it'd be perfect timing with Delta at the ARIA's as the album should get nominated for Best Female Artist, Best Pop Release, Highest Selling Single (if SOTOTW is performed on The Voice ;) ) and Most Popular Australian Artist. It would be awesome if she could get nominated for Single of the Year (probably the second single if its massive) and Album of the Year (highly unlikely). Delta could be scrouging for 6 nominations but she would be expected to get 3 nominations. However she could get snubbed for the third time as in the MI + Delta era's she didnt get nominated for anything - only Highest Selling Single/Album which was decided by the fans and not the ARIA Board. [2004 doesnt count as that was still Innocent Eyes time]. Here's hoping the ARIA board finally change their mind about Delta and start welcoming her again. I mean its almost 10 years since her mammoth awards - surely her longevity is credible enough to frickin get over it!

As for those who think '2nd single should premiere on The Voice' - I once agree with you but not now. Whilst it is priceless promotion - I feel that it would be seen as Delta 'using the show' and 'making it all about her' and simply competing against the artists. It'd be great to release the 2nd single after the 1st single has done exceptionally well. Thats the key to the success of a single - have a previous single do really well around the same time. That way the song gets added to radio quick and people embrace 'the new Delta song'. I also think its really good for the albums sake that she has two successful singles in the Top 50 at the same time. Its like 'wow, I gotta get that album if the first two singles are amazing' sorta thing.

Delta actually did that with Believe Again (#2) and In This Life (#17) which shows how big of a song ITL was. The album did phenomenally. 13 weeks in the Top Ten! Even rising to #3 on its 10th week! Delta was doing really well for that period and then something just went wrong hey. I think it felt like Delta was everywhere from September 2007 to January 2008 and then it just went from #12 in its 14th week (January) to #40 three weeks later (February). By the time she released You Will Only Break My Heart in March it was like 'GO AWAY'.

I really feel that if Delta did a proper tour in March as opposed to the AMAZING 'A Night With Delta' shows that the era would have been saved. Because the 3rd + 4th singles did terribly and it couldnt have been the quality of the songs. I thought YWOBMH was a very good attempt at Delta being poppy and its great live and ICBITMH is one of Delta's best songs IMO. Believe Again didnt do what it was supposed to do. Believe Again was meant to be this big amazing single - which I actually believe still defines Delta as an artist today - but it didnt work for some reason. One reason could be because the album was released first and the album did soooooo well because of Believe Again, but then again if a song is really that good - it should've done a little better.

Anyways, the fact that they are releasing the second single before the album (I'm suspecting) really eliminates all that and it lets the era properly extend as the Delta era shouldve. I dont see why they didnt do it in 2007, it would've been really smart. To release In This Life in mid-September, then release Believe Again in mid-November where it would've hit #1 (Veronicas did with Hook Me Up - must've been a slow week...) and then massive album release Early December would've been blockbuster for Christmas time and it would've been massive when the third single was released and then everything would've been success success success. Whereas it was like 'WOAH!' all the way down to 'Wtf is Delta doing a tour in 2009' because she was massively irrelevant for almost a year before that tour since the album and the rest of the singles bombed in February 2008.

At least now 2012 seems to be just 'bang bang bang' and the era is sure to take over for most of 2013
Delta should completely take over in Australia. Second single June 29, album release July 20 and then theatre tour in September.
In August Delta could release the album in Asia/NZ - only really takes about 4 days to do maximum publicity in each of those countries and its not really worth her time financially to spend too much time in those places as the market is so small there but its also so significant as she can do a world tour covering those places later on as the foundation is set.

I feel that Delta should knock off Australia and Asia/NZ early on in the era so that when she is doing the US, she can do it properly. If it wasnt obvious enough, Delta's lack of international success was one of the main reasons why the artists picked Seal, Joel and Keith over her. She hadnt released music in 5 years and was considered the weakest option. Whilst she will change that alone with a successful 2012 album, its clear that Delta's career wont ever really take off unless she makes it worldwide and she has SO much potential its like just frickin do it already. So I believe album release July, August knocks off Asia/NZ and September tour leaves Delta to go to US late September and knock em dead with the first single.

I think Delta should approach her U.S. release as if she is giving everything she's got. Release two singles before the album. Repackage the album so that fans who have already pirated the Australian version have a reason to buy the U.S. version. Make sure she performs on every single show in the U.S. that she can. There is a U.S. version of The Voice due September 2012 and she can use her ties with the network to get that. There will probably be a Dancing With The Stars season in September 2012 and she can persuade the producers who should be familiar with when she 'saved them'. Make sure she uses her connections with David Foster which is massive in itself. Marc Jordan is good himself considering he did so much for Rihanna anyway. I could even see Delta doing a massive August trip to the US including going to the key radio stations that made her #1 last time as well as doing a high profile performance. I can see Delta on Ellen. I can see her with a Top 50 album.

I see really big things for Delta. It is her new home. She is willing to go everywhere and do it all right and she cant be distracted by Australia when
she's doing it. So I dont know what the plan will be. As I was saying she has got to give it all shes got. I know she wants to come back and do a second season of The Voice and I'm glad she wants to because its such a great show.

I could see Delta doing her tour in Concert Hall of the Opera House. Its elegant, suits her audience base and would be really special as well as allowing Delta to sell out concert after concert as the capacity is around 2600. She could also do the same with Hamer Hall in Melbourne (also 2600) and the QPAC Concert Hall in Brisbane (1600). I think doing this sort of tour early on in the era allows her to feel like she's done her bit in Australia and can work internationally and perhaps do an arena tour in between Battle Rounds and Live Shows in 2013.

ugh why bother reading! im talking shit. i only posted cause i spent so much time thinking about it. im not gonna justify anything i've said cause it is all shit

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

COMPLETELY DISREGARD THIS POST! I have been writing it for like 2 hours and I'm just talking shit, thinking out aloud.

----------------------

Delta Goodrem's Top 10 Year HP Points 1 Born To Try ▲³ 2002 #1 220,114 2 Lost Without You ▲² 2003 #1 174,045 3 Predictable ▲² 2003 #1 165,829 4 Innocent Eyes ▲ 2003 #1 120,480 5 Not Me, Not I ▲ 2003 #1 119,203 6 Out Of The Blue ▲ 2004 #1 115,289 7 Almost Here ▲ (with Brian McFadden) 2005 #1 110,259 8 In This Life ▲ 2007 #1 98,477 9 Together We Are One ● 2006 #2 62,198 10 Believe Again ● 2007 #2 49,055

Sorry, I haven't read your post yet - I might do so later (or not!).
But I've seen this before, and I'm interested to know what these "Points" are.
Are there any sales figures available for the singles?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
DONT READ IT! haha. its a trap. I've literally gone crazy, thinking about Delta for almost 3 hours now. Dont do it! Dont read my post that makes no sense

But yes they do

Delta Goodrem's Top 10
1 Born To Try ▲³ - 220,114
2 Lost Without You ▲² - 174,045
3 Predictable ▲² - 165,829
4 Innocent Eyes ▲ - 120,480
5 Not Me, Not I ▲ - 119,203
6 Out Of The Blue ▲ - 115,289
7 Almost Here ▲ - 110,259
8 In This Life ▲ - 98,477
9 Together We Are One ● - 62,198
10 Believe Again ● - 49,055

● = Gold (35K to less than 70K)
▲ = Platinum (at least 70K).

As we can see TWAO is the only one remotely close to another certification. Considering SOTOTW is now Platinum, you'd assume it is her 9th highest selling single. But these units are at Sept 2010

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

People are fucked. Someone who is pissed off about there not being an album name or release date just wants to make a point and its so idiotic. Patience, its coming people!

Sorry I'm curious what an artist is doing artistically. Especially a singer songwriter who's main job is MUSIC!
You know an ARTIST who gets paid to do ART!
A person who gets paid to create music for people to live their lives to.
Sorry I want to know what a song title is and the tracklist of an album coming "Soon"
I'm REALLLY sorry I still care for this album after the last five years of NOTHING but rumours
I apologize for offending you with caring so much and showing curiousity!
I hope never to do such a hateful offensive passionate thing as care for Delta and her art

ever again!

but really, sorry for caring so much for an album I've been waiting FIVE YEARS FOR!

And ya'll wonder why she lives in fucking backlash dom, it's either blindly following her or DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE! when it comes to Delta fans SERIOUSLY!
Chill Brad, I remember when you used to be cool!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users