Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   harekrishna

harekrishna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

I'm really hoping there's a b-side of I'm Not Ready that is just Delta singing it on the first single!

Do singles still have b-sides?
HARE KRISHNA
HARE KRISHNA
KRISHNA KRISHNA
HARE HARE

HARE RAMA
HARE RAMA
RAMA RAMA
HARE HARE

http://news.iskcon.com/
http://dandavats.com/

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It is optional.
Nowadays it is common to make the B-side free in order to give more to fans.
Delta priced the I Cant Break It To My Heart package includes In This Life Remix, Burn For You (Live) and Edge of Seventeen Live Medley for the price of one (1.69).

I'm hoping there will be more b-sides from this era.

We got 5 last time
- Take Me Home
- Breathe In Breathe Out
- Fever
- Unsure
- Fortune and Love

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,935 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yeah I hope there will be a lot more B-sides too! Delta must have a load of songs from the pasts few years! I hope she shares them.

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
she honestly will have like 3 albums worth of material... i wonder if she will just leave them in their era and not release them.

Flawed and Possessionless were Mistaken Identity cut-offs and we were lucky to hear them the way we did :\

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,935 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I really hope she will. She said she did lots of acoustic stuff (I think) when she was in America in 2008 so I hope she wont leave them out just because they are older. If she doesn't feel they are relevant and worth putting on the album, then they could be B-sides or additional tracks if she does a limited edition/deluxe album release. I'd much prefer B-sides to remixes or live versions of previously released songs.

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I never thought of it like that! I just assumed Delta would release the best songs from the entire time writing since the 'Delta' release but maybe she has approached the album like that... time will tell.

I appreciate remixes but nowadays it is common to release an digital remix album so hopefully they can just do that and leave the single releases for B-sides!

Its crazy that some of her b-sides are my favourite of her songs. Right There Waiting, Beautiful Madness, How A Dream Looks, Silence Be Heard, Take Me Home... love love love them.

I wonder how they are going to hype up the first single - if they are going to at all. Vanessa Amorosi has done this whole 'gossip bomb' thing which seems alright. I remember Delta did that 10 day countdown for official website which was cool. Now she's got twitter and seemingly the support of her US Universal/Decca label so I reckon we should expect high class worldwide music videos and more hype...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,935 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I never thought of it like that! I just assumed Delta would release the best songs from the entire time writing since the 'Delta' release but maybe she has approached the album like that... time will tell.

I appreciate remixes but nowadays it is common to release an digital remix album so hopefully they can just do that and leave the single releases for B-sides!

Its crazy that some of her b-sides are my favourite of her songs. Right There Waiting, Beautiful Madness, How A Dream Looks, Silence Be Heard, Take Me Home... love love love them.

I wonder how they are going to hype up the first single - if they are going to at all. Vanessa Amorosi has done this whole 'gossip bomb' thing which seems alright. I remember Delta did that 10 day countdown for official website which was cool. Now she's got twitter and seemingly the support of her US Universal/Decca label so I reckon we should expect high class worldwide music videos and more hype...

Yeah many of her B-sides are album worthy, but I believe she didn't put them on the album because they didn't fit or didn't flow right, or something like that! My favourite B-sides are BIBO, TMH and Visualise.

I was thinking about the lead up to the next era myself the other day and actually had a look at all those countdown videos. I remember with that site that we got from that countdown was actually changed soon after!! I've also had a look at other artist's websites too. I think it's good the way they have a page just about the single/album release and then a link to the main site. That gives people a direct message that there is new material out!

I really am disappointed though. I desperately wanted Delta to involve us more with the 'process' this time round. She is sooo secretive!! I am genuinely interested to know how these things work and how much effort it actually takes to get an album out there. I loved those couple of 'Studio diary' videos we got back in 2007. They were fantastic and gave us a real insight. However, I seem to remember they were released right before the big promo started, rather than when those sessions had actually taken place several months before! I so wanted Delta's site to obviously show that she was in the studio working on the next album, whilst also keeping us informed of her appearances, such as in the US recently. I would appreciate so much if they uploaded a picture every now and again or Delta in the studio or a tiny video! Anything! Any tiny insight would be good!! I appreciate that we sometimes see behind the scenes stuff later on, but it would be great to feel involved during this 'down time' between albums. I know Delta has shared pictures and some info on Twitter, but I'd love for it to be more 'official' by being on her website. I don't know, maybe it's just me :P

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 11:04 PM.

OFFLINE   O_serendipity

O_serendipity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I am disappointed that there is every little fan-interaction. We aren't kept updated via her website. Thanks to this site we are informed on the latest news and updates on the new album. It would be a good idea if Delta created a series of videos capturing the album's creative process and her American journey. We have been waiting [patiently] for the release of Delta's fourth album. I believe this would keep fans happy whilst we await new album details. Delta's team and her herself need to use the social-networking sites to move forward. It would help relaunch her career and uppering her profile in America. I hope the official website gets a relauch. It needs to be updated on a regular basis, and provide better links and information.

I believe in Delta and her music. She is an amazing artist. I wish she wouldn't take such a long pause in-between albums. We deserve more. We are loyal fans. I love her though.

~Louisa

totally agree !!

I need more udpates I'm going crazy now !
Oriane - 25 - France - Delta fan since 2003

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I just found more titles on the new APRA Works website. These titles are under 'Delta Goodrem' - performer and hence may have been attributed to her if she has sung it as a cover or recorded the song sometime in the last 10 years, so maybe there are no 'actual' new songs... but I havent seen them before. I'm assuming if they were not written by her that they are either a cover, or a song recorded for her unreleased 2002 album 'Delta'. I've bolded the ones she has written.

BALLERINA DANCE PIZZINGA V/ROCHE G/GOODREM D
Performers: Title DELTA GOODREM(AU)

BETTER IF WE WALK AWAY ESCOFFERY M/HAMMOND H/SIMPSON A

ENERGY BARLOW G/KENNEDY E/WOODCOCK T

GET YOU INTO MY LIFE DENNIS C/BARLOW G/WOODCOCK T
Show all performers: Title DELTA GOODREM(AU)

LAS VEGAS LULLABY CHAMBERS G/ZIZZO P

PORCELAIN GAD T/GOODREM D

So I guess the only one we can assume is for the new album is the one with Toby Gad called Porcelain :)

Posted Image

ONLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Oh My Goodness! They all sound fabulous! However, I must say that "Ballerina Dance" and
"Las Vegas Lullaby" sound so wonderful. The titles of the songs even give me goose-pimples! I am so excited for her new album to be released! It seems as if it has been ages since we have recieved new music from Delta! Here is to hoping that the album will soon be seen on shelves around the world!

Edited by Memories, 03 July 2011 - 11:08 AM.

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   harekrishna

harekrishna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

I just found more titles on the new APRA Works website. These titles are under 'Delta Goodrem' - performer and hence may have been attributed to her if she has sung it as a cover or recorded the song sometime in the last 10 years, so maybe there are no 'actual' new songs... but I havent seen them before. I'm assuming if they were not written by her that they are either a cover, or a song recorded for her unreleased 2002 album 'Delta'. I've bolded the ones she has written.

So I guess the only one we can assume is for the new album is the one with Toby Gad called Porcelain :)

Thanks!
HARE KRISHNA
HARE KRISHNA
KRISHNA KRISHNA
HARE HARE

HARE RAMA
HARE RAMA
RAMA RAMA
HARE HARE

http://news.iskcon.com/
http://dandavats.com/

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Thanks Brad. It is exciting to think there are so many songs we haven't even heard about will hopefully will eventually :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
thanks brad :)

ONLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Thanks Brad :D

Is this a new one too, Because i saw that it was added later than Porcelain

BLACK AND WHITE EGIZII A/MUSUMECI D/GOODREM D

Edited by In_This_Life, 03 July 2011 - 11:01 PM.

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Thanks Brad :D

Is this a new one too, Because i saw that it was added later than Porcelain

BLACK AND WHITE EGIZII A/MUSUMECI D/GOODREM D

YES IT IS! musumeci is the guy (other than rob conley) who wrote on brians wall of soundz album! Quite exciting.,. Bring on the music!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
I love hearing these new song titles, but I'm just hoping we get to hear some of them!

10593262-ad5c-4744-bcc1-ecb28765656b_zps

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Hopefully we'll hear something soon

I'd like to have at least a single before October time and maybe the album in time for Christmas? :)

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I cant believe we're STILL guessing when Delta will have some new material for us... New forum, same old topic tho!!!

It is getting ridiculously frustrating now at this stage... will Delta have many die hard fans left when she does get round to releasing?

I wish she would stop the duets... i know they are good experience-wise for her, but career-wise, i dont see them as any help to cracking America ... she is not duetting with contemporary artists that are big chart hitters.... so they are actually just distracting her from her own album....

I like Im not ready and all but i think the summer is going to be totally taken up with promotion on it now, so i have a bad feeling we wont be hearing anything new until maybe November/ Decemeber now or dare i say 2012!!

Yknow it was round this time - july 2007- that we had the early tidbits of info that the album was finished, the single was ready, video was going to be shot late july--- and here we are , its july 2011, and nothing still.

Delta promised in December a mid 2011 release, if she doesnt release in late 2011, i will be very disillusioned with her....

i have said it before and will say it again, she simply isnt a big enough star worldwide to get away with such long gaps between albums... only megastars like madonna and u2 can get away with it... they return years later and people are really interested in hearing their new stuff... but with delta, and i love her and all, but she isnt a big enough star, it will be a case of delta who?

also, did sony give any reason why her forum was closed... is it possible they are losing interest in her and thinking of dropping her... she is hardly very profitable for them ... having not released an album in the last 3.5 years...., i could see why they would think of dropping her...

God, i hope this isnt bad sign... that sony have lost faith in her and will half heartedly release and promote her work when ready or worse, drop her before it's ready and we have to wait for ages while she sorts things with a different label ... It is strange that she is signed to Sony and Universal at the same time i always thought... Why would Sony bust a gut promoting her worldwide only for Universal to profit in the us from her ???

im rambling, but i am getting worried about where delta's career is going

i really think she needs to get more active and start focusing seriously on her music... or am i just being harsh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users