Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Top Of My World Show: Hamer Hall, Melbourne - November 7

Top Of My World Shows

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,871 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Top Of My World Show: Hamer Hall, Melbourne - November 7

Official discussion thread.

Posted Image

Post your videos, photos and reviews in here.

Thread won't open til a few hours before the show starts.

Artin

My signature is awesome.

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,871 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
OOPS. FORGOT TO OPEN. HEHEHEHE.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,708 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Naughty Nitra!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Benny :)

Benny :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Lol i was wondering when you would open it Artin :) Hope everyone is having a good time :)

OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
haha I kept checking it and wondering why it wasn't opened lol Hope the show is going well and can't wait to hear your stories :)

OFFLINE   nugget

nugget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Good show.
Few reviews with photos up already
http://www.heraldsun...f-1226512608587
The Herald Sun link seems to cut the article out
So here it is

Delta Goodrem delights fans at Hamer Hall to showcase new songs from Child of the Universe
  • Cameron Adams
  • November 08, 2012 12:00AM

Posted Image

THEY say success is the best revenge. And watching Delta Goodrem put smiles on the faces of a sold-out Hamer Hall last night, you see why she chooses to focus on fans not haters.

The fact she gracefully handles her anonymous detractors' venom (seemingly based on the fact she's too nice) says plenty about the way Goodrem has carried herself from day one.
Goodrem has incredibly patient (it's been five years between albums) but incredibly passionate fans.
Last night those vocal fans were treated to a two-hour dose of Delta - showcasing new album Child of the Universe and reinventing her back catalogue.
She even conducted a lengthy post-show Q&A session, a time when many of her contemporaries would have retreated to the hotel or bar.
Indeed Goodrem's so comfortable on stage you wonder why she doesn't do it more often.
Even after scalding her thighs last week - she pointed out her "gangster walk" and "hot water and I don't mix."
The singer/songwriter could really connect with those outside of her loyal fan base with the kind of good old-fashioned tour of small venues she never got around to with her accelerated success.
Her new band saw Goodrem veer close to rock - souping up Lost Without You with guitar grunt, Born to Try had an injection of Coldplay's Clocks, In This Life got a dose of Oasis' Wonderwall.
New song Touch displays a Fleetwood Mac vibe that suits her - not as successful the nods to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Montell Jordan in Throw It Away.
There were perhaps too many new arrangements of familiar hits and seeing Goodrem back at the piano for a cover of Des'ree's I'm Kissing You and new song I'm Not Ready was a highlight.
The latter, a post-mortem of her engagement, contained some of the night's most raw lyrics.
Tickets are still available for Goodrem's show at Hamer Hall tonight, also featuring her Voice discovery Rachel Leahcar as opening act.

This one is a UK one, more with photos from the night
http://www.thesun.co...after-burn.html

:)

Edited by nugget, 07 November 2012 - 11:23 PM.

OFFLINE   jeddman

jeddman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Was fantastic...I loved Hypnotized and her voice is so good...Hunters was great too. The Q & A was a little average...boring questions imo...and all that 'can I have a hug' business started happening. I wish I got to ask my question...I should've asked her when I met her today. If anyone gets the chance to ask my question is 'what song from any of your 3 previous albums do you wish you had made a single?'

Anyways really cute moment at the Q&A when a girl asked if she could sing for Delta...while the girl was on stage singing Innocent Eyes, Delta got behind the piano and started playing....very sweet moment.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jainash

Jainash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
it was fantastic, im a bit bummed i didnt get an opportunity to ask her a question, would have loved to go get a photo with her and do the gangnam style!

OFFLINE   BraveFace2012

BraveFace2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just got back from the show, and it was great - AMAZING. My favourite songs were "I'm Not Ready" (really strong - from the heart & soul performance) - "Knocked Out" - "Sitting On Top Of The World" (Great opening song) - "Hunters & The Wolves", "Safe To Believe" and "Hypnotized". She really was on FIRE at this show. I've seen her on the Visualise tour and the Delta tour, and I think this was the best so far.
I was sitting right down the front with my friend, and Delta pointed to him and got him up on stage dancing with her during "Hypnotized" I have a few photos of this incredible moment for us, but does anyone have video they could post on Youtube or send me.
Thanks Delta what a great night!

OFFLINE   Jessica

Jessica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Did she wear any different outfits because of her burns?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jainash

Jainash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
for those interested - here is a sneak peak at the upcoming photos from the concert from me.

Posted Image

i had my SLR and was sitting up at the balcony, so managed to get some decent shots :D

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

POPULAR

Best comment in the Q&A - No one really heard it but I heard her say.

Question" What would you tell your younger self?"

Answer: *some answer before saying* "DON'T LET THE PARASITES IN"

I KID YOU NOT! I LAUGHED SO HARD...WAS MAYBE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HEARD IT! So many digs at Brian tonight! Love her :)

Photos tomorrow night she said!

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I KID YOU NOT! I LAUGHED SO HARD...WAS MAYBE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HEARD IT! So many digs at Brian tonight! Love her :)

hahaha go Delta! Sounds like it was a good night

OFFLINE   DeltaFan28

DeltaFan28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
LOVED the show last night, I was sitting in the circle which wasn't the best, and I had a headache so was straining to see, but Delta was fabulous. I'm going again tomorrow night and I'll be in the 4th row in the very front section :) Can't wait. Will take some photos then.

Enjoyed the Q&A session, although people kept taking advantage of Delta's kindness with "can I have a photo" etc. I was in the second row for the Q&A (managed to score a single seat that I spotted) and couldn't think of a question to ask! Although I've seen Delta in person before, I was sitting there in awe and couldn't believe I was so close to her.

My favourite songs were Bare Hands/Throw it Away, Predictable, OOTB/Be Strong and I'm Not Ready. I really really loved the mash ups and new versions of old songs!!

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
She was amazing! Idk what else to say as its 2am but it was a great show. I was cockblocked by her mic stand when she sang on the piano tho. I couldn't see her face. Looking forward to the show tonight!

OFFLINE   DeltaFan28

DeltaFan28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Haha, I heard that and loved it too!

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
SECOND ROW SEATS TONIGHT!! Gonna be way better tonight than the annoying people in front of me who kept standing up.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,502 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Thanks for all the reviews can't wait for more pics and videos!! Btw The Sun newspaper (UK) needs to sort out their sources ... they said Delta is 33yrs old in the article :lol: only a few yrs off lol! xxx

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I love her pink in her hair too!

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,604 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just returned home from the concert. What a night :)
A quick recount... I left straight after work and met Laura (l_and_j rule) at Blackburn station, then we went to a nearby florist to buy a bunch of flowers for $50, then we caught a train to the city. We went to Hamer Hall and I noticed there was a loooong queue for concert merchandise. I met Arjay's mum but not Arjay herself (some of you may remember I met Arjay in the Believe Again tour concert at the same venue 3 years ago). Laura and I queued to buy the merchandise, I got everything except the mug (should have bought it in Brisbane) then we had a quick bite.
(Good news for overseas fans, the merchandise I bought from the concert will be the major prize for an upcoming end-of-year competition. Stay tuned :) )
We went downstairs and met Darren (neon76) who again travelled all the way from Warrnambool to see the concert.
Laura and I sat at the same row (row T) but about 15 seats apart, so I was not able to chat to her during the concert. The concert itself was great, Delta's performances were stunning. There were two funny moments:
1. When Delta sang Innocent Eyes, she changed the lyrics from "Ten years have passed, and the one thing that lasts" to "20 years have passed, and the one that lasts" to the laughter of the audience
2. Delta all but confirmed she would return to The Voice Australia. When she asked the audience if they were part of Team Delta, songwriter and band member Vince Pizzinga, who was sitting on the left of the stage, dropped his guitar on the stage floor and Delta said something like "you must be from Team Seal" :lol:
The lighting at Hamer Hall is first class but was not very friendly to my camera because flash is not allowed during performances, and because I sat so far back from stage (Row T) half of my photos were blurry even with my best efforts.
I could have gone home at the end of the concert but I decided to stay around for the Q&A to see if I could meet Arjay and Renee (ninafan) in the audience. The stalls were half full for the Q&A and had a bigger crowd than Brisbane. The quality of questions was better although there were still people asking if they could meet Delta in person and get a hug. The highlight was a girl named Becky (or was it Mackie?) who sang the first half of IE while Delta played on the piano :)
Laura managed to give the flowers (signed on behalf of the forum) and chocolates to Delta at the end of Q&A :) It was getting late so I said goodbye to her and rushed to Flinders Street Station to catch the last train home.

The photos captured on my camera have now been posted on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook....88196206&type=1

I also caught some photos on my mobile phone because my camera ran out of power near the end of the concert, those pics will be posted on Thursday night.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Top Of My World Shows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users