Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Why not 2011?
The official bio updated with a probable late 2011 release worldwide.

Do you guys reckon she should release album in Australia first or simultaneously?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I think the emergence of artists like Adele bring back the more raw piano ballad type of music. If Delta could produce an album similar to that standard then she will definitely be successful around the world. Good to see that this style of music is being brought back to provide a break from the overload of dancey songs, same with Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts.

I think the emergence of artists like Adele bring back the more raw piano ballad type of music. If Delta could produce an album similar to that standard then she will definitely be successful around the world. Good to see that this style of music is being brought back to provide a break from the overload of dancey songs, same with Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts.

I'm honestly kinda surprised how well Adele's album has performed on the charts. I think that just shows that there is still a market for those big ballads and piano which will hopefully benefit Delta when she releases the new album.

Cannot wait for the album! Hopefully there won't be such a long wait for more releases from her.

I agree with both these posts. I seriously love Adele and am also surprised at how well she has done. She has 2 singles in the top 5 on the iTunes chart at the moment! That's pretty spectacular. And I think Delta's style is quite similar - and fingers crossed all this waiting will be worth it, and Delta will produce an amazing album with more songs that are true to her roots. Adele's success has definitely created a space where Delta can also be successful. I hope she jumps at the opportunity and releases her album soon.

As for duets, I wouldn't be surprised if her first single is a duet with Nick Jonas just because he is so famous in the US. In all honesty it would be really good publicity - but the question is, will it be with right publicity? Nick Jonas has a strong association with disney and all those stars like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus etc. I honestly don't think Delta fits that and I hope she doesn't get strongly associated with that just because she's hanging with Nick Jonas.

But yeah - an album ASAP pleaseeeee hehe :)

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Nichole-Delta

Nichole-Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Can't wait for the new album. It's gunna be big. :) hopefully a single soon. :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

As for duets, I wouldn't be surprised if her first single is a duet with Nick Jonas just because he is so famous in the US. In all honesty it would be really good publicity - but the question is, will it be with right publicity? Nick Jonas has a strong association with disney and all those stars like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus etc. I honestly don't think Delta fits that and I hope she doesn't get strongly associated with that just because she's hanging with Nick Jonas.

But yeah - an album ASAP pleaseeeee hehe :)

I'm all up for Delta doing a duet with Nick on his album and him releasing that as a single but I really do not want her to have him singing on her album. He can produce/write/play instruments all he likes :P

I think if Delta were to have a duet on this album, it should be with someone really credible. A virtually unknown artist who is very talented, or a successful artist whose been around for a while. Like Michael Buble... that'd be quite cool.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Why not 2011?

Do you guys reckon she should release album in Australia first or simultaneously?

I think Australia first.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   runningaway8

runningaway8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I think release in Australia, and promote. Then branch out to other places and promote as well. That way, she can actually give each place the proper promotion it deserves, and really get the album out there properly. Just releasing with no promotion not always the best! Especially in the places she has not released/been to for a while!

R.I.P My beautiful baby. December 1st 1997 - December 20th 2011. Best dog in the world.

1st August 2010 - 22nd February 2011: US, Canada and Bahamas!
1st November - 19th December 2011: Europe!

Moved to London: September 2012!

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I want Delta's new album to be like Nerina Pallot's latest "Year of the Wolf."

I've never heard a more beautifully cohesive album; all the tracks flow - it's truly a masterpiece. The thing Nerina was able to do was give herself a more polished sound. She still sounds like herself and maintained her sound and songwriting tone, but she just grew up, and I think that's what Delta needs to do. Have an album that shows her maturity.

I know that "Delta" was supposed to do that for her, but I really feel like it backfired as the singles, aside from ITL, were only a semi-success as Toastie said.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think she shouldn't release simultaneously but there shouldn't be more than a month's gap between the Australian, American, and possibly European release.

I'm a little curious if this will album will slightly be in the 'concept album' territory because it seems to the be the trend that album artists are going towards.

OFFLINE   s.omner

s.omner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Can't wait to hear more of her beautiful ballads.

do you: twitter? tumblr?

how empty of me to be so full of you

OFFLINE   Jordana

Jordana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I think delta absolutely has the potential to be huge again here in australia and hopefully world wide, I think she needs to go back to basics, like what we saw in I'm not ready - piano and voice, that, alongside her personality is what we/Australia fell in love with in the first place and can absolutely be what rekindles the relationship between delta and Australia. Honesty, piano, her voice - she's definitely got it, fingers crossed thats what we see more of in the 'next era'

Edited by Jordana, 22 June 2011 - 06:04 PM.

OFFLINE   xAlicia

xAlicia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
^ I agree!
Either way i'm excited for the new era and the album :D

11/8/12, 12/8/12

Shower me in confetti raining down from open skies

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I’m thinking Oct for a single Christmas for album release.

:)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,935 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Why not 2011?

I only just noticed that!

"Delta is currently based in Los Angeles where she is writing her new album which is due out worldwide in late 2011."

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

To summarise, there are three things I want from this next album/era:

-Emotional/raw songs with just Delta and her piano.
-A UK/European release.
-A UK/European tour.

One thing I'd rather not have:

-More duets!

~Michelle xx

I agree, no more duets! I want to hear Delta, not Delta and [insert random artist here]

I seriously can't wait for this new album. Listening to I'm Not Ready got me excited for the new era and some new back to basics tunes :)

10593262-ad5c-4744-bcc1-ecb28765656b_zps

OFFLINE   innocentdeltafan

innocentdeltafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

-A UK/European release.
-A UK/European tour.

-More duets!

~Michelle xx

I agree, no more duets! I want to hear Delta, not Delta and [insert random artist here]

I seriously can't wait for this new album. Listening to I'm Not Ready got me excited for the new era and some new back to basics tunes :)

I like duets but yes no more at the moment. I prefer Delta to be releasing her own music than performing with many other artists which perhaps is delaying the process of her album release even more. Great for her career but still just want Detla's music :)

Edited by innocentdeltafan, 22 June 2011 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

-A UK/European release.
-A UK/European tour.

-More duets!

~Michelle xx

Agree with no more duets! Just want Delta :)

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
yeah no more duets please...just want deltas new album

OFFLINE   IHeartDelta

IHeartDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Empty

Edited by IHeartDelta, 12 February 2012 - 10:58 PM.

OFFLINE   Shanny

Shanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am watching every day for news on the CD release. All the publicity and promo of Delta in the US is great, and like it or not, her relationship, whether working, personal, or both, with Nick Jonas has really gotten her in the media spotlight. This can only help her career in the states. I really don't understand why "In This Life" being on VH1 3 years ago did not get her more exposure. Love "I'm Not Ready" but my first choice for a duet partner would have been Richard Marx. Delta's my girl but he's my guy, gotta promote 'em both! She's got amazing talent and I hope this is only the beginning of the USA realizing who she is.........
Favorite Delta songs: You Are My Rock, Out of the Blue, Butterfly, Will You Fall For Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users