Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Article: Stars in talks to return to The Voice

The Voice article

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,866 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Stars in talks to return to The Voice

THE Voice host Darren McMullen has revealed that he and all four coaches - Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden and his close friend Delta Goodrem - are in negotiations to return to the hit show next year, but nothing has been finalised yet.
Speaking in London where he is hosting a show called The Beat of Londonfor Coca-Cola, McMullen said he hopes all four will come back next year.
As well as talking about The Voice, McMullen also addressed constant speculation about his relationship with Goodrem after they have been seen together during the past few weeks around the world.
He said working on the show was an "incredible" experience and he hopes things work out.
"We are all in negotiations, there is no secret to that," he said.
"Although we've all got careers outside of The Voice and sometimes the stars don't align, but I think it would be odd now to have someone different in the seat. We became like a family and got along so well by the end of it."
McMullen and Goodrem went to last week's Opening Ceremony in London together and they have been noticed elsewhere around the world, but McMullen said at the moment they were just very, very close friends.
He admitted he finds the attention strange.
"Delta's personal life has always tended to hit the front pages of papers ever since she started, for whatever reason," he said.
"We are very, very close, that is no secret.
"We hang out a lot - she was in London last week and we went to some events.
"She's great and we are very close and (she is) a beautiful friend of mine, but it's kind of odd to get all the attention, even in LA where we have been neighbours for three years."
Hosting The Beat of London is a big coup for McMullen, as it's seen in 40 countries around the world.
"It's very me," he said.
"We can have fun and play around. It's a very MTV-style show, which I'm very comfortable with."

http://www.heraldsun...o-1226442968701

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta needs to come back for a second season.

A new host is needed tho Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
yes delta needs to come back

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Thanks for posting

I didn't know that Delta & Darren were/are neighbours

Edited by In_This_Life, 05 August 2012 - 01:23 AM.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I want her and Joel back for sure, I can't think of a reason Joel won't come back.

Keith is like, touring early next year, and Seal, maybe, maybe not.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I hope Seal doesn't come back, ew.

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I hope so too

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Read an article on Digital spy UK last week where Pink said she has been approached for American Idol, The X Factor America and interestingly The Voice Australia, and turned them all down...

So that pretty much means Delta wasnt first choice for The Voice Australia but also that Delta has very little competition for getting her spot back for next year..

id imagine she will be back next year

OFFLINE   rove91

rove91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I THINK DELTA IS REUINING HER CAREER SHE CANT JUDGE SORRY TO THOSE WHO LOVE HER I LOVE DELTA BUT SHE TRIES TO STEAL THE SHOW THE SHOW ISNT ABOUT DELTA.... im SORRY IF I OFFEND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE... TO BE HONEST AS MUCH AS I LOVE DELTA NO DOUBT PEOPLE WILL THINK IM NOT A TRUE FAN , AN OTHER ETC....... I HOPE SHE DOSENT COME BACK FOR SEASON 2 SHE IS VERY ANNOYING ON THE VOICE! IT DOSENT SUIT HER....
Posted Image

ONLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,866 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I THINK DELTA IS REUINING HER CAREER SHE CANT JUDGE SORRY TO THOSE WHO LOVE HER I LOVE DELTA BUT SHE TRIES TO STEAL THE SHOW THE SHOW ISNT ABOUT DELTA.... im SORRY IF I OFFEND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE... TO BE HONEST AS MUCH AS I LOVE DELTA NO DOUBT PEOPLE WILL THINK IM NOT A TRUE FAN , AN OTHER ETC....... I HOPE SHE DOSENT COME BACK FOR SEASON 2 SHE IS VERY ANNOYING ON THE VOICE! IT DOSENT SUIT HER....

THIS POST IS ANNOYING. WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   MattA

MattA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Steady on the caps lock, rove91~ ;) (Damn you, Artin, for ninja-ing, but Inorite? OMG CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, GUYS)

Anyway, I think the 4 coaches are THE BEST I've ever seen compared to other shows of the past. I genuinely like all of them (well, I tolerate Seal..)
I can't say I like AGT's judges (Kyle is a twat, Brian is.. Brian, and Danni is the lesser Minogue.)
X Factor's aren't much better.. Australian Idol's were rather unlikeable as well.

Last time I saw Darren McMullen before The Voice was his time on MTV Australia. He seemed like a bit of douche/tool. But it was MTV, I forgave him. I.. Genuinely liked his hosting ability on The Voice though.

And contrary to popular belief, yes The Voice is about the contestants, but it's the coaches show too. They're choosing people for *their* team that *they* believe will win the entire series for *them*. It's very much about them.
I did hate a lot of the social media backlash about Delta's... Diva-ness(?) and supposedly making it "The Delta Goodrem Show: Featuring Three Other Guys".. I didn't see that at all! But apparently that's the popular thing, these days.. Delta is somehow the social media comedian's best joke/punchline. She was Australia's lovable sweetheart during the Rove (and Ten not being horrendously awful) years..

It's also highly likely that Joel is returning. Didn't he officially announce on the finale last year that he and his wife and child/ren(?) are moving to Australia?

Read an article on Digital spy UK last week where Pink said she has been approached for American Idol, The X Factor America and interestingly The Voice Australia, and turned them all down...

So that pretty much means Delta wasnt first choice for The Voice Australia but also that Delta has very little competition for getting her spot back for next year..

id imagine she will be back next year

According to the Wiki for The Voice Australia, all previous speculation was wrong.

"Christina Aguilera, George Michael, Usher, P!nk, Gwen Stefani, Danni Minogue (poached from Seven), Anthony Callea, Vanessa Amorosi, Ashley Roberts (Pussycat Dolls)"
Those were all names mentioned that either were asked or expressed interest.

Edited by MattA, 21 August 2012 - 12:54 AM.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,553 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Reports from the US suggest that Keith Urban has signed to become a judge on the new season of American Idol, meaning he won't return to The Voice in 2013.

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^Yep, i'm happy for Keith, that's a huge role to land.

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
depending on when the auditions/battle rounds are Delta might not be able to do it with the tour next year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Voice, article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users