Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Era

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

The New Era
Delta's fourth studio album

What we know about Delta's upcoming album here.

Discuss! :)

Artin

My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Miss Jahan

Miss Jahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
...well we're waiting patiently for her 4th album!!! haha

We probably wont get a single til mid/late Sept and album probably mid/late Nov... maybe if we are lucky haha

Im hoping to see more songs like 'Im Not Ready' on her album!! such a strong powerful heart felt song!!! Also songs like Breathe In Breathe Out, Take Me Home, Not Me Not I, Predictible, Extraordinary Day, Fragile, Last Night On Earth!

I love it when Delta and Vince team up.... this is gonna be an amazing album!!

Either way i can't wait!! sooo excited! :) Xoxo

Edited by Miss Jahan, 27 July 2011 - 05:19 PM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,741 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
No idea when its coming. Could be soon. I'd say earliest we'd get it is October, I'm expecting a December release myself - but it could be in 2012. Either way, when its ready for release Delta will be wowing the world over.

I really hope theres a raw track on there. On Innocent Eyes, there was Will You Fall For Me. Mistaken Identity - Fragile :wub:
On Delta, it seemed there was no raw raw track. Which sucked. I Cant Break It To My Heart is kind of raw, but I'm hoping we get the 'duet with the piano' as Michelle pointed out back on DGOF.

Piano and Vocals with Raw Vulnerable Lyrics is what I want Miss Goodrem!

Love love love I'm Not Ready...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
i suppose all i can say is.... I AM SUPER EXCITED for the new album. when i heard 'i'm not ready' it really reminded me of why i love delta and how much i enjoy listening to her music. and her voice is phenomenal.

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think the emergence of artists like Adele bring back the more raw piano ballad type of music. If Delta could produce an album similar to that standard then she will definitely be successful around the world. Good to see that this style of music is being brought back to provide a break from the overload of dancey songs, same with Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Ellen

Ellen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I can't wait for the new album either. I hope there's a song on it she wrote togheter with Lucie Silvas because I love them both!
I also love I'm not ready, especially the lyrics.! I have to admit I'm not a great fan of Michael's voice to be honest. I always wonder what the song would have sounded lik if she had sang it alone. But I still love the duet.
Let's hope we get an album in 2011, but I can wait longer. When she's ready she will release it!

xoxo

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It really annoys me that Delta has taken this long to release another album. When you think of it this way - since Visualise tour, Delta has released one album, and that tour was 6 years ago. Sure she has done another tour since then and several other things, but reality is, is that one album in that time is ridiculous. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2003 and still managed an album in 2004. Then a long break until a later 2007 release and now nothing since 2011. And we got 4 singles from 'Delta'. One hit, one semi hit, and then there was the YWOBMH (shouldn't exist imo) and ICBITMH which may as well of never been released.

This album needs to be good, really good, for Delta to continue to hold her name as one of Australia's best artists, and also, album number five needs to be out within the year, none of this 3-4 year later crap. She hasn't got that strong of a name to be able to continue doing that, people have lost interest already and people will continue to lose interest if that's the way Delta continues to release her music.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
im sure the album will be here soon i would say at the end of the year sometime

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I can't wait for the album either and think (or really hope) it's going to be epic! If it's top notch quality then I don't mind waiting but in terms of the US I hope she doesn't leave it too long because all this recent publicity will go out the window.

OFFLINE   Believe Again

Believe Again

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Honestly, I think to capitalize on all this really good exposure she will need to release the album this year! Was just randomly reading her official bio and saw this "Delta is currently based in Los Angeles where she is writing her new album which is due out worldwide in late 2011." I really hope so :D
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Honestly, I think to capitalize on all this really good exposure she will need to release the album this year! Was just randomly reading her official bio and saw this "Delta is currently based in Los Angeles where she is writing her new album which is due out worldwide in late 2011." I really hope so :D

That sounds promising! :)

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
By late I think they mean December in time for Christmas..

Hopefully a single is out in time for Delta to do a performance at The ARIA's. With ROVE no longer being on there's going to be limited interviews, and sadly, none as fun as what they were with ROVE. Rove was a big help to Delta I think. She came across more relaxed and fun on the show.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,891 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think they should wait until Christmas time. Capitalise on Christmas shopping :)

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I think the emergence of artists like Adele bring back the more raw piano ballad type of music. If Delta could produce an album similar to that standard then she will definitely be successful around the world. Good to see that this style of music is being brought back to provide a break from the overload of dancey songs, same with Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts.

I'm honestly kinda surprised how well Adele's album has performed on the charts. I think that just shows that there is still a market for those big ballads and piano which will hopefully benefit Delta when she releases the new album.

Cannot wait for the album! Hopefully there won't be such a long wait for more releases from her.

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,884 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
To summarise, there are three things I want from this next album/era:

-Emotional/raw songs with just Delta and her piano.
-A UK/European release.
-A UK/European tour.

One thing I'd rather not have:

-More duets!

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   kyky

kyky

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm very excited for the new era - if songs like I'm not ready are a flavour of what's to come, then I can't wait.

At the moment she is gaining a lot of exposure through Michael Bolton and all the stuff in her personal life - as much as I don't think she needs to capitalise on it - in the US it would help her, you have to keep yourself in the limelight to make an impact.

I agree that the success of Adele is a reassurance that artists like Delta can achieve global success.

Posted Image

Follow me -

@ky_kystealey

OFFLINE   MattRiley28

MattRiley28

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 65 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
@yeah i can't wait for the new album its going to be so cool to here Delta's voice again
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Febuary 2012! I hate to say it but that is what it looks like to me. I hope that Delta goes back to her raw sound. "I'm Not Ready" has made me fall in love with her music again and I can only cross my fingers that an album will soon find it's way onto the store shelves! Here is to hoping 2012 is Delta's year! I love this forum!

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm looking forward to it :D

Posted Image

ONLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I really am excited for this new album. I have a feeling that it is going to be closer than we are expecting. I also hope that this trend does not continue with her albums. There was 3 years between MI and DELTA and now at least 4 years bewtween DELTA and this one. I know Delta doesnt like to rush her songwriting and the album has to feel right - but make it feel right quicker. For her sake.

If she takes too long people will lose interest and she may not be able to gain longevity in fans, as the new ones may get sick of waiting for her and move onto to another singer.

I believe that the time is NOW to release in America. Then that way she can build up slowly. Release a single now, promote it everywhere like CRAZY. Release another single in November say and then the album will be well promoted by December and Delta should ahve built a pretty good name for herself both back in Australia, in the UK and hopefully America. Then she should be able to tour by the middle of next year. Then have a year to write the next album and release that late 2013 early 2014.

That is what I think would be logical! But it probably wont happen, and this time next year we'll probably be saying that same thing. When do you thin the new album will be out!

Delta, I know the album has to be perfect, but surely after 3.5 years it'd be FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Of course, this album will be wonderful to me, we have waited so long, that even a poor quality album will be wonderful to me! I am sure it will be spectacular though!

That's my rant!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic