Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

'Dancing With A Broken Heart' music video released!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Posted Image

The music video for Delta's brand new single 'Dancing With A Broken Heart' (iTunes link) is now availble on Delta's official VEVO account. Check out the stunning music video directed by Hannah Lux Davis below and let us know what you think.

http://youtu.be/u9yEeZ4Bw_s

HD SCREENCAPS:
http://deltadaily.co....php?album=2056

Artin

My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Abbeylaurence

Abbeylaurence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Love it!! =)

OFFLINE   MissDK

MissDK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
as always.. can't watch it in your country. :(

R.I.P 15 November 06. R.I.P 20 May 07! R.I.P 18 October 2007!
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
About time!! Good video clip. Lots of metaphors...very Delta. Doesn't really change much in regards to my opinion on the song. Just fine :)

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
De Ja Vu.
I swear I dreamed up that video like, early last year. Well not up, but I saw that brilliance coming.
I like it, it made me like the song more, I swear that mix of the song is way more developed then the version we got on the radio, which is also good.
I enjoyed it, it was definitely more the Delta I like, then Sitting On Top of the World.
You don't have to trick me into watching that.
It's very very good!

Edited by delbrit, 17 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   mel_jayne

mel_jayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I love it!

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
WHY IS IT NOT AVAILABLE INTERNATIONALLY?! THIS SUCKS ASS.

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's a good video. I expected something similar with the metaphorical themes. Delta looks gorgeous.

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
loving the song even more now :) just beautiful

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,679 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Not a fan. Ugh what is it with this era thats got me stumped. I was very 'wtf' when I heard SOTOTW for the first time. I was like 'why is everything all over the place!!'. Sure enough, its one of my fave Delta songs now and yeah I love it.

DWABH came on radio, I was very very 'wtf' - fearing Deltas gone down the route of Kylie, Britney, Christina, every friggin female diva there ever is and gone from pop to dance. Not the case, I love the song, cool with it now.

But im not a fan of this video. I love that they've given it extra depth with the olympian whose heart is broken because of an injury they cant control, parents who have lost their child, a marriage proposal but then it fell through. Amazing, I really love that. But the rest of the clip is full of nothing.

The most awkward dance moves ever. Could Delta have not learnt choreography or something? Its a lot of Delta singing to the camera, run here, run there, be in the water. I was hoping for a bit more which I guess is the feeling of the song too. So much potential but just not 'there' as such. I felt we got too much of the scenes where she is in the single cover, and not enough of her in the white which is just gorgeous.

I'm probably being overtly critical, she is really beautiful in the clip. I just feel it had so much potential, but it didnt quite deliver...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dave

dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
YAY!!

Posted Image

Dave / 20 / Sydney / Graphic Design Student

OFFLINE   jeddman

jeddman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Not a fan. Ugh what is it with this era thats got me stumped. I was very 'wtf' when I heard SOTOTW for the first time. I was like 'why is everything all over the place!!'. Sure enough, its one of my fave Delta songs now and yeah I love it.

DWABH came on radio, I was very very 'wtf' - fearing Deltas gone down the route of Kylie, Britney, Christina, every friggin female diva there ever is and gone from pop to dance. Not the case, I love the song, cool with it now.

But im not a fan of this video. I love that they've given it extra depth with the olympian whose heart is broken because of an injury they cant control, parents who have lost their child, a marriage proposal but then it fell through. Amazing, I really love that. But the rest of the clip is full of nothing.

The most awkward dance moves ever. Could Delta have not learnt choreography or something? Its a lot of Delta singing to the camera, run here, run there, be in the water. I was hoping for a bit more which I guess is the feeling of the song too. So much potential but just not 'there' as such. I felt we got too much of the scenes where she is in the single cover, and not enough of her in the white which is just gorgeous.

I'm probably being overtly critical, she is really beautiful in the clip. I just feel it had so much potential, but it didnt quite deliver...

I agree with everything you wrote pretty much, but I do think it's a beautiful clip...just was expecting a little but more...but I like it a lot better than the ALTL and YWOBMY clips lol.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Shame its not available internationally! But I'm not surprised!

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I agree with everything you wrote pretty much, but I do think it's a beautiful clip...just was expecting a little but more...but I like it a lot better than the ALTL and YWOBMY clips lol.

Haha yes this!!

I really like the colours of the clip, just not a fan of the special effects either, esp when she's singing the parts that we see from the cover.

OFFLINE   Rossy88

Rossy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I can't believe we STILL can't watch it if we're not in Australia. Are they TRYING to piss off all the fans this year or what!?

OFFLINE   knightr634

knightr634

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Why is it not viewable here! For Heaven's sake we've been waiting for this!!!! :angry:

OFFLINE   Anna

Anna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

The music video for Delta's brand new single 'Dancing With A Broken Heart' (iTunes link) is now availble on Delta's official VEVO account. Check out the stunning music video directed by Hannah Lux Davis below and let us know what you think.

Artin

Artin can you upload this video somewhere else so people outside of Oz could watch it ?? plissssss :)

"Seek out the strength to win

No thoughts of giving in..."

https://twitter.com/AnnaGruszkowska

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I can't believe we STILL can't watch it if we're not in Australia. Are they TRYING to piss off all the fans this year or what!?

Legitimately think this too.

I think that video changed my feelings about that WHOLE version of the song. Now I like it, cuz I can see it, the weird editing make sense and shit. It's just...good.

Should've released the video first IMO.
The version on the radio makes no sense without that video. That video kind of makes the point she gets across with the version on the cd single/radio edit/whatever the beaty version MAKE SENSE.

I love the Broken Heart situation turning into a positive situation symbolism. I like the different emotions, different places, and the kind of, unity in the video. I'd never relate to the broken arm thing, but I would relate to the broken relationship thing!

yeah, I am all over that detail in the editing. This woman director knows what she's doing. They need to get a constract up and she should do ALL of Delta's video.

Edited by delbrit, 17 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Artin

Artin can you upload this video somewhere else so people outside of Oz could watch it ?? plissssss :)

I would get in trouble. Like I did last time with SOTOTW. But I'm not opposed to someone else uploading it. Just don't upload on YouTube and split the views.

Last time, Sony uploaded the video on the DeltaGoodrem channel too for all the international viewers, so it split the views. Hated that. Probably going to happen again this time...

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,679 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I watch it for a third time and I get to notice all the little things the director has done, and its great. But no one is going to look into the film clip this deeply. I just feel like it haha.

Delta looking down then eyes open at 0.04 brings intensity to the song and reveals its beginning

"Last wave pulls me under" - visual shot of her in the water

"What doesnt kill you makes you so much stronger" - visual of an olympian who got seriously injured but is not dead.

The medal dropping at 0.30 to give the intensity of the chorus beginning

"Im going higher" - Delta does the diva reach in the air

"Bury all the past six feet under" - visual of parents who lost their kid, and had to literally bury their kid six feet under (so sad hey)

I just love how the fiancee who got betrayed turns what is said into 'freedom' and 'peace' - I feel Delta had input in this part of the video and its beautiful, completely what the song is about

Singing 'underneath these stars' under the stars

I love the effect at 2.32 where theres that build up towards the climax and they have the shots from the single cover set flashing, love the intensity

I guess my main problem with the film clip is really the last minute from the climax to the end.

Whole heap of 'shit' and I just wish they did more. Would have been really great for Delta to do some really awesome choreography or do something more meaningful. Cause the clip has so much potential to be 'amazing' and its just 'okay' I think...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users