Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

'Dancing With A Broken Heart' music video released!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mr.G

Mr.G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for uploading it to tumblr - very annoying that we cant watch it on youtube over here! I would understand if they had plans to give the single a proper release, but its on iTunes anyway!

She looks great in the video, especially in the water towards the end but..... Most of it is terrible. I'm not a big fan of music video's anyway, but it would be nice to have a good video. This just seems so badly edited and produced. It's a complete mess. Choppy and all over the place, with cheap transitions. Its like the believe again tour part 2.

Like the song and love Delta, but really don't see why things can't be done properly! Sorry if that's negative. I'm loving all her new stuff and she seems in great shape vocally. It's just frustrating that this era seems a bit messed up!

ONLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I really really really really really really really LOVE this video. I don't what dancing people are commenting on, that's not dancing, that's just usual Delta hippie movements.

My point exactly. This is the Delta Goodrem I stuck around hoping to see again.
It's weird how a visual changed all my feels towards this video!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yay!! Going to watch it in a bit, busy night already tonight! XD I'll edit later with full thoughts.

As for the international thing, that'd be VEVO, not Sony. But also Sony. VEVO's all region-lock-happy though..

Edited by MattA, 17 August 2012 - 09:01 PM.

OFFLINE   Rossy88

Rossy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Thank you so much for that, Dave!! :)

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the video and couldn't find any fault with it if I tried. I think the olympics/baby/engagement theme is brilliant as it helps people relate to so many different times in their life when listening to the song - it doesn't exclusively mean a relationship breakdown but any hardship in life that you have to live through. As for the dance moves, I think choreographed dancing would be totally wrong in this video, after all, the whole concept is about having the time of your life and having a good time, despite how you may be feeling inside. When we are sad and we go out with out friends to dance the night away, we don't dance choreographed moves, we dance around like a crazy person and just enjoy it! This is the feeling I get from watching Delta here, and I think it fits PERFECTLY with the song's lyrics. As far as I'm concerned, this is her best video ever. NMNI was very polished and each of the different scenes were very precise, whereas this is more natural and more emotional. Brilliant :)

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Uploaded the video to my tumblr -- http://feints.tumblr...ial-video-delta

Thank you sooooo much Dave!! You rock :)

Omg this is so perfect, it actually made me tear up! Beautiful!! Like one of my fav Delta videos! There is only one thing that I don't like - I really don't think that parents who lost a child would be like 'i won't look back tonight this is the TIME OF MY LIFE'....didn't like that part too much though I get the idea...somehow lol :(

gaa! this is so true, i didnt even think of that until you said it! i dont think you would be like 'im going higher, dancing with a broken heart' but oh well...

i do like that she has shown different aspects of heartbreak and that the song can mean a number of things like she has been saying.

i love the video, i love all the colours, and Delta looks STUNNING and so beautiful! i like how she is in water at night too, very BA and beautiful.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ xD I was immediately like 'weellll this might go to far now' lol good that the video is utter perfection otherwise :P

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I really really really really really really really LOVE this video. I don't what dancing people are commenting on, that's not dancing, that's just usual Delta hippie movements.

Ikr.

Edit: What a thoughtful reply, Artin.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Rossy88

Rossy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Uploaded the video to my tumblr -- http://feints.tumblr...ial-video-delta

Thank you sooooo much Dave!! You rock :)

Omg this is so perfect, it actually made me tear up! Beautiful!! Like one of my fav Delta videos! There is only one thing that I don't like - I really don't think that parents who lost a child would be like 'i won't look back tonight this is the TIME OF MY LIFE'....didn't like that part too much though I get the idea...somehow lol :(

gaa! this is so true, i didnt even think of that until you said it! i dont think you would be like 'im going higher, dancing with a broken heart' but oh well...

I took the idea to be a couple who were trying to have a baby but couldn't conceive, and they had a nursery and toys and a baby book ready but just weren't able to have a baby however much they tried? If that is not the case, then you're right, that is definitely a big flaw in the concept!

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

I wont look back tonight this is the time of my life - means to move on even though it's hard to let go, you wont ever forget but that doesn't mean life should stop. For parents losing a child its more about moving on rather than forgetting. Its about still living your life because life doesn't stop. You have to roll with the punches in life. :)

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I like it.
I wish they went a bit deep into the subject, the dance may not be perfect,but it's how she dances,i prefer when people do their thing instead of a robotic dance, overall i liked it, she sure looks hot and i loved the house part(i like this sort of dark videos).
Everyone has their opinion and i agree with some,but we all have to agree that Delta is growing up and we shouldn't be stucked in the past,and neither should she,we need to appreciate what we have even if it's slightly different from what we are used to.

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 17 August 2012 - 09:14 PM.

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I would've liked Delta to have a storyline as well, rather than just dancing, but the other 3 stories really added to the meaning of the song being about overcoming adversity rather than just a break up. Also I really didn't like the super huge giant full moon. It looked so fake. My favourite part was definitely where Delta was all goddess-like in the white dress. Maybe somehow her 'character' could've tied together all the other stories.

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,580 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Thanks very much for uploading it for all the international fans :) I loved all the different stories in the video and Delta looks so beautiful throughout! I'm sure in a BTS videos they'll explain the meanings of all the different 'Delta's' ... with Delta everything has significance! xxx

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
...So I'm also in the "Holy crap, that was amazing!" camp. We're getting crowded here. :P

The multiple aspects of heartbreak all linked together, it's classic Delta. The significance isn't exclusive to any one thing.. Perfect.

I would've liked Delta to have a storyline as well, rather than just dancing, but the other 3 stories really added to the meaning of the song being about overcoming adversity rather than just a break up. Also I really didn't like the super huge giant full moon. It looked so fake. My favourite part was definitely where Delta was all goddess-like in the white dress. Maybe somehow her 'character' could've tied together all the other stories.

Actually, she did have a character to play. Her interview on Nova's Hughesy & Kate show brings truth to one crucial part of this video. The starry night sky, Delta dancing (and call it whatever you want, dancing is an expression of yourself, no matter how you "move").. She mentions being in Mexico, feeling the pain and heartbreak, standing under a star-filled night sky and just dancing around like crazy. You know, just like Delta would do. :P I found that rather emotional too.. Definitely tells a deep story as well.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I just thought the dancing looked a little awkward - I am yet to watch it again!

I love to see Delta dancing so I'm not bagging that - I just didn't know how it fitted...

Like in SOTOTW I actually loved the dancing and thought it fitted the clip and song...

Whatever.... I've said my two cents now haha

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I think this video is seriously so good.. I was a bit skeptical about it after seeing just the olympic thing but I think it all works really together! It definitely has a lot of Delta influence in terms of the metaphors - broken engagement, feeling trapped/betrayed.. i even interrupted that child scene as maybe her parents just from resemblance to the actor and her dad.. that bear is also in the "say" video clip. could be reference to her childhood! I think theres so many interesting elements in it. Definitely think its one of her best videos! Random but could anybody else see it being mixed with 'Mistakes' video clip they seem quite similar in parts haha
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Frágil

Frágil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Loving the video. Delta looks so amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub: Happy just doing her music.... Loving the vibe. :)

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I actually like the use of the house in the clip - makes me think of the Mistakes video and links everything together - as in you can't come home to a place you don't belong - hence Dancing With a Broken Heart = moving on and moving forward in life!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Absolutely adore this clip! The storyline is amazing... I love how the idea of 'Dancing with a Broken Heart' is adapted to so many different situations to relate to all kinds of people.

It's the first clip Delta's done with an actual storyline in it in AGES which is really great to see.

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Dancing with a broken heart - Nomatter what breaks you, it's about standing in your own truth, rising above everything, and moving on with dignity, it doesn't mean you forget, but it's about finding closure to move on and be happy. Live life to the fullest, don't let anyone get you down. :)

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^ well said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users